Blacktail Deer Plateau Dream State
51 Posts
Ooc — Eoran
“A war?” Slate nodded and took a glance around her to make sure no one else was there again. She felt foolish to be so paranoid, this man could be anyone, he could be from anywhere, and she could get in trouble. But then again he seemed oblivious to the fact there even was a war, maybe he was just some stranger passing through after all.

“I shant tarry here much longer, then… I thank ya fer yer warnin’. I live by tha sea,” His accent threw her off as she realized she had heard it before. The male was almost a distant memory by now, but she suddenly realized she had met him before somewhere else. Like Njord she couldn't quiet place him yet and she said nothing. She noticed how his body tensed at the mention of war and she understood the feeling quiet well. She hunched slightly and looked over her shoulder again. No one was here.

“’Aven’t I see ya before, lass?” She looked at Njord again and nodded. "Yes. We have met before. Briefly." She wanted to know more about his home, wanted to know what his pack was like by the sea, sheltered from war and terror in your sleep. “What can ya tell me about this war? Why are ya fightin’ it?” She wondered how much she could tell him without giving everything away, but decided on a trade.

"If you will answer my questions about your home, I'll tell you everything I know." She waited to see if he would agree and if he did she would begin to speak. "Ursus - my pack. Had their queen slaughtered by the saints of the dying light. Akashingo, who live in these mountains are Ursus' allies. I do no not know their exact part in this war, but they too seem to have a grudge for the saints. I don't know much more than that I am afraid. I only recently joined."

She walked a little closer to Njord and then with nothing more than a whisper she began asking her own questions. "What is your home like? Are the people there kind? Do you have healers? If yes, how many?" Her ears had perked up and she was quite interested in knowing everything about this pack. Slowly she remembered the scent of the ocean and a figure by the sea. Njord. She had tried to join his pack many months ago only to lose her courage at the end. She swallowed in insecurity and wondered if she should have gathered up more courage back then.

She was thinking that Ursus wasn't her home more and more often, but that wasn't something she could say out loud to them. Not to Merrick. She hoped he would forgive him one day.
Messages In This Thread
Dream State - by Njord - October 19, 2021, 01:32 PM
RE: Dream State - by Slate - October 20, 2021, 12:20 PM
RE: Dream State - by Njord - October 20, 2021, 01:36 PM
RE: Dream State - by Slate - November 01, 2021, 07:38 AM
RE: Dream State - by Njord - November 02, 2021, 10:29 AM
RE: Dream State - by Slate - November 16, 2021, 05:42 AM
RE: Dream State - by Njord - December 09, 2021, 11:27 AM