Blackwater Islands You’ve got your powdered lies
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Holy crap that was a lot of dialogue... LOL. So sorry for the headache.

Each had their turn to listen and talk. Points were made; accepted or denied. 

Arashi then had a new mind; a different view of the boy. Though he couldn't quite put a foot down on what,.. it was there.

I understand where you come from. I know what it means to be taught to feel nothing, to be driven to kill and crave the sensation. If it was what you used to believe, that I am a Saint? Don't. I've taken more lives than I can count and done so on the behalf of those who bade me do so. It was the hope that, in this, Alduin would find some sense of similarity, rather than continue to assume that they were so different. 

You say you feel no sympathy, nor fear. This can come as an advantage. It makes it easier to kill without caring; but, it can also get you into a lot of trouble. If you become so blind and ruthless towards death, you may end up killing the wrong people. And no, I don't mean this by way of morals and justice. I say "the wrong people as in those who will hunt you down and won't stop until you are dead. The hound gave a short pause, studying Alduin to see if he was truly listening or paying fake regard to his words.

You act as though you aren't afraid to die. If it is your time, it is your time... Arashi shook his head slightly, blinking before returning a cold gaze upward. Don't think like that. You've made it clear that chaos and blood is your fate — your future. You won't have a future if you're dead; will you? Remember what I said before about being a puppet? Have a mind in regards to that concept: puppet and puppeteer. What would be more beneficial to them? You staying alive to be their executioner, or being dead? Then again, if you prefer to be dead... then, by all means, continue on spreeing in baths of blood as you please.  

With this, I only intend to teach you to pay some form of regard to the enemies you make. Where you think you may have only made one, you could have made 100 more. Families grow tighter, as does allies and friends. Kill one and you'll have to kill them all before you're free of the noose they've knotted for you, and you alone. 

By now, the encounter had drug itself on so long that Arashi's feet had become sore. It was only with the silence that the hound realized that he was still standing. Thus, he would allow himself to rest a bit, lowering over his quarters before continuing.

I will teach you to fight; enemies both big and small. I will teach you to see weakness and use it to your advantage; but, only if you truly admit to understanding what I have just said. I did not relay that entire speech just for you to shrug it off like it meant nothing. There is a reason I told you — the reason being that I once made the same mistake and almost lost my life for it. And unlike you, I care to live. Also, one more thing... if I am to be your mentor, you will treat me as such. I don't give a shit what your rank says or who you answer to. What I teach won't be free. I won't be tossed around like a bag of bones by you or anyone else on this forsaken island. You will respect me and listen to every word I tell you. If you don't, I'll walk away like this conversation never happened and you can either learn from someone else, or screw up and get yourself killed. Is this understood? Nostrils flared as the question was spat out before the boy. Arashi didn't even need a "yes" or "no". By body language alone, it would be known which the boy would choose. Even a single sign of dismissal and the man would walk away with no further use here.

Messages In This Thread
You’ve got your powdered lies - by Alduin - February 10, 2022, 12:21 AM
RE: You’ve got your powered lies - by Arashi - February 10, 2022, 01:17 AM
RE: You’ve got your powered lies - by Alduin - February 10, 2022, 01:44 AM
RE: You’ve got your powered lies - by Arashi - February 10, 2022, 01:56 AM
RE: You’ve got your powered lies - by Alduin - February 10, 2022, 02:13 AM
RE: You’ve got your powdered lies - by Arashi - February 10, 2022, 02:28 AM
RE: You’ve got your powdered lies - by Alduin - February 10, 2022, 03:07 AM
RE: You’ve got your powdered lies - by Arashi - February 12, 2022, 11:23 AM
RE: You’ve got your powdered lies - by Alduin - February 13, 2022, 11:25 PM
RE: You’ve got your powdered lies - by Arashi - February 14, 2022, 01:44 PM
RE: You’ve got your powdered lies - by Alduin - February 14, 2022, 08:33 PM