Duck Lake Everyday is the start of something new
Loner
i burn down my house and build it up again
i burn it down twice just for the fun of it
97 Posts
Ooc — Van
From the mountains descended a huntress, prowling past the edges of her birthplace to explore the changes that had spawned around it. There was little new here; the valley was much the same as it always had been, disregarding the blanket of seasonal snow, but a few packs had recently sprung up in the area, drawing her attention and repelling her all at once.

River did not feel she belonged to anyone but herself, nor did she believe her place was anywhere but in the range behind her, and yet her curiosity could not be sated. She surmised that, eventually, she would need to know those who lived nearest to her chosen domain. So far, she only knew of Mahler’s family in the hollow and the canyon-dwellers (who would disband just a few days after this was set), and in passing she was aware that there was a pack in the vale and wolves residing by the creek beneath Arrow Lake.

It was the latter wolves she would seek to acquaint herself with first, but she detoured to the body of water that had been choked with ducks the last time she had seen it. They had migrated away at this time, leaving this place fairly undisturbed except for the occasional passerby…

River stopped when she noticed the other wolf: a male with a darkened spine. She watched him for a moment – noting that he was of proper form and health – before deciding to make her approach. Making a noise to draw his attention, she came nearer at an angle, measuring her steps to a slow glide as she wagged her tail slightly to denote a tentative amicability if he should show it as well.
Messages In This Thread
Everyday is the start of something new - by Faelan - February 17, 2023, 08:35 PM
RE: Everyday is the start of something new - by River - March 10, 2023, 06:39 PM
RE: Everyday is the start of something new - by Faelan - March 13, 2023, 10:30 AM
RE: Everyday is the start of something new - by River - March 25, 2023, 01:47 AM
RE: Everyday is the start of something new - by Faelan - April 10, 2023, 04:12 PM