Ouroboros Spine lviii. only your ghost surrounds me
"Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."
449 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

The cloudberry woman was not entirely sure that her assumptions were correct. She was no midwife, trained in the womanly arts of these things. Yet, she was almost certain that she had smelt Shikoba's scent intermingled with the odor of womens' fever that laced the territory. Not to mention that they had spoken before of the possibility that the first hunter might become Anaa with the whelping season. 

It was but a hunch, but one the herbalist thought well founded. Thus, it was with a warm shawl of badger wrapped about her thin frame and a cheerful bounce in her step that Aiwë went in search of the guardian, hoping it would not be overstepping to impart a celebratory gift upon her village sister. 

As she flitted through the ulax in search of the native she-wolf, however, it was Inutsuk whose path she found herself crossing instead. She'd not had much chance to acquaint herself with the hunter, given her responsibilities as second wife and mother -- not to mention she had been laid up healing for some time now. 

With a steadying breath, she approached the he-wolf with hope that she would not seem ungainly in her awkwardness around men -- as was usually the case. A smile appeared around the bundle she carried, the herbs within wrapped in a soft hide of rabbit pelt. The two-year wuffed demurely in greeting as she approached her village brother, tail swaying in a gentle pendulum at her hocks. 

"I greet you, Inutsuk," the dove lilted after setting aside the gift she had brought, smiling warmly (albeit shyly) as she straightened to meet the man's blue hazel gaze. An interesting, ambiguous shade, she decided. His eyes could not seem to determine whether they wished to appear blue or green in truth. 
[Image: tumblr_inline_p7g2ubEPPb1ufb8ej_400.gifv]
Messages In This Thread
lviii. only your ghost surrounds me - by Lótë - January 14, 2022, 11:42 PM
RE: lviii. only your ghost surrounds me - by Inutsuk - January 17, 2022, 08:57 PM
RE: lviii. only your ghost surrounds me - by Lótë - January 18, 2022, 05:11 PM
RE: lviii. only your ghost surrounds me - by Inutsuk - January 18, 2022, 11:00 PM
RE: lviii. only your ghost surrounds me - by Lótë - January 31, 2022, 10:56 PM