Cedar Sweep The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
282 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Ulrich was impressed by her tracking skills. He followed along at a small distance behind her, letting her search for a rabbit den on her own. The first few places she came to were the wrong animal, or they were old and lacked any prey to speak of. Each time she came to such a place, she turned and went on, nose to the ground, eyes and ears alert. She twisted and turned through the trees and underbrush, and then finally stopped, asking him if she'd found the right thing.

He came closer, inspecting the dens she had found, sniffing at them. "Yes," he said, standing upright again. "These are rabbit burrows." He gave her a rare, brief smile. "You've done well for someone who's never hunted before. Now... the rabbits within will not come out willingly, especially not with the two of us standing here. We must flush them out. One of us will have to dig into the burrow from behind, scaring the rabbit or rabbits out, and one of us will have to catch one at the front. Which job would you like?"

He did not know which he was hoping she would take. He had a feeling that she might fail if she were tasked witch catching a rabbit, that it would bolt left or right or between her legs before she had even snapped her jaws at it. However, it would be good practice either way. But he gave her the option to dig if she felt more comfortable with it. She would gain some hunting experience no matter which job she chose.

Ulrich is my happy character. I do not enjoy a lot of IC drama, such as physical altercations, or whumps, so if you are interested in RPing such things, please do not do so with Ulrich, or PM me first. I would love to thread with you, but in a stress-free way!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The world was on fire and no one could save me but you - by Ulrich - December 14, 2022, 06:12 PM