Ouroboros Spine i try to give a party, and the guy upstairs complains
"Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."
449 Posts
Ooc —

the herbalist wasn't sure whether the pups would actually follow or not, they were still a bit young to be leaving the den after all, but they seemed emboldened by her nearby presence and ventured out -- albeit slowly and hesitantly. lótë grinned reassuringly, "see? it's nice out here." lómion seemed a bit overwhelmed with his surroundings but vairë quickly found her stride, darting towards a clump of grass and attempting to chow down. 

with a laugh, the mother dove straightened and trotted to the speckled cub's side. "you might eat the grass if you wish, vairë, but i'm not so sure you'll enjoy it." she sat, curling buff haunches beneath her to keep an eye on her daughter -- emeralds flickering to lómion occasionally as well. there wasn't any harm in it, lótë knew many wolves who ate grass though this was usually in the event of stomach upset. she just wanted to be sure her daughter didn't choke on the grass. 

after a moment, she gestured to the grass with her muzzle before brushing the pads of a single paw along the tops of the blades. "this is grass," she informed her children, including them both, in spite of the fact that they wouldn't understand. babies just liked being talked to, as lótë had quickly learned. "other animals eat it -- like moose and deer."

they played in the sunlight for a moment longer before a wind blew up fiercely and she grew concerned of the cold -- not to mention the paranoia that adrastus still lingered nearby, no longer a comforting shadow but an inescapable one. then she ushered the cubs back indoors, back into the warmth and security of their den.[/b]
[Image: tumblr_inline_p7g2ubEPPb1ufb8ej_400.gifv]
Messages In This Thread
RE: i try to give a party, and the guy upstairs complains - by Lótë - September 20, 2021, 10:35 AM