Ocean's Breath Plateau Living hard cause dying's too easy
Hushed Willows
Singer
149 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Tybault nodded, eased somewhat by the soft familiarity in Senmut's eyes. Then came the question he'd been dreading: what would Hearthwood give? Reina had been no help on the subject, and Tybault could only see one option beyond the establishment of trade. Something far more permanent. Reverie would either thank him or kill him. Possibly both.

We can offer resources from the mountains, herbs and furs and such. Shelter and healing to any of your members who pass through in need, He hesitated only a moment before adding, And a marriage to tie the packs together. To myself, or Reverie. My sister already has children to raise, but I don't. Fuck me, he thought, already feeling foolish.

In exchange, Hearthwood wants the same. Resources we can't find in our territory, and shelter for anyone who needs it, And obviously a sacrifice to this proposed political marriage. Tybault couldn't quite believe he'd volunteered himself. He didn't really think this would fall to Reverie; he'd made the dual offer only to avoid insulting Senmut or Akashingo one way or another, but surely whoever entered such a marriage would want children of their own. He couldn't volunteer Everett, who would definitely kill him. But it seemed appropriate to include at least one of their leaders.

He wasn't entirely unfamiliar with these arrangements. In The Gilded Sea it had been expected, almost, that when the time came they would marry for strength rather than love. For power. Of course, none of them had ever gotten that far. And now he had seen Reverie marry twice for love, both times failed. Tybault didn't think much of marriage as a whole — but it was a means to an end. One he hoped would appeal to Senmut.
Experimenting with my writing; style may vary a bit!
Messages In This Thread
Living hard cause dying's too easy - by Tybault - March 06, 2024, 02:25 PM
RE: Living hard cause dying's too easy - by Senmut - March 06, 2024, 02:47 PM
RE: Living hard cause dying's too easy - by Tybault - March 06, 2024, 02:57 PM
RE: Living hard cause dying's too easy - by Senmut - March 06, 2024, 03:12 PM
RE: Living hard cause dying's too easy - by Tybault - March 06, 2024, 03:27 PM
RE: Living hard cause dying's too easy - by Senmut - March 06, 2024, 03:41 PM
RE: Living hard cause dying's too easy - by Tybault - March 06, 2024, 05:52 PM
RE: Living hard cause dying's too easy - by Senmut - March 06, 2024, 06:13 PM