Ouroboros Spine lviii. only your ghost surrounds me
"Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."
449 Posts
Ooc —
Lótë's head dipped in empathy, ears splaying to her skull with familiar guilt. Determining something in that very moment, the dove realized she had a possible solution and a way to repay those who had helped her in times past. "It is good Shikoba has you to look after her; she spends a great deal of time looking after the pack."

"Now that my leg has healed and my children grow older, it is time I helped provide for this season's mothers," Lótë murmured, nodding matter-of-factly. More than a need to repay debts, it was her duty to help out at this time. 

"I imagine much will fall to you in Shikoba's place as her pregnancy progresses." She imagined that the woman would keep with her everyday routine until she was unable to hunt. "I'm going to take up hunting again and teaching the children. If you would ever like to hunt together, you would be welcome to come and teach with me." 

"It's no problem at all," the Nuiruk reassured, realizing she'd embarrassed Inutsuk. It was too far gone to go back now. Might as well be honest with the man and hope he wasn't too abashed. "Shikoba was there for me when I became a mother," the cloudberry admitted in a wisp of a lilt. "My children call her 'Anaa 'oba' from Kukutux's tongue. 'Amil 'oba' in my own language. It means Mother Shikoba." 

"She means a great deal to my family." Lótë glanced back to Inutsuk with a small smile. "If I can help in anyway at all, I will. I owe Shikoba that much."
[Image: tumblr_inline_p7g2ubEPPb1ufb8ej_400.gifv]
Messages In This Thread
lviii. only your ghost surrounds me - by Lótë - January 14, 2022, 11:42 PM
RE: lviii. only your ghost surrounds me - by Inutsuk - January 17, 2022, 08:57 PM
RE: lviii. only your ghost surrounds me - by Lótë - January 18, 2022, 05:11 PM
RE: lviii. only your ghost surrounds me - by Inutsuk - January 18, 2022, 11:00 PM
RE: lviii. only your ghost surrounds me - by Lótë - January 31, 2022, 10:56 PM