Ocean's Breath Plateau [m] Tell me, when the party ends, will you still love who I am?
Moontide
Healer
128 Posts
Ooc — xynien

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Suicidal ideation
Marina entertained no such thoughts of vengeance; had she heard Chakliux's thoughts she might have asked what is the point? No amount of blood could wash away these stains. Even the salt-laden lap of the waves scarcely helped.

Stained. Shattered.

Chakliux beckoned her, and numbly she gathered the broken pieces of herself, clutching them like a thin cloak to shield her from a snowstorm. While visions of murder danced behind his eyes, her own were filled with flashing images of drifting out to sea, of surrendering her sense of self to cold waters and desolation. What use did she have for a self anymore? It had failed her.

She followed in trembling silence and could not meet his eyes, nor Tullik's, nor anyone else's. They would name it sorrow, she assumed, but most of all what Marina felt now was shame. It would not have happened if she had not allowed it. If she hadn't lingered, if she could have done more than freeze in fear.

Every so often her eyes found the water again, and each time she wondered if the void of nonexistence might resemble relief.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Tell me, when the party ends, will you still love who I am? - by Marina - December 03, 2023, 03:00 PM