Phoenix Maplewood storm surge
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
No sooner had Whittier gotten comfortable and begun to doze that he was suddenly being pushed back onto his paws again. He grumbled noisily at his Aunt - his evil, mutinous, wicked aunt who would only be considered those things for the next few seconds - but in the end, he was moving steadily alongside of his siblings. As tired and lazy as the chubby pup was, he did deeply love his family, and so he followed them even when he was beside himself with exhaustion for the only thing worse than being so weary would be to be without them.
you can't wake up, this is not a dream
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Poked by Tryphon, the girl obediently and sleepily raised herself to her paws. She stumbled in to him, leaning against his limb as they were herded elsewhere for rest. She could scarce keep her eyes open, and allowing a yawn to escape her, Allure would stumble after the small group of wolves and to a place of promised rest.

Once settled, the bi-toned pup would wedge her way completely inbetween her brothers, seeking their warmth and comfort like she had done during her days as a newborn – her exhaustion and upset had rendered her completely useless otherwise. Within moments, snores were escaping her, followed by a few whimpers.
Are you deranged like me? Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
His gaze drifted back to the area they had traveled from. Smoke could be seen in the distance, and while he had thought it to belong to Nova Peak, it was possible that it also billowed from Redtail Rise as well – both homes lost to the wrath of nature.

Saena pulled him from his trance with her gentle words. They opened their home to the exhausted family, and it was a sign of kindness that Scimitar knew he would not forgive, and would certainly repay when the time came. “Thank you,” he murmured, unable to find himself willing to say much more. Dropping his muzzle down to nudge the rump-end of one of his children as they were once more corralled, his worried eyes swept over to Kaskara, not once considering what her thoughts might be.. and yet, had it been suggested in that moment, he might very well have accepted it.

She rallied the puppies, and gingerly, the male pressed forward to nose his mate in the cheek, ushering her with the group as well. She was silent – zombie-like, and he would make sure she got rest before they continued their arduous journey.
he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Wrapping up! This'll be my last post, this thread can stay up 'til everyone gets a chance to get theirs in!

Scimitar's murmured thanks signalled the time to leave and prompted a solemn nod from the aspiring maplewood alpha female. She grinned at the pups, even the black-backed one she'd tried to scare, and turned on her heels when Reek bid them to follow. She knew a perfect place, probably the only place she'd had an opportunity to explore yet, so she made a beeline for the deepest reaches of their forest home.

Here there was a glade of shadows, guarded on all sides by high trees and deep ground foliage. The worn members of Nova Peak would be safe and comfortable there until they were ready to move on. That they might stay never crossed Saena's mind; this was a temporary arrangement and that was all it would ever be if no one said otherwise. Once they reached the shadowy glade and Reek and Saena ensured that their allies were happy with the accommodations, she would head off to hunt earnestly for the rest of the day, both to supply the weary Novan adults and to replenish the caches that were almost surely going to go into the mouths of the puppies.