Hideaway Strath What if what you do to survive
-Dark of Soul, Strong of Body-
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok felt her gaze on his scars, and his leg. The muscle jumped in the leg as it sometimes did, and the limp was still pronounced, but he was healthy for his age, other than that. He had learned to use his disability as Miss. Scarlett had told him to do.

At the next words, his heart leaped. So she was Desna's daughter. The one he had favored over the others. Granted he had not had them long, but Desna, had been the one he most wanted to protect. Perhaps he could protect this one. Where he had failed with Desna and Miss Scarlett, with this Arlette he could stay near her, protect her until his number was up, which let's be honest. He was old So it wasn't far away.

Artok's chest tightened and a low, keen came from deep within, surprising even himself, and he spoke with such vehemence. I never should have left her. I promised her I would protect her. I promised.

He stood and moved about, the limp pronounced, but his gait as even as it could be. I didn't come back for her. I honestly don't know why I came back. Probably because this is where I spent the most time in my entire life. And it had been he had roamed before he met Miss. Scarlett and he had roamed after. He quieted his tumulteous thoughts and settled to his hindquarters again.

At her next question, Artok chuckled and shook his head. Miss. Scarlett was a mother. She was one of those wolfess's that just existed to care and raise babies. That was her main goal. She would adopt all us strays. Nea, myself and many others I am sure. She was a caretaker. And she was the best. She protected us, raised us, saved us. She was the best wolfess. I don't boast a love for many Miss. Arlette, as a matter of fact I loathe most more than I love. But Miss. Scarlett I loved her. Absolutely fucking adored her. I would have laid my life for hers in a minute. You are a lucky wolfess to be related to her with binds of blood, and to look like her. Prettiest she wolf ever. And you have her kind eyes.

He nodded in absolute conviction. He believed what he had say absolute truth. He was not one to make lies. He was more honest than he was not, and most of the time his truths were harsh and heavy and unyielding, but for this wolfess. This grandaughter of Miss Scarlett, well she would get his best. Because she deserved his best, because her grandmother was his mother.
Artok has a permanent limp in his front right foreleg.
Messages In This Thread
What if what you do to survive - by Adlartok - June 30, 2022, 08:40 PM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Arlette - July 01, 2022, 05:10 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Adlartok - July 01, 2022, 06:37 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Arlette - July 01, 2022, 06:53 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Adlartok - July 01, 2022, 07:05 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Arlette - July 01, 2022, 07:51 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Adlartok - July 01, 2022, 08:07 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Arlette - July 01, 2022, 09:03 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Adlartok - July 01, 2022, 09:21 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Arlette - July 01, 2022, 10:03 AM
RE: What if what you do to survive - by Adlartok - July 01, 2022, 10:18 AM