Swiftcurrent Creek This ain't nothin' new to me
177 Posts
Ooc —
It had not escaped her notice when one packmate began to become more active than usual, but she accounted the sudden change in movement to what she thought of as 'springtime madness.' Whether they were scouting out every receptive female they could find, or trying to improve their condition so they might be more attractive, it was all ridiculous. If they just looked as good as her all year 'round, they wouldn't have to go bananas like this. 

That being said, she appreciated the effect it had in creating stronger wolves with better endurance. Arric looked energized by his exercise when he came into view, and merited a simple glance and nod. Not an invitation, but he seemed keen to join her anyway. She felt something sink in the pit of her stomach when she wondered for a moment- is he trying to get fit to impress me? The thought fluttered away. He wasn't her type. 

She accepted his presence with no more acknowledgement or engagement. She couldn't discourage him from patrolling with her, nor did she feel it'd be respectful of her to tell him they'd cover more ground if he went the opposite way. It was the truth- but she knew most might take that personally. For now, she was simply hoping to secure her position in the pack, and that meant pulling some punches.
Messages In This Thread
This ain't nothin' new to me - by RIP Moss - January 18, 2023, 08:55 PM
RE: This ain't nothin' new to me - by Arric - January 26, 2023, 09:59 AM
RE: This ain't nothin' new to me - by RIP Moss - January 26, 2023, 01:31 PM
RE: This ain't nothin' new to me - by Arric - January 26, 2023, 02:04 PM
RE: This ain't nothin' new to me - by RIP Moss - January 27, 2023, 06:46 PM
RE: This ain't nothin' new to me - by Arric - January 27, 2023, 07:31 PM
RE: This ain't nothin' new to me - by RIP Moss - January 27, 2023, 10:11 PM
RE: This ain't nothin' new to me - by Arric - January 28, 2023, 10:25 AM
RE: This ain't nothin' new to me - by RIP Moss - January 30, 2023, 07:49 PM
RE: This ain't nothin' new to me - by Arric - January 30, 2023, 08:37 PM
RE: This ain't nothin' new to me - by RIP Moss - January 31, 2023, 12:41 PM