Ouroboros Spine darkening scorn
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
If there was any tone behind Raimo's voice, Adrastus couldn't hear it. The compliment he received without thinking that he might have been any less than impressed, though Adrastus did not need to have validation from Raimo when he knew he was a capable enough hunter. A wolf did not get to be as solidly built as Adrastus without also being very capable about feeding himself, and using his energy well. He already knew that a marten was less than an ideal meal- especially for one with an apatite the size of his, so he simply smiled good-naturedly at that comment. Pine marten wasn't even terribly pleasant to eat- but the real treasure was what Raimo pointed out next. 

Having pushed the marten into the snow so that it couldn't struggle, Adrastus had managed to get a grip on its throat without it being able to thrash and cause damage to its furs. He gestured. "You are right. But look-" He said, pulling the marten out of the hole in the ground. While it had puncture wounds at its throat, the rest of its sleek pelt was healthy and shiny. "I make the snow a friend of mine. For small prey such as this, it is easier to make a clean kill while using the snow to hold it in place." He explained. He thought Raimo might benefit from the tutelage, if he thought that Adrastus' methods had harmed the creature's pelt. "I was asked to fetch pelts for Kukutux; so I will be bringing this to her."
Messages In This Thread
darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 15, 2021, 10:51 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 02:14 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 02:21 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 02:33 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 02:49 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 02:59 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 03:18 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 03:28 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 03:39 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 04:35 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 04:40 PM