Fox's Glade She howled wolf
Why sit still when there's a world out there?
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe

Haven was extremely excited. She'd been preparing all day long for the moment. She'd told her pack that she was going out exploring but would be back sometime tomorrow. She was really going to howl for Sebastian. She was a clean freak, all day long she was preening and bathing and making sure she looked nice for when she met up with him. After all, she wanted to impress him. It hadn't occurred to her that perhaps Sebastian had lied and had left already. She was too hopeful for that kind of thought.

She traveled to Fox's Glade, a beautiful area and perfect for them to meet up. It was about noon and the sun was high in the sky, shining down onto her silvery grey pelt. She found a nice oak tree to sit under, one that had thus far evaded the call of autumn and refrained from loosing its leaves. Ok! Here goes! Then she howled a long howl, a call for Sebastian. Once she was done, she could only wait and look around hopefully at her beautiful sunlit surroundings, and think about all the fun she would have with her friend.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian spend his time all over the valley. He made sure to stay in howls reach for most of the time. Though he felt rather silly waiting. The young wolf met several other females and even spend a few hours with an owl under some bushes. All because he was waiting for that one female to howl for him. Maybe it had been a stupid idea. She probably didn't even like him in that way and wouldn't howl for him. It had been more than a few days now and Sebastian wasn't sure what to do with himself. He even plucked a water lily from the marsh for her. 

He felt stupid for even walking with it. He was on the Overture Downs with the flower before him. The male almost smashed it with his paw when he heard her howl. The male blinked, unsure if he imagined it. He looked at the flower, his ears falling back. What would she do with a flower? It would wither away because he plucked it in the first place. He should have hunted a hare or rabbit and offered her that. But that was... maybe too much. Mates would do that for each other to show they cared and they weren't mates.

He picked up the flower and started running towards her. He had to put the flower down once more and howl to her so he could pin point her exact location. Sebastian ruffled his fur before picking up the lily and carrying on towards her. It took a moment for him to find her, she looked even prettier than he could remember. Sebastian hastened his trot and then placed the flower by her feet. "Hi, For um.. you," he spoke sheepishly. His tail was wagging though. "I thought you might like it, it was the last of this season. It um.. made me think of you."
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
OMG this is just too adorable xD

Haven was relieved when she heard Sebastian's howl. He was coming. Actually coming! Oh god I look awful.Her face suddenly dropped as she began to feel nervous, thinking that everything would go wrong. But as soon as she saw him running towards her, her heart stopped and all she could think of was him. He had something in his mouth, a flower maybe. She began to blush, a bright smile breaking across her face.

When he reached her he dropped the flower, it was a beautiful white lily. She'd only ever seen one in the marshes before. She smiled looking up at him, his words were so sweet and she was overjoyed. Thank you so much! Your so sweet, it... its beautiful! She bent down to pick up the flower, holding it carefully in between her pearly white teeth. After a moment at marveling at its beauty, she placed it gently back on the ground and looked back to Sebastian. Sorry it took so long for me to howl! I've been really busy lately. But I'm here and you're here and that's all that matters.

She looked into his pale blue eyes for a moment, flustered both at his sweet gesture and how quickly he'd come. He seemed excited to see her too. After the pause, she started up a conversation. Oh yeah! I got moved up to Epsilon in the Grove wolves! So that's exciting. She was excited about the idea of being in the middle tier of her pack, but it also meant more commitment and she wasn't sure if she was ready. She still hoped maybe to go to the hot springs with Sebastian, and being of a higher rank might make it harder to find time. But that didn't matter right now, she was only glad to be with him.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian felt a tsunami of relief wash through him when she liked the flower. Thank god. He was so afraid he made such a loser of himself. Sebastian felt loads better. He watched her marveling at the flower and then thank him again. She excused herself for howling so late. He almost wanted to say something like; 'You don't have to play hard to get because I already like you'. But Sebastian didn't feel witty enough to say that. "It is okay, I didn't mind to explore the valley," he returned. What he wasn't going to admit was that he had been afraid that she disliked him. 

Sebastian listened to her new information. She got a higher rank, that is great. "I take it though weren't too upset with you then?," he asked. He was glad she didn't get any sorts of trouble for basically running off with him. He would feel so guilty, yet now she was even promoted. Sebastian still wasn't sure if he was going to join himself. He actually liked the life of a lone wolf. He could go where he wanted to go. But it would be easier to see Haven if he would join her pack. "You look very happy," he stated, reflecting to her higher rank, not the possibility that she was super happy to see him. 

Sebastian shook out his fur for a moment and sat down. He felt so massive otherwise. "What would you like to do today?," he asked then. "Do you have a favorite spot in the valley?," the male asked curiously. Maybe that would be cool to go to. Sebastian wasn't thinking about this offer for the hot springs since he didn't wanted to kidnap her again. Though he wouldn't mind spending a few days with her again. 

I know right :P
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven was glad that Sebastian didn't seem angry about her lateness. She nodded in understanding. She enjoyed exploring as well. Oh no! They didn't really even notice. And if they did I guess they didn't really care. But yeah I'm very happy about it! She looked down for a moment, not sure whether to say what she wanted to or not. Being around males was still kind of awkward to her, especially when she was sort of trying to flirt. She decided to go ahead and say it. But I'm more happy about seeing you than I am my new rank. I missed you, even though I saw you not to long ago and all. She was hot in the face, but she couldn't help but smile while looking into Sebastian's handsome blue eyes.

She watched as the large charcoal male shook out his fur and sat down. She looked very nice and groomed. Did he groom all day like I did? Is he trying to impress me too? She thought wondering about the origin of his neatness. She thought about what she'd like to do today for a moment, thinking about whether or not she really had a favorite spot. The whole area was beautiful, and she did like the glade a lot. Maybe they could go hunting and have a picnic in the meadows. I don't know. I didn't really think about it. Maybe we can have a picnic? You know, go hunting and then come back and talk for a bit? I still want to get to know more about you. She shrugged, though everything about her just boasted joy. Simply being around Sebastian made her happy. And having a picnic would be lots of fun.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian stood before the female. Once she told him she missed him and that she was happy to see him a bit of pride rose in his chest. This was a good sign! Sebastian stepped forward a bit. "I have to admit that I was also a bit lonely," he returned. He had met several others while Haven was back with her pack but that didn't mean he had stopped thinking about her. The opposite happened actually. "I'm glad you howled because I almost wasn't sure if you would howl again for me,"he admitted with a light chuckle. "Sorry but females are so weird sometimes," he teased a bit.

Sebastian listened to her ideas and thought about them. They kinda did that last time too, weren't they? The hunted the seal on the beach and then had a nap. He felt like doing something fun. Though a meal was something that he wouldn't say no to. "How about we do some exploring together and then afterwards we eat. All all the time you can get to know me better, and I get to know you," he spoke. Sebastian was a bit nervous about that, because his background wasn't so great. He decided to keep it positive. "You might not know this but I am a healer," he spoke as he started to walk. Yes, he was totally a doctor now. He liked how it sounded, being a healer. "Do you have any trades?," he asked. Since that would give him some insight about what she was interested in.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven felt a little bad when Sebastian mentioned that he'd been lonely. She should've howled sooner, but she had genuinely been very busy. She chuckled as he teased her a bit, and responded Oh yeah? Well males can be even weirder. I know this one male named Sebastian, oh yeah he's crazy alright! She joked around, nudging his shoulder playfully. She felt very comfortable around him, like she didn't have to watch what she said. She could say anything freely and be accepted, and she liked that about Sebastian.

Haven nodded at his plan, it did sound more exciting than hers. Ok I like that plan. She smiled coming to her paws and hopping after him. His strides were far bigger than hers and she had to walk at a brisk pace to keep up. But she didn't mind too much. She was a little surprised that Sebastian was a healer. She couldn't imagine the big male tending to wounds with tiny little herbs. But she found it a useful trade, and she thought it was a good thing to be. Wow that's cool! Yeah I wouldn't have the patience to be a healer. Its nice and all but I feel I might put the wrong remedy on something and end up killing someone! No I wouldn't be a very good healer, but I'm glad it's right for you.

Haven thought about it for a moment, and then answered his question. No not yet. I'm working to be a warrior. Fighting for my pack, I want to be strong so I can protect them. I also want to be a counselor. I like talking, and helping, and being a counselor could put good use to both of those things. I find the idea of being able to help wolves with problems pretty cool. And maybe someday I wouldn't mind being a caretaker, looking after pups and the elderly and all.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian rolled his eyes fondly when the female made a joke about him. Was he really that weird? He was rather reserved in the beginning. He was also a rather serious wolf, or he liked to think he was serious. Sure he had his silly sides but most of the time he wanted to be a responsible young man. Compared to his father when Burke was his age Sebastian was very responsible. Sebastian started to trot forward though the glade. The male watched how the light fell on the path before them. This forest was indeed beautiful. The large male felt himself relax under the canopy of colored leaves.

"It was very difficult in the beginning. The girl I kinda had a crush on was a healer, she died of carrying the wrong plants in her mouth," he explained. "Our pack needed intellectuals, they needed a healer so in her memory I starting finding my way, with caution I may add, with herbs and healing others." Sebastian wasn't sure how she would react to him talking about a crush he had in the past. She died after all, it wasn't someone that was still alive. "It works for me, yes," he agreed.

Haven then started to talk about the trades she would like for herself. He was surprised by the warrior part of her. He disliked the violence of it, but if it worked for her he wasn't complaining. She sounded like a real badass now. "I became a Warden to protect my pack, and I like to help others too. I think we compliment each other really well," he returned with a grin on his lips. He then looked over her. "Oh yeah? So you want to have pups of your own I assume?," he then asked.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven too, enjoyed the soft lighting of the autumn canopy. Whatever was left of the greens was either an evergreen, or a neony yellow green that would soon fade. Mixtures of yellow, green, orange, and red left colorful shadows upon the grassy path. A few autumn flowers sprouted along by trees, but most of the ground was covered in crinkly browning leaves. Haven preferred spring to autumn, because she liked the flowers. But she didn't mind a nice autumn day.

Hearing about Sebastian's former crush didn't make Haven suspicious or angry, only sad for him. She was never one to dwell on others pasts as much as who they were now. She wouldn't judge him for who he used to care for. She was only glad he was friends with her now. She dipped her head respectfully as they walked, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure wherever she is, she'd proud of you. She smiled, trying to give some comfort to the grey male. She was less surprised when she said that he was also a Warden. She could definitely see him protecting his borders and patrolling around. They did compliment each other very well in what they liked, they each had skills that could be useful especially when they were together.

We do compliment each other. We're like a power couple! She joked, making a small chuckle. And then Sebastian asked another question. She thought about it for a moment, she hadn't really thought about pups. But yes she would love to have some. It was a wolf's instinct after all to have pups of their own. Yes I'd love to have pups someday, but only with someone I love. I'm not one to let some random male come in, get me pregnant and leave on me. No, I want to raise pups with a mate of my own and maybe start a pack together. But no I wouldn't mind having pups. What about you? You ever want to just settle down and start a family of your own?
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian thought about Tiger for a moment. She never really knew that he had a crush on her since everything went so fast after that. Then it was followed by bringing her dead body home. He frowned a bit at that thought. It was horrible to have to cary a dead body, especially if it was the one of your crush. Luckily she wasn't murdered or anything but still. "Hopefully. She will be out doing something crazy," he spoke, with a hint of a sad smile. "Sometimes things go a certain way, and you can't prevent it from happening. I wouldn't be a healer, I might have been somewhere else. I might even wouldn't have met you," he pointed out. 

Sebastian laughed at her comment about the power couple. When he thought of a power couple he thought about his father and that mate of his. That female was just as bad as him and they ruled that dark forest. Sebastian was most definitely not going there. Fox and Peregrine were also a power couple. Would he and Haven be like that one day? He looked at her for a moment. She already talked on about his next question. It was just a tease really than an actual question but she responded to it very seriously. Normally females wanted pups. It was just natural. 

Sebastian cleared his throat a bit after she was done speaking. He was from a family where his father, and his uncle, would do such things to the females in their pack. On top of that the asshole that was his father also left while he was the main provider. "I feel you. I wouldn't even want to leave a female with my pups, I would feel horrible. Yeah, a mate is definitely the way I want to go. Though.. Pups. Yeah.. Eventually. Now I don't see myself as a father just yet. I am a good big brother or like uncle... but father no. If you are a big brother you can just baby sit and then give them back to their parents," he tried to joke a bit to cheer up his own mood. But all he could think about was Burke and how horrible of a father he had been. How his mother died all because of him walking out. 

"The reason I technically left my pack was because I went out to see if there was a female that might wanted to spend her life with me. Not just for ... you know... But I just... yeah. Everyone in my old pack had someone special and I didn't. I started wanting that too. Someone who cares about you, who you can snuggle up against, one I could protect and care for.... I don't know. Maybe I sound so old fashioned now..," he ended in a mumble. He felt a bit embarrassed for letting that all out. Yeah he was so tough now...
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven was glad to hear that Sebastian wanted a mate too, and not just... to mate. She liked that about him. Maybe someday... No it was to soon to be thinking about him that way. Yeah I get that. I'm more of a big sister type right now anyway, still far from being mom. But if I ever am a mom, I want to be as good as my mom was to me. Her name was Sierra, she was... well you know she was a mom! She couldn't think of any other way to put it. Sierra was just a mom. A good mom. Haven was rather proud of herself for being able to think about her family without getting sad. She was finally getting over the fire.

Haven giggled a little as Sebastian began to slip back into his awkward mumbling. She thought it was cute how he fumbled over his words. Well she did it too, but it was more annoying when she did it. She looked up at him as they walked, her golden eyes full of... what was the feeling. She couldn't figure it out. She was attracted to him, but in a relationship kind of way. Not sexual or anything. She just... liked him. A lot. Nah. You don't sound old fashioned. I like it when males can open up about their feelings and not be all, 'haha I'ma male watch me catch this bull elk all by myself yeah'. I don't mind talking feelings. She smiled, chuckling a little at her own terrible impression.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked over her and then guessed that she was even a bit younger than him, if not a lot. "Yeah but you are also younger than me right? Because will become three this spring," he admitted. That sounded so old already. Maybe he really was a late bloomer? Only now finding the need to go and find a female. Sebastian nodded in response to the mom part. His mom was somewhat like that. His mother died all because of his uncle, and Burke. Burke too. He wasn't there. He shouldn't have left. "That sounds great," he spoke kindly, missing his own mother now, if he could only see her. 

Sebastian's ears popped up once she giggled. It was very cute to listen to. Maybe he did like her a lot. Why was he holding himself back? Because she was younger than him? Because she was in a pack? Or was it because he wasn't sure if he could trust her with his heart? It was already bruised and battered. He wasn't sure if his heart could handle another disappointment. Haven was very pretty though and sweet with a hint of badass. How could he not like that? "Oh. Thank you," he spoke but then had to laugh. "I'm not really like that male you projected. Though I can be terribly foolish and stubborn actually. If I set my mind to something I often don't steer away from it."
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven was a bit surprised when Sebastian told her his age. He seemed much younger. Three wasn't old by far, but it wasn't what she'd expected. I'll be 2 come spring. We're not to far off. She smiled, turning and looking down at her white paws as she walked. She grinned to herself as he spoke of her mother. He was very kind and thoughtful, and knew just the right thing to say at the moment. She looked up again at the path ahead, watching the sun glint up high above their heads through the trees.

She dipped her head in response to his thanks, then listened as he laughed. Sebastian had a nice laugh, one that Haven found both cute and funny. She laughed along with him as he spoke, tail wagging slightly. Oh really? I can't imagine you being all foolish, you seem too smart. But I know what you mean, I can be pretty crazy sometimes too. She added as she hopped over a fallen tree that was in her way. Soon the two came to a small grotto of fallen trees. Maybe it was because of a recent storm? Or maybe the logs had been there a long time. Any who, Haven found them interesting and decided to stop and take a look around them.

She veered off the path and into the grotto. She leaped up onto a thick log that had fallen into the v shaped splits in two other trees, and made a perch about 2 feet off the ground. She walked carefully across it, sticking her tongue out as she concentrated. It was an awkward habit, but she never really noticed that she did it. Finally she came to the middle of the thick log and sat down. She jerked her head to Sebastian below, signaling for him to hop up with her.

The grey and white female thought for a moment, then she had an idea for a fun game. A getting to know you game. Ok this is a pretty random question, but I wanna know ok? Alright so if you had pups, one boy one girl, what would you name them? She asked, a smile on her face.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian thought about that and then nodded, alright. That wasn't too much of an age gap, just one full year almost. Sebastian could probably handle that if Haven was mature enough. He wasn't really a fan of those dramatic females. So far he seemed to have lucked out with Haven. Sebastian liked how carefree she was. It reminded him a bit of Finley. "Oh trust me, sometimes I am so stubborn I get into foolish things. I was almost killed several times already," he admitted. He wanted to do things right, but doing the right thing wasn't always the smartest thing to do. He learned that lesson quite well last summer. 

He watched at Haven instantly started exploring a small grotto of trees. She even jumped on top of a log and climbed it. Sebastian wasn't really intent on climbing trees or logs. The male liked his mountains alright, but logs were unstable things to him. He stood by her, in case she would fall she would have a bit of a softer fall. He tipped his head up to look at her. Yes, definitely carefree. "My weight wouldn't probably break it," he returned. "But hey, you are bigger than me now," he laughed softly. It was weird to have a wolf be bigger than him. He was usually the giant compared to others. 

Sebastian looked up at her question. He looked so surprised for a moment he needed a few seconds to adjust and think about what she just asked. "I haven't really thought about it? Though a female I might want to name after my own mother, Dalia," he spoke. He then let out a saddened sigh for a moment. "She died."
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven was surprised to hear that Sebastian had almost been killed before. Well she shouldn't have been surprised, he seemed to have an interesting past. She nodded in understanding as they walked on. She laughed when he joked about her being taller than him now. I sure am! Ha, you look tiny from up here! She giggled, kneading her white tipped paws on the bark of the fallen oak. Yes Sebastian probably would break the log, oh well.

He seemed pretty surprised at the sound of her question, she smiled as it was cute when he was surprised. His answer was a good one though. Hmm, that is a very nice name. I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I'm sure she was very kind. She dipped her head and blinked slowly, for she understood his sadness. She wanted to let him know that she was there for him, and anything he wanted to talk about, she wanted to help.

And so they grey fae decided to poke around in his past a little bit, she wanted to know more about who he was. She climbed down from her log, landing not so gracefully on the ground, but caught her balance quickly. She sat next to him on the ground, looking up at him again. How did she die? Its ok if you don't want to talk about it, but sometimes its good to get things out. She added, her voice was sincere and kind.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian kind of regretted his answer because he wasn't really feeling like talking about his mother. He would always get so bitter and angry, not a mood he wanted to show to Haven. Yet, of course she would ask about it. The grey male looked at her for a moment, pale eyes a bit distanced. He wanted to say that it wasn't any of her business but that wouldn't be very kind. Plus, he did like her. The male let out a soft sigh and then looked at her apologetically. "She died in labor of her second litter," he explained because that was technically how she died. 

But the thing was that Sebastian blamed his father. If Burke hadn't left then his uncle wouldn't have done those things to her and she wouldn't have ended up pregnant. She died because Burke left and he should have stayed with them but no he abandoned his family. Sebastian didn't realize that his face turned sour, and it worsened every second as he was reliving those memories. They clearly weren't good memories. "Maybe I won't call her Dalia after all," he started, sounding rather bitter. His pale eyes looked with a scowl around him, not trying to look at Haven now he was all upset and fed up.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven watched as Sebastian got a bitter and sad look on his face. Maybe she shouldn't have poked around in his past, but she was just curious. I'm very sorry to hear that. Was all she could say. She knew that sometimes silence was best, it gave everyone a moment to think and in her case sometimes, cry. She looked down a the ground, a moment of quiet for Sebastian's mother. She of course never knew the wolf, but she knew that from the way Sebastian showed emotion about her, that she must've been a good mother to him.

Sebastian seemed a little angry now, looking away from her. Haven didn't feel hurt, she felt bad for making him angry. It's a very nice name, but if it makes you sad then maybe giving that name to a daughter isn't a good idea. Then every time you look at her you'd be sad. She was sort of thinking aloud, not in any way meaning to be rude or insensitive. She wanted Sebastian to look at her, she wanted to be the center of his attention and not his sadness. She hated it when she made someone sad on accident, it made her feel awful. The young wolf always considered it her duty to cheer other up, not make them sadder.

Hey, hey look Sebastian. Look at me ok? I don't know what happened in your past, and I'm sure it was hard whatever it was. But like you said last time, sad things make you stronger and life goes on. Think about it, if I'd never been in that fire I'd have never met you. Everything bad that happens makes something good happen in the future. I'm sure that after everything bad that's happened in your life, the rest of it will have something extra good in it. Haven said, thoughtfully. Her voice had a sweet and reassuring manner to it. She wanted nothing more than to cheer up her friend.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked Haven when she spoke. She knew nothing about how hard it was for him in the past. How the young male even thought that he was cursed before because he got only misfortune. He was thinking that too, that he wouldn't name his daughter like that. But she was the first name he thought about. The large male continued to just listen to her with a scowl. "I hope so," he returned then, tail flickering. He let out a long sigh. The male let his ears fall back. "I'm sorry. I just get -- Uch" he huffed. 

The male finally looked up at her with his pale eyes. The young man looking at Haven. "My past is rather complicated," he admitted. "It is a long story. I might tell you one day," he added. Sebastian did want to tell her but not now. It would have to be another time, maybe once they were a bit closer, when he had the idea that the female wanted to stick around. He looked up ahead and thought he spotted something. "Thank you, you are right," he spoke about her last part of the conversation. He did came out stronger, at least he liked to think so. 

"Shall we find a meal?," he asked, feeling rather hungry as a lone wolf. He wouldn't mind the help to catch a bigger meal, just like the seal.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven listened intently, she was very interested in learning of Sebastian's past. It was obvious to her that he'd had some traumatic things happen to him, things that had changed him. He seemed a little too closed off, but maybe in the future he'd tell her. She nodded and looked into to his big pale blue eyes. Don't apologize, you have every right to be frustrated. I'm sorry for bringing it up. Sebastian then thanked her for something, and he seemed a bit more peppy. Phew, I think I cheered him up some, she thought with a smile and then added. Hey no problem! Anytime you need to talk, I'm always here.

Haven looked down at her stomach at the charcoal male's last comment. Her stomach began to grumble as if on cue. She was indeed hungry. She turned to him with an excited grin, Yeah, I'm hungry and I'm a pack wolf! I can imagine you're starving! Let's go. She hopped to her paws ready to go. She looked around for a moment, trying to catch any sort of scent around her. She could definitely smell deer, recently passed through here and headed east. This way. She barked, her instinctive leadership taking over. She dropped her nose to the ground and followed the deer scent.

Soon it took them duo through the glade and into a small meadow, where several females and a large male deer grazed at the autumn grasses. She turned back to Sebastian, crushed down so the deer couldn't see her. She scanned the group analyzing her choice of meal. She picked out a fat female at the edge of the crowd, it seemed to be distracted with a patch of rarely green grass and was coveting it for herself. The grey huntress turned to Sebastian and jerked her head in the fat doe's direction as if to say, 'going after that one'.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian smiled at her, feeling a bit better but the past still haunted him. The large male walked with her as she pointed out the way to their prey. He wanted to focus on catching a meal. He followed the female who was more familiar with the area and indeed she told him where the prey animals were. Sebastian crouched down next to her and then looked over the fat female she wanted to go. Sebastian disagreed with her. The female might be rather fat but she was healthy. He nudged her, seeing the scrawny deer to the side by the steam. She looked weak and unstable on her legs. While the fat one might have will to live, the other had her head hanging down so he rather go for that one. "We have to be smart," he whispered so softly.

Sebastian looked at her with a determined expression before moving around to scare the deer in her direction. Before he let her do the dirty work so now she got to do the kill. He trusted her that she would do the right thing. Sebastian creeped closer and then jumped at her from her right flank so she would jump to the left towards Haven. In her panic the deer instantly ran, Sebastian had to keep his mind on the stag. The weaker deer stumbled forwards, almost into Haven's jaws. Sebastian watched as all the deer ran off, they didn't have to worry about the stag. He jumped forward to see if he could help Haven with anything.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven nodded at Sebastian's input. She would consider it, but she really wanted to go for the big one. Sebastian obviously didn't like that plan as he headed towards the limp female. Haven chuffed a little frustrated, when it came to serious things, she liked to be in charge. But she didn't want to be rude. A meal is a meal it wouldn't really matter. Ok, I guess we can go for that one. She nodded, eyes glued to her new target. The fat doe seemed to have caught a lucky break, for Haven and Sebastian were a great hunting pair.

Sebastian began corralling the doe in Haven's direction, and the doe didn't seem to know what was going on. Haven licked her lips and prepared to pounce at the doe. She noticed the rest of the herd running in the opposite direction. The old prey they had chosen apparently wasn't worth saving to the stag, for her sent his other females packing away. The two wolves target was on her own. An easy kill. Haven leaped up and barreled the doe to the ground, her jaws clamped around the deer's throat in mid air and sent them both tumbling to the ground. She held a vicious bite, and the doe died after a moment of feeble kicking.

After she was sure the deer was dead, she looked up to Sebastian a large grin on her face. She liked the way he trusted her to take the kill. She didn't like it when males thought they could do the job better than she could. Haven was perfectly capable to taking a deer down. It's dead! She said, chuckling a little as she was out of breath. She jerked her head in the direction of the carcass, signaling for her charcoal friend to come down and eat with her. She tucked into it quickly, scarfing down as much as she could handle.

Once she was finished with it, she laid back. Haven was full, once again feeling all pregnant and fat. She glanced up at Sebastian out of the corner of her eye. Eating beside him reminded her of their time at the coast. It was a very good memory. Well that was exciting. She chuckled, stretching out over the ground to look up at the autumn leaves in the trees.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Haven might not like going after the weaker one but Sebastian wasn't a pack wolf. He didn't have any reserves and he wanted to play it safe, no matter what. He wanted a meal not a chance on having a meal. Luckily Haven was more than capable of taking the deer down. Sebastian's stomach growled loudly and he gladly attacked the deer next to Haven. There was more than enough but Sebastian was going to eat himself round. Haven was a good help with keeping him fed. The last time they hunted the seal after all. 

Once Haven stopped eating Sebastian continued. He completely stripped the ribs of meat and finished off all the organs before he continued to sink his teeth in the muscles of the animal. Sebastian was a big guy, he could house a lot of meat in his body, which was exactly what he was going to do. Eventually he had to stop, having eaten so much meat he felt terribly full. He let himself fall on his butt next to Haven. His head was all smeared with blood from putting his head down into the carcass. Haven was pretty bloodied too. 

Sebastian grinned a bit and then moved his muzzle to Haven's head. He started grooming her muzzle on one side to the bridge of her nose to her eyebrow, top of her head and behind her ear. That last past wasn't really that bloody but Sebastian wanted to be more of a confident male and show her he liked her. He was allowed to do that right? Maybe this would make it more certain that he liked her as more than a friend. He moved to the other side to lick the left over blood and pieces of meat away from her muzzle. He smiled a bit, his own head still full with red smudges, looking almost a bit proud because he totally just gave her little kisses in between too...
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
AGGHHHHH I'M CRYING THIS IS TOO ADORABLE <3

Haven waited patiently for Sebastian to finish eating. He had every right to be hungry, being a lone wolf and all. She closed her eyes, enjoying the brisk wind in her fur and simply resting. Suddenly she felt something brush up against her face. Not something bad, it felt good. She opened her eyes, slightly startled, and saw Sebastian grooming her muzzle. Her eyes wide she looked back at him. At that moment she knew that he liked her more than just the way friends do. She felt his presence and the soft strokes of his tongue on her cheek. It was pure affection and it made her happy. She could tell it wasn't all just grooming.

She returned the gesture, licking clean his bloodied muzzle until it was a shiny white again. She too added some kisses in among the grooming. After she was finished, she sat leaning forwards so as to lean against Sebastian's side. She nuzzled up, her head under his chin sitting right beside him. Thank you Sebastian that was a great meal. I'm glad I called for you today, it's been really great. The grey and white female sat there in the grass with her companion, content to stare at the ground, for as long as she was with him everything seemed that much sweeter.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian smiled when she seemed to enjoy it. On top of that she even returned his actions cleaning his face. Sebastian was secretly (and maybe not so secretly) a sucker for this. It was such a nice feeling being groomed. He closed his eyes a bit as he was all cleaned by Haven. Sebastian nodded when she spoke, not able to think of saying someone in return just yet. He was mesmerized by her looks and he wished she never had to leave to her pack. That set some thoughts in moments and before he was thinking about it clearly the words were on his tip of this tongue. "Don't go back to your pack. You can go with me! Then we can just roam as lone wolves and just explore so many things together."

Sebastian looked at her with his pale eyes, really wanting her to come with him. He didn't want to join another pack. He would be at the bottom, he might do so for Haven but he also just wanted to keep that freedom and do fun and crazy things with Haven before they would have more responsibilities. This pack wasn't even Haven's family, and she liked him too, so why not just head out together? It seemed like themes logical thing. "Then we can go everywhere you like and I will be there too!," he tried to sound more convincing.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven's definitely planning on leaving soon, but we should start a different thread after she has left JFG to have her leaving with him. Just because at this point in her timeline she doesn't know that the pack is breaking up and all. But after this one, we can start another one and say that's the last thread with Haven as a JFG wolf?

Haven stopped at his next words. She was... overjoyed and pained at the same time. She cared deeply for Sebastian and she knew it now, but was she ready to leave the pack. No. She couldn't not yet. Could she? She looked up at him, her big golden eyes shimmering with happiness and sadness. I... can't yet. Not yet. Was all she could manage. Because she wanted to. She really wanted to leave, but she didn't feel right just leaving the Grove. 

I want to Sebastian. I really do, but I just can't. I can't leave them, and just before winter when they really need me. I really like you, like maybe more than just a friend does a friend, in the future, yes. Absolutely. Or... Agh I don't know. Will you give me time to think about it? She asked him, hoping he wasn't hurt by her words. She hoped against everything that he wouldn't be angry or sad, or think that she didn't like him enough. Because she really did.

Perhaps fade here, I'll start the next thread when we're finished so Haven and Sebastian can officially be lone wolves together C: