Hoshor Plains We picked up the shards and formed them into shapes of stars
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
Sumac closed his eyes and pressed his chin to his chest, lost in the storms of his own thoughts. This conversation had unknowingly kicked up the dust of dark recesses within his mind that he'd not even been aware were there. What did he want from life? The picture was coming into clearer focus in his mind, as if their exchange was a lens in a microscope.

"You have such faith in me, Easy, and I'm so grateful. I trust you and your judgement completely, but why can't I see what you see so clearly?" he said softly, opening his eyes and gazing out over the rippling grasses.

He was silent for a few more breaths' time, a faraway look haunting his face. His amber eyes then came back into focus.

"I guess doing the things that scare you is the only way to get fear to roll on its back," Sumac said, turning his gaze back to Easy, "I think I know what my heart wants. But I can't let fear of failure tell me how to live this life. I can only do the best I can."

A small smile wrapped itself across his maw as a look of determination came over him, and he sat a little straighter.

"You know, Easy, I carry all of Pinebreeze with me, right here," he stated, taking a paw and pressing it to the center of his chest, "And when I can't see you anymore, you'll be there, too. If I can keep going, so can they. So will you."

He savored the passing breeze. Now came the work - the work of the heart. He'd find his place, hopefully with someone who possessed the same great dedication and determination that he did; someone whose soul sang the same notes that his did when he gazed at the full moon. If he thought about it too hard, it seemed impossible and terrifying, but somehow 'Mac knew everything would work out in the end, and that he'd be all the richer for it.
…Even in the darkest night
Messages In This Thread
RE: We picked up the shards and formed them into shapes of stars - by Sumac - January 31, 2024, 09:06 AM