Ouroboros Spine li. i'm just a silhouette
"Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."
449 Posts
Ooc —

lótë only grinned with joy, beaming with it. the tupilak's attack and nuak's bondage had cast a pall on their village -- and not even she realized the extent of the damage that the event had caused kukutux -- but there seemed too many good things in this world, too much love and happiness to share in, to linger in the grief that had fallen over their tribe. nuak would be dealt with in time, and she and the moonwife had both birthed healthy children and come out of their delivery mostly alright. the spirits were blessing them -- for now, at least. rather than fret over the next blow of bad tidings, the dove was choosing to enjoy it while it lasted. 

she committed the names to memory, wondering if she might be able to guess which was which when she met the newest ostregas. "you must be proud -- she sounds like a wonderful sister. i often forget how young sialuk is, she is so very mature." her thoughts wandered to the star, reminding her to seek the beta out and thank her for being so kind as to help when lótë was giving birth. without sialuk and shikoba, she wasn't sure she would've gotten through it. "she was a great help when i had my children...i will always be grateful to both of you for being my rock through all this." she touched her muzzle to kukutux's affectionately.

with the duck's next words, her ears pricked curiously -- attentive to the change in her friend's demeanor. "i would love that. your children are always welcome at my home," she assured in a gentle murmur, lips curling in a warm smile. the doe wanted nothing more than for their children to be close, to be cousins as she and kukutux were sisters even if different blood flowed in their veins.
[Image: tumblr_inline_p7g2ubEPPb1ufb8ej_400.gifv]
Messages In This Thread
li. i'm just a silhouette - by Lótë - August 29, 2021, 07:35 PM
RE: li. i'm just a silhouette - by Aiolos - September 02, 2021, 02:19 PM
RE: li. i'm just a silhouette - by Kukutux - September 02, 2021, 05:12 PM
RE: li. i'm just a silhouette - by Lótë - September 06, 2021, 10:09 PM
RE: li. i'm just a silhouette - by Aiolos - September 09, 2021, 02:13 PM
RE: li. i'm just a silhouette - by Kukutux - September 10, 2021, 04:49 PM
RE: li. i'm just a silhouette - by Lótë - September 20, 2021, 10:16 AM