Northstar Vale J'etais votre idole
Pledged
Montagne de Ciguë
76 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Pack Formation 
The slender man returned precisely when he'd intended to- when shadows melted into the blue hour after stretching toward the horizon. The peaks surrounding the vale were tipped with gold yet- the last remnants of the day's sunlight, yet to lift and fade from view. The days were becoming shorter and shorter; soon the night sky would be long, dark, and full of stars. 

He carried with him a bulging pouch made of kelp, that had since dried into a suitable vessel. The only supple part remained within his mouth, gripped carefully by gentle teeth, tongued to sap the seaweed of the last of its salty flavour. From within came the scent of herbs and brine; a sprig of sea lavender hung out the side, clutching the last of its tiny, purple flowers. There was a gentle clanking from within the pouch- treasures that jostled quietly as he moved. He made his step as even as possible, to avoid causing any harm to the items he'd gathered. 

His pearl could not be found; he would do what he could to forget it. Greedily, he had fished for oysters, cracking them open and eating their flesh, until he found two pearls- both white and unremarkable to a wolf who had once possessed one of such a deep, oil-slick hue, but he knew they would be of value to someone who had not yet possessed one. 

He arrived at the borders, pausing there to gently set his bundle at his feet and call for @Viskani, who he assumed had been awaiting his return.
Pledged
Montagne de Ciguë
83 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
Hearing his call from where she had been resting Viskani soon made her way to the borders, a casual air in her stride. She was glad to see Tousaint return, nodding to him in greeting. "You've returned sooner than I thought!" She called out to the boy.

"How were your travels?" She asked with a smile. Admittedly Viskani had not fully expected him to return, leaving her quite pleased now that he had. This was showing quite clearly in her much friendlier reaction to him compared to their first meeting.
Pledged
Montagne de Ciguë
76 Posts
Ooc — Jess
When she came to greet him, she seemed in good spirits. His absence had not perturbed her, it seemed- and he had made himself be punctual so he might continue to earn her favour though it irked him some to be so voluntarily pliable. It would suit him, in the long run- so long as she did not turn out to be one who gave less in return than what she received.

I like to surpass expectations, He admitted with a casual roll of his shoulder. He liked to please, effortlessly. He’d wisely set his return so he would not risk disappointing her.

I ‘ad a good visit, yes. My family grows strong, an’ dey were ‘appy to receive news of deir sister pack, from where I come. Sapphique and Eresta both flourished- indications he hoped would point to his family’s success, and how easily it could have been inherited.

An’ ‘ow is de Montagne? ‘Ave any more come to join? He asked, curious to see if Viskani’s empire had grown beyond its own blood.
Pledged
Montagne de Ciguë
83 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
"Not just yet, but our progress has been strong." She responded, brushing the topic off. "I've finished digging out dens in the smaller corner of the vale, and our markings have grown much stronger."

She turned her attention to the pouch he carried, allowing her curiosity to get the best of her. "What have you brought with you?" She asked, leaning slightly to sniff at the seaweed. Living high up in mountains for her whole life, such things were a mystery to her.
Pledged
Montagne de Ciguë
76 Posts
Ooc — Jess
His features remained pleasant, though a slight lift in his brow showed some disappointment. He wondered if it was the area’s seclusion that left it more often missed than noticed by travellers- or if Viskani and her son had simply done nothing but carve their dwellings into the earth and urinate along the borders. 

I see, He said, sounding lightly critical of what she considered to be progress. Why two wolves would take pride in making dens and not in collecting followers was beyond him. 

She expressed an interest in his pouch of seaside goodies- he lifted a paw and pulled it closer to him. He was not daft enough to bring anything worth his own bloodshed, but he did wish to keep the valuables to himself nonetheless. He gave her a thin smile.

Some medicines, some thiny t’ings, a sprig of sea lavender, He commented with a light shrug. Comforts, He said, his smile more sincere now, expressing his fondness for the items he had gathered. It faded not long after. 

I am surprised dere be not more ‘ere, He did not intend to be a thorn in her side- but he felt certain he ought determine the benefit of joining what seemed to be little more than a dream. ’Ave dere been few to come t’rough dis way? He asked.
Pledged
Montagne de Ciguë
83 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
The mention of medicines did peak her interest; did he know the uses of herbs, she wondered? For now she would hold on to her questions.

"No, not many have passed through. I can't be upset about such a thing, though." She responded, her gaze flicking to the mountain walls surrounding them. "I plan to venture out in search of lone wolves in the coming days."

She could use a break from the vale - searching for new members was a good excuse to get out.
Pledged
Montagne de Ciguë
76 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Tousaint could see the benefit of living in a place that did not often have vagrants passing by. It would mean less trouble, less undesirables to reject, and less work along the borders if they were hidden away. He likened the Vale to a gem well-hidden but believed that like all treasures, they could be easily stolen.

What is it you look for in a wolf when you go to recruit? He asked. In your absence, dere may be some ‘oo come ‘ere…Given dat it will just be myself an….? He paused, so he might learn her son’s name. …’ere, I would want to know what sort of…character you would seek…An’ what strengt’s you look for. He said, implying as well that he was keen to know what would be considered undesirable.
Pledged
Montagne de Ciguë
83 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
She clicked her tongue. There was a correct answer, one that the mother pack had drilled into her brain - however she understood that she would need to word it carefully to this wolf had not been raised in her homeland. "We do not take in those in poor health, or who are lacking abilities necessary to grow strong."

"We cannot afford to take in such wolves right now." She frowned, eyes moving to look away. "If they were a mother with children or had knowledge of herbal treatments, an exception may be made."
Pledged
Montagne de Ciguë
76 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Able-bodied and healthy- he assumed she meant they shouldn’t take in weak or injured wolves which he thought might be in indication she lacked empathy…Pregnant women got a pass, however; odd, he thought- considering that she had come from a background where lineage seemed paramount, but poking holes in her logic wasn’t a way to earn himself a good reputation.

Hearty an’ healt’y, den, He said. He had to wonder if she was keen on building herself an army with these wolves, considering that strength seemed to be such an asset. She seemed to have made an exception for him- a fine-featured, slim creature, but wily nonetheless. Perhaps he filled the one slot she had the pity to give to him. 

He looked down at the sprig of sea lavender; it would need to be planted soon. Well; I will get settled, if it be all de same to you, an’ den familiarize myself wid your borders. He hoped, too, to acquaint himself with her still nameless son.
Pledged
Montagne de Ciguë
83 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
She gave a nod, swaying her tail. "If there is anyone you take a particular liking to that doesn't fit that standard, I will evaluate them upon my return." An odd statement, but clearly an order nonetheless.

"If you're interested, Chesley went to do some scouting today; he won't be far if you would like to join him. I have told him about you, so he shouldn't be alarmed."

With that she seemed to be satisfied ending the conversating, continuing the opposite way of the other.
Pledged
Montagne de Ciguë
76 Posts
Ooc — Jess
It seemed he would be given enough authority to accept a wolf but keep them on probation for her to accept later. He’d make sure, then, to be mindful- to accept only wolves he thought she might choose herself…One with strength, and genetic assets.

Chelsey. He finally had a name, and was surprised to find that he was keeping himself busy. He’d imagined a spoiled brat, clinging to his mother’s coat tail. 

I will do so, once I ‘ave settled. T’ank you, Voiced the young man, who then picked up his parcel and made ready to find his own den.