I desire the things that will destroy me in the end {J}
rhadamanthine amaroidal absinthal i am because the paper exhales and I have life i examine the fine lines and the cuts in between my heart i see the jagged edges that my kind has engraved in me
4 Posts
Ooc — ClaudyMaudy
@Caiaphas

The snow was light on the ground, the soft light of the grey dawn permeating the air with a frisson of heat but to the cold frozen ground of the valley, it tried but to no avail. The ground was frozen from the depths of the winter- and what a winter it was. The snow had fallen thick since she had entered this place, her soul a desolate wasteland of grief and sorrow and sheer frustration. And yet the spring had come again, as the beauty of nature once again dominated over the elements.

And here it led here, to a winter valley full of the new scents of a pack. The air was thick with the scents, long ago placed, perhaps a handful of moons ago. Malia couldn't remember the last time she'd felt the primal urge of a pack territory. It was an urge, common in most any-wolf but of course, some stuck to themselves. The instinct to belong to and be surrounded by both pack and family.

She bordered on the edge of a life both achingly familiar and excruciatingly painful in her memories, a concept of a pack of strangers to welcome her and a family to call her own. It was a foolish thing, to expect a stranger to accept her so readily but many packs needed as many wolves as possible. The winter was harsh after all and prey on the short side of existence. There were hungry mouths to feed but so little to feed them with and any smart alpha needed all the hunters they could get. Malia assumed she'd be accepted for the winter but who knew what spring would bring? It was a season of life and renewal, perhaps they would chase off the helpers of the winter.

Perhaps she would leave after the season was over, with no attachment to his former pack and no pain. There would be no heartfelt farewells, for none would know her enough to miss him, just as she preferred it. Or so she hoped. Sniffing the ground, she brought her head up further to the apex of the sky, letting a howl ripple from her throat and echo loudly across the convex valley. She made herself comfortable as she waited, knowing her call would be heard and responded to by an Alpha. That was, if the pack was well organised. If not, she'd be in for a long wait. She set her emerald gaze on the horizon and waited for the inevitable meeting with a potentially hostile pack.

She just hoped the polite gesture of a request to see the alpha or a beta would at least secure her safe passage.
Messages In This Thread
I desire the things that will destroy me in the end {J} - by Malia - March 10, 2015, 08:31 AM