Ouroboros Spine darkening scorn
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
A solemn nod was given to the man, accepting the fact that Raimo did not wish for him to become a part of his hunting clan. With confidence, he felt that the sour male, who seemingly clung to entitlement with every fibre of his being, would struggle to attract many hunters to follow him. All Adrastus had needed to do was to state that he did not intend to follow Raimo, so that he knew his position was not as solid as he believed it to be. It was better, he thought, than challenging him to a battle of strength. The rejection offended Adrastus very little. He had stated his beliefs, and that was the first instruction he had been given. If the first hunter was declared unfit by the others, then he could not cling to his title. 

He tried to assert his claim, but it only furthered the point Adrastus had made earlier. He wanted to reply immediately to him and inform him that naturally he'd been chosen as the first hunter when he'd been the only one- but when he mentioned that Kukutux had chosen him to father her children, his cheeks flushed hot. He remembered how Raimo had openly claimed that he longed for the hearts of the Moon and Star, and now he claimed Kukutux had asked him to be the father of her children? He hadn't expected himself to be jealous. And his hackles had lifted, in spite of himself. But he did his best to remain calm, and picked up the marten, pulling it toward himself. "I believe you tell lies, but I will believe it if I hear it from Kukutux." He said simply, with a sigh. Raimo was likely the sort of wolf who was beyond help. "I do not fault Kukutux for making you first hunter...When you were the only hunter in the pack. But you are not the only hunter, now, and first hunter is chosen amongst the hunters." He reiterated. He felt he would have to keep repeating himself if he kept talking to Raimo, so he nodded his head. "Regardless. I will be taking this to her. And will leave you with your hunting party. Good day," He said, picking up the marten and turning so that he could lope away from the male whose reputation had been fouled in all of a few moments.
Messages In This Thread
darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 15, 2021, 10:51 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 02:14 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 02:21 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 02:33 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 02:49 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 02:59 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 03:18 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 03:28 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 03:39 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 04:35 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 04:40 PM