Redtail Rise I'm with you
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
As day began to melt away into dusk, Saena discovered a hidden gem in the form of a small waterfall on Redtail Rise's western face.

She'd been following one of the larger streams, interested to know where they went, when she reached a sheer cliff. The stream ran right off it to collect in a pool at the bottom. Never one to be defeated by an obstacle and curious as always, the naturalist picked her way precariously down to the bottom, and there she was met with a beautiful sight indeed.

The pool at the base of the narrow waterfall was shallow and fed another stream which ran off toward the sea. Moss clung to the slick rocks bordering the falls, while ferns burst out of the surrounding soil in all directions. The cliff face was carved into a bow behind the waterfall, forming a natural cavern with a wide mouth. Though the dog days of summer made the ridge hot, the spray coming off the steep column of water was refreshing.

Saena, excited with this find and equally excited about the direction of her life lately, wasted no time splashing into the pool and prancing below the waterfall. The stream above was still just a stream, so the water wasn't overly heavy as it hit her back and soaked her to the bone. Her short tail whipped back and forth as she frolicked in the water, letting go for a moment and allowing the sheer joy of recent developments—minus the part about messing with a man with a mate, because that shit was too heavy to think about (the mate bit, anyway)—to explode out of her in a cheery whoop.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Making some assumptions about what's going to happen in Reek and Wynter's break-up thread, but I wanted to get this on the threadlog tonight!

After their rendezvous in The Emberwood, Saena had taken up permanent residence in Reek's mind.  Nearly every waking moment (and even non-waking) was occupied by daydreams and reruns of the events that had transpired.  The sounds she made, how she made him feel, and the thrumming of her heart under him played like a scratched record that Reek would never repair. It was impossible to shake, but it wasn't like he wanted to shake those thoughts away anyway.

He severed the remaining ties to mateship he had with Wynter so he could pursue Saena freely and without guilt.  And pursue he did.  His first act as a free man had been to follow her scent and tell her the news.  It was a liberating feeling that he could now act on his desires without scorn; a part of him felt as if it should have been sad for leaving Wynter behind, but sadly that wasn't the case.  This was a new chapter of his life, opened up by the crumbling foundation of his old mateship, and Reek was excited to dive into the unknown uninhibited.

Reek followed her scent westward, parallel to a stream he had yet to traverse and was eventually met with the happy whoops of the girl he seeked.  He quickened his pace until he reached a small, but tranquil waterfall and settled to his haunches on high ground to watch Saena jump around in delight before shouting down, "Hey you.  Having fun?" with a gleeful grin.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
I never noticed their birthdays were the same. >> It's meant to be! Oh, don't feel pressured to reply as quickly. I'm just bursting with inspiration, haha.

The alpha female hadn't frolicked like this in... well, probably close to a year. She'd been a puppy who'd just found a spring and thought splashing in it was the coolest thing ever. It felt like ages had gone by since then, but she was keenly aware of the fact she was still only a yearling, especially right now. Her playful nature, while suppressed, was still very much intact and now the waterfall was witnessing it.

The waterfall and someone else, that is. The crash of water on water nearly drowned out Reek's voice, but luckily for him, his young lover had just moved her head out of the stream. Her ears swiveled first, then her neck, until finally she located him well above the water. She panted, twisted through the waterfall one last time, and then raced toward him with every intention of shaking every last drop of water all over him. That, or she would chase him into the water himself to enjoy it with her. Either way, she was in the mood to make sure he was as soaked as she was.

So what if he still technically had a mate? Fuck her. Besides, if anyone caught them, Saena could pass it off as friendship. It's not like she was going to jump his bones right here... right?
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
It's a sign! No worries though, I'm totally brimming with Reek/Saena muse right now, so I'll probably be pretty quick on the replies!

As to be expected, Saena rushed at Reek with the full intention of getting him as soaked as she was.  However, he was already (figuratively) miles ahead of her in his own intent.  He watched as she bounded up the face of the waterfall with a sappy grin and waiving tail as he waited for the perfect chance to jump into the cool water below. Just as she reached a point to which she could reach out and touch him, Reek jumped off the rocky crag with limbs spread wide, smacking the water with a resounding bellyflop.

The sting of the landing was far overshadowed by the satisfaction of a successful tease.  He surfaced from the pond like a breaching whale and spit a steady stream of murky water from his mouth as he flopped about. Reek slowly opened his eyes that had been clamped shut since the impact and his fuzzy vision found focus on the natural cavern that sat back under the cover of the waterfall.  "Wow,"  he muttered breathlessly over the crash of the water cascading around him.  He needed a new place to live anyway, and what beats waterfront property?

"Saena! Jump in!" he shouted enthusiastically as he began to swim through the waterfall and into the natural shelter that it provided.  "Check this out!  I need a new place to live," he continued suggestively, hoping she would pick up the clue that he was moving out of his den atop the ridge; but most importantly he wanted her to know that he and Wynter were no more.  "—And I think I may have found the perfect place!"
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Phone post time, please excuse any dumb typos that I miss!

Her plan was going to be a success! Reek hadn't moved from his perch and she was fast approaching him. Just as she reached his side and planted her feet to shake all over him, he flung himself off the side of the cliff. Saena, who had been frolicking in the shallower parts of the pool without realizing it went much deeper further in, sucked in a horrified breath. She might've screamed, but her throat was closed.

Rather than hitting the bottom of the pool with a sickening thud, as she expected, Reek hit the water and sunk in. The alpha female let her breath out in a slow whistle, willing her heart to stop its terrified hammering. She was barely composed when he called for her to jump herself.

Her heart jumped frightfully as she peered down the waterfall's rushing edges, and suddenly she didn't feel so bold. She wanted to jump and prove she was just as adventurous as he was, but apparently she was afraid of heights, or at least falling from them, so she shook her head and descended down the slope instead. She did feel a little disappointed and disappointing to her lover, but it was something she wasn't about to overcome right now.

She splashed into the water from a much lesser height and was shocked when her head went under. The bottom wasn't within reach. Paddling hard, the alpha female surfaced and got her first good lpok at the cavern, which was indeed magnificent. Reek was making a beeline for it, so she followed him, and nipped at his backside as she pulled herself from the water to stand behind the falls.

It wasn't a very deep cavern, but it was spacious and private in a way. "It's beautiful," she gasped, though as she pressed her damp flank to his, she wondered of the thundering water would bother him. "Fit for a king," she went on, "and speaking of which, you'd make a pretty good one." Let's see what he makes of that, thought Saena with a smirk.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Swimming closer and closer to his new claim, he waited with excited anticipation to feel the wake of Saena's splash behind him.  But other than the rush of the waterfall, the pool remained still... that is, until he felt a weak splash behind him from Saena entering the water from a considerably lower height; not that he minded that she took the easy way out. As long as she was there with him, that sort of thing didn't matter.  

He pulled himself through the falling water with Saena nipping at his heel in hot pursuit, and onto the damp, rocky surface of the cavern in a tired slump. The work it took to get there was well worth it, the view was breathtaking.  In comparison to his old hole in the ridge, it was so much larger; more than enough room for him... and Saena, if that's what she would choose. It was private and secluded, the waterfall would be their own little oasis to share.  He spread out beside one of the rocky walls and laid down invitingly, hoping that Saena would take her place beside him.  

He was quite happy that she shared the same sentiment about their his new home, giving him more confidence to ask her if she would accompany him there... permanently. "A king, eh?  I like the sound of that... All regal and stuff," he thought aloud with a playful expression.  "But, only if you'll be the Queen to my King and rule from this castle with me."  
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
The curtain of water falling across the opening of the cavern was as good as having a narrow entryway, Saena thought. There was privacy either way. Reek seemed pleased with his new choice of home as he sprawled out against one of the walls, where it was surprisingly dry despite the spray drifting off the falls. Saena stood there a while, drinking it in, but soon enough her touchy-feely side overwhelmed her and she padded to Reek's side, where she lay down against him.

Here in the comfort of his embrace, the alpha could forget the past tragedies the pack had endured. Though she wouldn't have dreamed of being this bold with Reek a week ago, having sex with someone did change a lot of things, even if it was unexpected, inexperienced and rather frantic sex. Their relationship was light-hearted as always, but also charged in a new way that made her want to be near him all the time.

He seemed to feel the same, for he proposed that she be the queen of this castle with him. She grinned girlishly and her tail twitched gleefully of its own accord. It didn't make them mates—no doubt that would become official eventually, if screwing another wolf wasn't quite official enough, though Saena knew they would both need time to ensure they really were meant to be together—but it was the first step toward them sharing their lives. She couldn't think of anyone better to do it with than him, and though she didn't keep a den presently, she could definitely get used to it.

"I'm already a queen," she joked, twisting her head back to unabashedly press her tongue to his muzzle, just to swipe it goofily across his nose. "but I can manage two castles, since I'm such a boss. Does that mean Wynter and you are...?" She trailed off here, knowing he would understand.

"I mean it though. I've been meaning to ask if you wanted to be an alpha with me for a while, since you deserve it most," she admitted, "but it'd be even more fitting now. Alphas should only share genitals with one another and all that." Here she stuck her tongue out at him teasingly. Even if he was an omega, which he certainly wasn't Saena would happily continue exploring her sexuality with him (there she goes thinking bad things again). She was pretty damn hooked on Reek and his rockin' package anyway.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Saena soon found Reek's side after taking a bit of time to take in the atmosphere of Reek's— No, their new home.  While she spent her time inspecting the property, Reek was sold from first sight just from the sheer novelty of it.  Who the hell else lives in a waterfall? Shit's tight yo. Luckily wolves had no concept of money, because Reek sure as hell wouldn't have been able to afford something so cool.

She laid down beside him and Reek wrapped his forelegs legs around her waist and pulled her in close, face to face.  He grinned as she stated the obvious about her status and swiped he tongue across his muzzle.  Sure, she was still Queen of the rise... but the quip was meant to be sweet.  "Shhhh," he jokingly hushed. "I know that, but let me have this moment, okay?"  Reek buried his face in base of her neck and playfully nipped and teased her fur with his teeth.

"Done-zo," he quipped with a mouth full of fur as he finished off her sentence about his nonexistent relationship with Wynter.  She had made her bed, and Reek was more than happy to move forward... especially if Saena was in that direction.  

But when she brought up becoming the alpha male of the Rise, Reek stopped his playful ministrations and his jaw dropped in surprise and excitement.  Never in all his life did he think he would ever become the patriarch of a pack.  "I, uh— I thought you were being metaphorical," he stuttered.  "But you know, if only Alphas can do the do with other Alphas, then I better accept! Because I'm sure as hell not giving that up." Once he had his taste, he definitely wanted more.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
She giggled when he shushed her, and considered telling him that he couldn't tell her what to do, but then he confirmed that he and Wynter were over. Saena felt two things upon hearing that. First was a rush of relief, because it meant what they were doing was no longer forbidden or frowned upon, though the pack surely hadn't heard the news just yet. Second was a crushing weight of guilt in her stomach for having widened the rift between them, but she was quick to shoo that away. It was Wynter's fault, she adamantly reminded herself, no hers.

Reek began nibbling at her collar and she rumbled appreciatively in her throat. She was just leaning her head back to give him better access and closing her eyes to enjoy it when he stopped. "Nooooo," she whined quietly, as she tried to coax him to continue his playful grooming by nudging closer. But then he stuttered and she blinked at him, and then burst out laughing.

"Do the do?" she asked, snorting mirthfully. "Oh my god, that sounds weird." Neither of them was necessarily crude enough to say it any other way, though, not without joking about it. Maybe one day they would use simpler words... after they'd got the action itself out of their system, which was sure to take a while given how damn good it was. "I'm serious! I mean, you don't have to," she hastily assured him, "I was just joking about the private parts. If you don't want to, you don't need to accept it. But if you do, well... I'd love to lead beside you for real. It suits us, together."
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
His word-choice had sent Saena into a fit of riotous laughter with proved to be very contagious.  Reek found himself heaving and wheezing along with his lover to the tune of good natured fun.  "Yeah— you know, like, the sex,"  he quipped between wheezes with a suggestive nudge to her neck.  But after their fit was over, Reek was back to business... they could get back to their fun later (wink wink; nudge nudge).

Together, was the word that stuck out in Reek's mind.  The Rise would be theirs together; just the idea of it was surreal.  "I want to," he confirmed with gusto. "— and not just because of the sex," he quickly added... even though that was a rather large part (even though she said it didn't matter).  But, working together would give them a prime opportunity to become closer to each other.

"But, enough about that," said Reek as he resumed the preening and primping on Saena's neck. "Now fun shtuff," he whispered through her fur.  "—Shpeaking of the shex, whadda'ya shay we conshummate thish here decishion... right here; right now."
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
We can fade out with them getting ready to do the deed, but I wanted Saena to do this first 'cause she's sort of dumb. >_>

The sex would prove to be a good motivating factor for both wolves, since Saena was effectively addicted after one taste and Reek was similarly willing. There wouldn't be enough of it, not for a while. Still, she arched a brow and chided, "you sure it's not just the do?" while aiming a teasing nip at the side of his snout. She missed.

Reek's muzzle found her neck and she murmured quietly once more, again leaning back so he could access it fully. But his preening was a little different this time. She recognized it. His touches mirrored her own that day in the Emberwood. They were goading, not just for relaxation purposes. He confirmed this by proposing through her fur that they christen their new home with their bodies. Saena rumbled in her throat, unable to speak beyond the lump forming there out of her anticipation, and was quickly on her feet.

Assuming Reek followed to his, however, the alpha female would move too quickly for him to lock her in place and get the show on the road. Instead she swept around him and, before he could react, she reared and latched her legs around his own waist. She pulled him snug into her embrace, standing over him just like he'd stood over her... because, of course, Saena never had the sex talk with her completely absent parents. She didn't entirely understand that it didn't work both ways. If he could do it, so could she, right? They were both wolves, right?

"I'm gonna rock your world," she whispered against his back. She tried to do exactly what he'd done in the woods—something about rocking his pelvis forward, which he was obviously way better at, because she was clumsier than a baby deer trying to drive this train wreck—but even when she got a few terrible thrusts in, nothing happened. At length she slipped her forearms free and fell back to earth, and in a tiny and embarrassed voice, she asked, "it uh... it doesn't work both ways, huh?" She'd probably killed the mood, what with feminizing Reek in their respective roles. She could only hope he'd find her total incompetence funny and not completely disturbing.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
I think I just died from laughter... xD.  I guess we can fade with this post, or you can sneak one more in before we finish it up!

Saena quickly found her feet and Reek followed in a flash to get the show on the road.  After their little tryst in the Emberwood, Reek couldn't get enough of his youthful lover; he practically jumped at the chance to jump her bones. But before he could make his rounds and take her the way he had outside of the territory, she had landed on top of him and she wrapped him up with her forelegs.

Did she just?

The fuck?

Despite his relative inexperience, Reek was, like, 98% sure this wasn't the way sex was done.  His pupils dilated in surprise as he slumped under her weight.  Was this supposed to be a farce?  The two were a couple of jokesters, so Reek assumed the display was all one big gag, accentuated with an exaggerated, 'I'm going to rock you're world.'   The only thing that was rocked was Reek's spasaming diaphragm from the heavy bout of laughter that ensued.  "Um, Saena," he wheezed.  "I, uh— you tried... gold star."  

As she slunk off, it became obvious that it wasn't a farce after all.  She had actually been trying to do the do... Which in it's own right made things even funnier.  "How 'bout we do things the right way," he said, shaking the laughter and moving intimately down her body before wrapping his forelegs around her as he had in the Emberwood.  "Now, about rocking my world?"  But, he already knew the answer... She totally would.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saena's very first instinct when Reek laughed at her was to feel indignant. Indeed, she was about two seconds from snapping at him to defend herself, but when she opened her mouth to retaliate, it was a laugh that bubbled up instead. Soon enough she was laughing so hard that she had to sink to her rump on the damp floor of the cavern, but between spurts of laughter she wheezed out, "I hate you," in as kind a way as those words could sound.

He bid her to rise again when he touched her, offering to do things right this time. Evidently, he had something she didn't, which she would later confirm with an equally embarrassing inspection... but that would come later. He grappled her into his arms, holding her tight—she couldn't escape even if she wanted to, which she didn't—and when he murmured her phrase back at her, the alpha female wiggled under him and taunted, "whatcha waiting for, Christmas?"

That was all the encouragement either of them needed to celebrate their new home below the curtain of a waterfall, where none could easily see or hear them.