Cedar Sweep The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich lifted an eyebrow at her stage whisper, telling him that she wasn't being loud. He said nothing at this, but kept his eyebrow raised so that she would know he did not believe that for a moment. However, when she came toward him and raised her paw to show him her torn pads, his face softened. "Oh, my lady..." he said, under his breath, his heart breaking for the blood she had lost and the pain endured. The pain that went much further than shredded paw pads. Louder, he said, "We should do something about that. I... I don't have much healer training, but the medics used to put some kind of chewed up moss on our paws when we came in looking like that." He paused, thinking. "I'm not sure what kind of moss it was, though. Perhaps simply resting your paws in the river up ahead may help..."

He had not even noticed her words about his worth, had been so focused on her pain that he did not hear anything at all until she began to tell him what she could smell, what prey she sensed. He shook himself, internally reprimanding himself for losing focus. That was how you died out here, by not paying attention. By allowing an enemy wolf or a bear or a cougar to sneak up on you.

"Squirrels would probably be too difficult for you," he told her. "They move very quickly and have the advantage of climbing into the trees upon being chased." He was about to say more when her next words cut through him like a thorn to the heart.

"I'm not doing very well. Hmm."

"You are doing just fine," he said, his voice harsher than he meant it to be, sounding angry at her when he was not at all angry at her. He was angry at this, their situation, angry that she was forced from the safety of her home. Angry that she looked down on herself when she had taken all of this in stride, and seemed to be handling it better than he was. He took a breath, closing his eyes, afraid he had frightened her. "You will learn." He kept his voice gentle now, as gentle as his harsh gargling voice could sound. "It simply takes time. Now... Perhaps a rabbit or a fox? They are fast runners as well, but they cannot escape into the trees."

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The world was on fire and no one could save me but you - by Ulrich - December 13, 2022, 10:47 PM