Lost Creek Hollow Meet n' Greet
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Ilya

The fae was unsure of what to do or where to go or how to begin pack life, and she preferred not to cling to the alpha. For one, it'd probably be annoying, and two it'd probably seem weak. She spent the night on her own and when she woke in the morning she immediately sought out the rest of the pack. She wasn't sure if she would approach someone, or if someone would approach her, but she had spent all morning putting together scenarios and conversations that she might have with others. 

It wasn't hard to find the packs 'camp', or at least where most of the wolves would spend their time. Mordecai had left her nearby and even if she couldn't remember how to get back, the scents were thick. She made her way in the general direction and when she arrived she sat down, nibbling at some gumballs stuck in her long black fur. She had a habit of cleaning it, it grew so quickly and was so long it was easy for it to get tangled and matted, and she hated that. She didn't lick it, obviously, that was something cats did, but she secretly wished there was some body of water for her to go to and wash out any knots. Her coat was clean and glossy right now though, and the only appearance issue was her malnourished frame which was already becoming healthier as she ate an actual meal the previous day.

Patiently, she waited for someone to walk into or through camp so she could greet them.
749 Posts
Ooc — Kris
The blue-nosed wolf had heard that another female had joined them. That morning, he caught a few fish to add to their cache, keeping one aside, and then made it his mission to find this wolf and welcome her to the pack with breakfast. It did not take long; she was lingering at the core of the territory where the pack often mingled and passed through, and so when he spotted her grooming herself he strided over, tail waving in the air.

"Howfy!" he mumbled around the fish he carried. His silver eyes were quick to note the state of her musculature, made gaunt by prolonged hunger. He laid the fish down. "Howdy. I'm Luke! Thought I'd welcome you to the pack with a bite to eat, but I'm thinking I should have brought more," he teased with a wink.
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Ilya
Right away Ilya noticed the male walk through and although he seemed a little more laid back than the alpha, he held himself up straighter than perhaps a wolf of her own status. When she saw him coming, she dipped her head immediately out of respect. She felt a warmness spread over her when he spoke his kindness felt genuine and was something she'd longed for quite some time. She smiled at him when he commented on her frame, embarrassed she looked at her paws before she spoke. 

"Thank you," She responded, her blue eyes slowly looking back up at him but not directly into his as she'd known how it'd made Mordecai angry the day before. She continued smiling, even though what he'd said didn't quite make her want to smile, it was only the friendliness that she'd missed that made her glow. "I'll put on some weight soon, and even so we'll all look like this by Winter anyway," She responded, half playfully, half seriously. She knew how hard Winter was, even in a pack. Prey was scarce and hard to find. "My name is Ilya, it is a pleasure to meet you,"
749 Posts
Ooc — Kris
She dipped her head, and he took note of how she avoided his gaze. It was proper, respectful business, but nothing he cared much for. "You can relax," he invited with a soft tone, his friendly smiling offering reassurance and a bit of an apology, for he was aware that perhaps he had offended her with his comment. "I meant no insult," he said. "You like just great the way you are," he winked, and though he joked around there was sincerity to his compliment. "You just look like you might be a bit hungry, and as I am a gamekeeper it's my duty to see that you are fed." He glanced down to the fish, and the raised his gaze back to her with a waggle of his brows.
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Ilya
"Gamekeeper," The black fae repeated. She smiled, flattered and flustered, and looked up at him with crystal blue eyes. "Thank you," she murmured, and although she was referring the fish, it could have very easily been in response to his compliment. "I suppose I have been a bit hungry recently- would you care for any?" She asked, dipping her head down to the fish. "I don't mind sharing, and if we're both still hungry I would gladly head out on a hunt," she added, shifting positions and beginning to lower herself into the dusty earth. She ignore the dust that began to line coat her underbelly, the ground was far more comfortable and she was hoping this casualness would keep the male here. He was the only male she had met and she sincerely enjoyed his company, secretly hoping to become better friends with the brute.

"If you don't mind me asking," She began curiously when she had settled comfortable, "How long have you lived here? With the pack, I mean," 
749 Posts
Ooc — Kris
She offered to share and he shook his head politely. "Nah, I'm good. Please eat as much as you like and if that don't fill you I'll join you on a hunt!" She settled down to eat, and he settled down to simply relax in her company. She had no worries about him running off too soon, for the blue-nosed wolf was inclined to be around others as much as he could be, and just as inclined to meet with new folks.

She had a question, and he flicked an ear forward attentively. He could not help but chuckle at what the question was. "Oh, no more than a moon," he said. "Same as a handful of us." He paused, knowing that statement was likely to bring a look of confusion, but he did not wait long before he clarified. "You see, the pack itself is only a moon old. It was just founded, and I am one of the founding members."
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
(Omg it didn't even let me know you responded ): Sorry for such a late response. I love Luke though! He's so goofy and sweet. Those are my favorite characters!)

Ilya
"Either way," the black she-wolf responded, "I wouldn't mind hunting. I haven't in a while and it'd be good to get to know the territory," She offered in a soft, thoughtful voice. Her tail thumped softly against the earth, contentment and glee displayed in all of her actions. She took a bite of the fish as she listened to him speak, tilting her head to one side and watching him curiously as he spoke. 

"Oooh..." She murmured, staring down for a moment as thoughts circled through her mind. "That's wonderful," she then said, and looked up at him with a genuine smile. "You must be proud of that, yeah?" 
749 Posts
Ooc — Kris
lol not late at all! this is not a chat rp so it's not uncommon for replies to take a few days or more. I've been a bit busy so mine are taking a few days! :)

"Well we can definitely have ourselves a hunt," he winked. Whether it was that day or another did not matter to him. He was a free spirit and as such was open to just about anything the day cared to throw at him.

She asked if he was proud, and he nodded his head. "I am," he affirmed. "I think we have the start of something good here, and something that will stand the test of time. So indeed, I am rather proud to be one of the few here from the beginning. I look forward to watching it grow and seeing where it leads us." His grinned, and his tail drummed the earth with an echo of his happy sentiment. His mind was suddenly invaded with wonder: would the alphas have pups? Who else would join them? Who would not stay?

On that note, he could not help but toss her a question. "Think you'll be sticking around for a while?"
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Ilya
Ilya smiled and looked down, a wave of jealously falling over her. She meant nothing of it, she just wished she'd felt that sense of pride that this brute felt over... Well, over anything. "That is wonderful," she murmured softly, looking back up at him. "I hope this place sticks around, it's gorgeous here and seems quite well-run," She winked at him, hoping he'd understand her playful compliment.

When he asked if she'd be staying, she quieted a felt herself fall into a deep thought. She opened her mouth a few times to speak but wasn't sure how exactly she would get out what she wanted to. Finally, she managed to string some words together without letting her past stray from her own mind; after all, it was the past. 

"I want to say yes," She began, pausing for a few moments again. "But there are some things I can't avoid. I have yet to find those things here, and if they stay away, then I won't go looking for them," She smiled, letting out a sigh to calm stressed thoughts. "I do love it here already. The territory is beautiful and, once again, it's well-run. I see no reason I should leave," She looked back up at him and tilted her head shyly. "Besides, I kind of want to see it grow myself."
749 Posts
Ooc — Kris
She considered his question, and he was patient. Nothing about his warm and attentive expression or his relaxed posture demanded an immediate answer nor suggested there was only one correct answer for her to give him, as was often the case. With many wolf packs, to say you were unsure of your long term status in a pack was to invoke the ire of its leadership and followers, and quite possibly to beckon expulsion. The hollow was different. It's leadership understood the need to find one's place.

"I hope to see you stick around," he smiled. "But if you find this is not your place, all we ask is that you let us know before you head out. Without that, we'd be left to wonder if something terrible had happened to our packmate." He had a soft heart, but perhaps even more so than him was Harlyn, who founded this pack with the notion that she would protect her wolves. "I am curious though," he tilted his head. "What are you hoping to avoid?"
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
[ Just to clarify! I still need to touch up her history, but she was held hostage in a pack of like 12 give or take and she was one of 3 females. If you can take a guess how well that went, you're probably right; lol. Lot's of stuff she didn't agree to. ]

Ilya
"Thank you," She smiled, "I hope it won't come to that, I do feel as though this pack will suit me well," She commented, taking a bite of the fish and listening to him speak. When he asked the question, she swallowed and looked down for a moment. Ilya let out a single breath with a quick laugh that fell into it. 

"I tend not to dwell," She responded. "Of course, it's better to know the past and to stay away, but I prefer not to relive it if I don't need to," She had looked up when she spoke, but not a the brute. She seemed almost bitter when she spoke and her eyes were filled with hatred- perhaps that's why she didn't look at him. She didn't sound angry though, she spoke calmly and seemed at peace with whatever had happened. 

A silence overcame them for a small time and she spoke again. "I feel rude though, although you seem very laid-back, you are a much higher rank than me and I don't think I should keep information from you," She quieted again as if trying to shift through what she knew and what she felt she needed to say. Finally, she spoke again. "I just prefer that I am allowed to choose my pack and mates, and although I don't plan on it, the freedom to leave is very welcoming,"
749 Posts
Ooc — Kris
poor thing! lol

He of all wolves could certainly appreciate the sentiment of not wanting to dwell on the past. It was a rule that he followed in his own life, but he could see in the bitter look on her face that unlike him, she had not entirely let go of her past. She continued to speak, and he continued to listen with a warm, patient expression. Her last words caused his ear to twitch and his brow to knit, as so many things could be inferred from them, but he was not one to make assumptions on such matters and nor would he press for them.

"You don't need to share personal details with me if you do not want," he reasurred, reaching out to bump her shoulder with his muzzle in a companionable fashion. "Rank doesn't matter for that. Unless it's something that impacts the pack, of course, then I would appreciate you letting me know." He did not believe the secrets of her past did, but if that was the case, he would be disappointed to find out after the fact. "And I'm sure I don't need to tell you, but I'll tell you anyway, that mates are your choice here. Heck, you can mate this rock if you want," he chuckled, as he batted a nearby stone toward her.
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
[ Tbh I'm not sure where exactly to go with this, but I was hoping to keep the roleplay going if you are still interested. (: There's definitely room to end it but I left the conversation open for a response. ]

Ilya
The black wolf smiled, chuckled a little, and looked down. "Thank you, Luke," Her voice sincere and soft. She looked back up at him; "I appreciate it." Her smile grew a little and she let out a thankful breath of air. 

Her black fur ruffled slightly as a gust of a cool autumn breeze floated by, and her grin remained. "I do like this weather," she said out of no where. "The leaves are beautiful and the weather is perfect for anything- not too hot and not too cold. The animals are still around and fat and there's not yet snow on the ground." The black fae looked to the ground. "I'd like to think that when I'm old, I'll leave the earth during the fall," She continued, not rambling but somehow feeling the need to elaborate. "Not that I wish to die, but, well. You just think about it sometimes," she shrugged and looked to the sky, revealing a long, thick scar from the middle of the bottom of her muzzle, down to the bottom of her throat. She looked back down.

"I apologize, I didn't mean to bore you, if I did. I suppose I've just been a bit lonesome, lately... And maybe somewhat tired- although I did sleep very well last night," She shouldered him in playful banter. "Perhaps I'll be tired enough one day to spill my past to you," she murmured, smiling and looking to the sky. "You always talk more when you're low on sleep, perhaps it's just the mind trying to rid itself of it's conscience," 
749 Posts
Ooc — Kris
Of course! :)

Her idle chat did not fall on uninterested ears; she held his attention and he hummed in agreement at her commentary on the blessings of the season, for he was a creature that also appreciated such things. His eyes roamed around the hollow and the colors of fall around them as she spoke, but when she touched on the subject of death, his gaze was returned to her. He saw the scar as he lifted her head, and wondered at it, but he did not question her, offering her instead a simple nod. Death was a part of life, it was not strange to think on it, although he preferred not to.

She apologized, and he shook his head, releasing a puff of air in a soft exhale. "Not boring me," he quipped as she shouldered him. He gently pushed back. "You can talk to me whenever you feel the need, and about any subject. I'm always down to listen." He grinned. "You're in a pack now, so you should never feel lonesome. Feel free to tag along on patrols or hunts, or help me with the caches, and heck," he rolled his shoulders as he continued, "feel free to sleep next to me if you want some extra warmth and the comfort of another." It was perhaps odd to make such an offer, but there was no hidden meaning in his words. It was a platonic invite, one not out of character for the affectionate Luke, who preferred to be close to others, and to touch.
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
I have to ask; I was reading through old threads the other day out of curiosity and I found one with Luke and I believe another male from another pack (I think). Is Luke gay? Or was that just a  good friend or perhaps a sibling? I was curious so I checked your profile and didn't find anything. I am just nosey and curious. (:

Ilya smiled as she held his gaze, his kind words and reassurance were a sign of hope to her. She couldn't help but keep her smile as he spoke, silently praying to whatever God she didn't believe in that she had indeed found a friend. Her gaze fell to his shoulders as he rotated them, and although it wasn't shown on her face, a flash of jealousy crossed her mind. Luke, being a pack wolf, was far stronger and probably more skilled in his trades. She had just arrived, and was undertrained and malnourished, not to mention a small breed anyway. The thought left her mind as he offered her a spot next to him, and she looked down with a thankful embarrassment and appreciation. She hadn't expected the offer but was extremely grateful for it. She raised her head again to speak to him.

"Thank you, Luke," she beamed, "I might have to take you up on that offer." Her head fell to her paws again, and she struggled for a few seconds. "When I came here," she began, "I really wasn't sure what I'd find, but I'd hoped that it would be someone to talk to." She raised her head to look at him. "That you for giving me that." She nosed his shoulder gratefully and was reminded of what she had just been thinking of. "And I wouldn't mind perhaps being part of some training. I'm a little behind." She chuckled a little but was serious. "I'd love to get back into shape."
749 Posts
Ooc — Kris
hahaha... Luke is bisexual and polyamorous. He loves everyone. LOL. He does have a male lover, Lasher, in BDP. I am going to wrap this thread up here (seems like a good spot) but we can another later! Just feel free to start one and tag me whenever you feel like it :) Oh, and just in case you are not aware - you can have more than one thread at a time, as many as you feel like!

She nosed his shoulder, and he returned the gesture with a companionable lick to her cheek. It warmed him to be able to provide her with what she needed; not just the fish, but the companionship she seemed to have sorely lacked before arriving in the hollow. "I can show you how to fish for starters," he offered, excited at the prospect of sharing a few tips and tricks with an eager member of the pack. "How about you rest up for a bit, and then come find me when you are ready to learn?" He lifted to his paws and waved his tail. "I've got to chat with Harlyn for a bit, so I'll catch you later!" With a dip of his muzzle in farewell, the blue-nosed wolf turned and headed out in search of his druid companion.
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
( interesting! Good to know (: and sounds great! I responded to someone else's thread earlier I think, I wanted to get a good grasp on role playing again before I went crazy, lol. Thank you though! I'll make sure to get back to you! (: not sure if you have access but I'll get this archived somehow if not! )

The fae smiled at his friendliness and nodded. "Thank you Luke," she nodded, standing up as he did. "I'll get back to you, I've never fished before so you may be posed with a challenge," she winked teasingly, and then shook out the dirt from her fur. "It was nice talking to you, I'll see you around." She dipped her head in departure to the male and then watched as he passed away, satisfied with her first friend of the pack.

[ @Mordecai Could you please archive this? Or Close it? I'm not sure if there is a difference, but we have finished. (: ]