Overture Downs We marched away at break of day
Why sit still when there's a world out there?
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Just watched the Hobbit goddangit xD @Ilya

Haven trotted over the hill, head hung. Her pack was slowly falling apart. She'd learned of the Alpha and his mate having some troubles together, and now there was talk of them disbanding altogether. She was sad at this, it seemed she'd only just found them and begun to fit in. However at least she knew that if they did split, she had Sebastian. She knew that he would be there for her. She just knew. She had started to become very attached to the boy, and wanted to see more of him the more she saw.

The grey and white fae came up to a hill, the same one her and Sebastian had been on when he had first walked her home from the coast. Life was so stressful now, she wished she could go back. But the good memories of her surroundings at least brought her some peace. She looked out over the hill at she sea of fall, leaves everywhere and firey colors illuminated the forest below. Ewe, was all she could think. She'd liked the Emberwood, it was nice, but she preferred the meadows to stay green. To most autumn was pretty, to Haven it just meant the nasty smell of crunchy leaves and the coming winter.
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Unlike her gray-white friend, Ilya absolutely adored fall. Her fur ruffled in the light breeze and she felt at home in the hollow. Her heart sang as she padded along, sniffing out perhaps a light snack to keep her energy up as she went out on her own private patrol. It wasn't long before she caught hold of a familar scent, young but strange; a sign of a different pack. She kept her ears perked as she walked, but she recognized the scent right away, no need to be on gaurd. As she neared the scent she eventually caught sight of the young female from Jade Fern Grove. Ilya wagged her tail and let out a greeting bark, a friendly smile appearing on her face. She made her way over.

As she neared she realized the perky wolf wasn't as joyful as usual, and now seemed to linger in a state of though. She frowned. "Chin up, little one," she encouraged softly, nosing her shoulder caringly. "What's wrong? I can sense your sadness from far away, and you are too fresh to be having such a sad time," Ilya offered, but was far too hypocrtical with her words. Not that Haven had known this, but around the same age Ilya's life was a living hell, and she was far too young to experience such distasteful wolves.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven looked up at the greeting bark and came to see Ilya, her friend from the Hollow pack. She managed a smile as the black wolf came near, but she was in fact in a grim state. She chuckled sadly as Ilya nudged her shoulder, she knew her friend was only trying to cheer her up, but she was finding it hard to get in the mood. Ilya's words stung a little, as if she expected more of Haven. But Haven wasn't too offended, if anything Ilya's words made her curious as to why she would say such a thing.

Well I'm not sure if I'm supposed to tell you, but the pack is breaking up. Jade Fern Grove. Bazi and Scimitar are leaving each other, and most of the others are leaving as well. I mean I just got there! And with winter coming I'm not sure what to do. It just doesn't seem fair. She left it at that, not wanting to sound like a whiney little pup. She sat in silence for a minute, letting the wind blow through her beautiful silky fur, all the while she couldn't stop thinking of what Ilya had said. Too fresh to be having such a bad time? What does that mean?She thought, then decided to ask.

What did you mean by that? Too fresh to be having such a bad time. Of course if you don't mind me asking.
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Ilya frowned, suddenly unsure of what to say to Haven. While not in a top rank of consulting, the black she-wolf knew that Mordecai and Harlyn valued any information on the other packs. It was how the alphas, of any pack, stayed ahead. She enjoyed feeling helpful to the pack, but she knew that she wouldn't be able to alert the pair of this news. She knew she'd have to keep her mouth shut for the young wolf's sake. 

"I'm sorry, Haven," Ilya murmured softly, and then chuckled a little. "Too fresh," she repeated, smiling at the ashy wolf innocently. "Too young, too pure. You've never even seen a human before for goodness sakes- there is something wrong with the world to have made you upset," she explained, frowning. She nudged the young wolf's shoulder again, hoping for some sort of comfort. "It will be alright," she assured her. "I lived on my own for a whole year until I found this place. I survived winter and so can you." Ilya paused for a moment, feeling a bit of hopeful butterflies flutter through her stomach.

"You know, Lost Creek Hollow is low on members," she began quietly. "I know it isn't home, but the pack is friendly and we're a family, if you lose your home I will put in a good word for you to join us. Our alphas are kind and you would be a wonderful asset, I know," she praised happily. She wagged her tail a little, hoping to make light of the situation the best she could. Right now though, all she could think about was her year alone, and the year prior. She couldn't image such a beautiful female out alone in the wilderness to encounter the things that she did.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven nodded slowly at Ilya's explanation. I guess that makes sense. Haven smiled in understanding, for Ilya must've had a basis for her thoughts. Something must've happened to her when she was young, but it seemed to early to prod her new friend for information. Thank's Ilya, I'm sure I can make it through. Sorry for being such a downer on such a pretty day. She glanced up at the sky, the sun was crashing over the horizon, its blood covering the sky in fragments of pinks and blues and brilliant gold.

Ilya's next proposition was a good thought. Perhaps it would be nice to join Ilya's pack, if all the Hollow wolves were as nice as her friend, then perhaps it could be a good match. She beamed at Ilya's praise, proud to be called a wonderful asset. She really considered the thought, but soon remembered Sebastian. She knew that she would be going with him wherever. After their last meeting she knew that a piece of her heart lied with him. Maybe the fire at Ivory Falls was destiny after all, for if not it had happened she'd have never met him. She was beginning to think she loved the charcoal male, with his adorable smile and handsome pale blue eyes. She smiled even at the thought of him.

It'd be very nice to join the Hollow, but I think I know what I plan to do. Haven seemed to decide her fate in that moment, she knew that wherever he was she would be. She chuckled a little, if wolves could blush she did. Ok so there's this guy. He's really cute, and strong, and handsome and he's the sweetest guy I've ever met. And I think I really like him. Like a lot! And I think he likes me too! He waits around the Valley for me to call him, and we hang out together. But he's not like other males, he's just... Well he's just my Sebastian. She smiled a sincere and innocent smile, looking over at Ilya with her big golden eyes.

I plan to follow him I think. Go where he goes. Who knows maybe one day we could start a pack together! The thought of starting a pack with Sebastian filled her with joy, and the grey and white female forgot all her troubles. A pack by the coast, where they had first gone together. Her most beautiful memories lied at the coast.
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Ilya listened, her head falling a little as a warm smile crept upon her face. She wished she could share the fae's love for someone else, but she'd never had the oppertunity, so she listened and imagined. She could see the young brute that she was describing. She pictured a larger version of herself, dark and muscluar but with a piercing blue gaze. Perhaps she thought too much of herself sometimes, despite her size, but she was a proud wolf and there was nothing wrong with that. She imagined the two conversing by Mudminnow river and down in the valley surronded by the green grass, even though it was beginning to brown. She looked up to Haven, eyes glimmering. 

When Haven mentioned the pack, her expression faded slowly, and she gave the female a puzzled look. "Your own pack?" she questioned, tilting her head. "Such big dreams," she mused, her smile returning. "You have bigger ambitions that I do," she then explained, not trying to sound rude or like she was putting her idea down. "You're a beautiful wolf, Haven," Ilya then said, smiling to her. "I hope you find what you want in this Sebastian, he sounds wonderful." Then she winked, her tongue lolling playfully, "If he ever gives you trouble though, you know where to find me, I'll set him straight!"
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven smiled at Ilya's praise, she had forgotten why she was sad in the first place. Yeah, he is pretty wonderful. She bit her lip a bit embarrassed, and wagged her tail at the thought of him. She giggled at Ilya's next comment, Oh no! He's not like that, he wouldn't try anything with me. No he's a really good guy. Suddenly a new thought came to her. With all the talk of love, did Ilya ever have a mate?

Do you have a mate? Or do you want to find one? The young wolf asked, curious about her friends interests. Haven in particular liked cute and sweet males, who are strong but kind and like to have fun. Maybe Ilya liked the more serious type? Or maybe the bad boy type? The thoughts made her smile, someone as sweet and nice as Ilya with a bad boy!
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Ilya smiled, wagging her tail in excitement for her friend. When she first met Haven she felt old beside her, but hearing her speak of her dreams and her love interest made her feel like younger wolf, gossiping with her friend. She playfully nipped her ear. "Good!" she yipped, tilting her head. "He sounds great, I wish you the best with him," she mused, her ears perked.

Ilya could feel her whole body darken as she heard Haven's question, but she tried to stay alert and happy. Her ears lowered a little and she tried to think of a suitable answer. "I don't..." she began quietly, she wasn't sure if she should elaborate on her situtation or not; she'd never told anyone before. Something in her urged her to tell, Haven seemed like the perfect wolf to share. She wouldn't judge her and Ilya knew that she ashy wolf wouldn't tell a soul. Ilya smiled shakily and looked towards the ground. "I was actually held prisoner in a mostly male pack for a little over a year," she explained quietly. "They were all terrible wolves," she continued, shrugging, "I escaped when I was about two and I was on my own until recently. Not much time to find love," she chuckled uneasily, as if she tried to make a joke out of something that wasn't so light-hearted. She looked to Haven slowly, and smiled again. "Not that all males are bad, I haven't had bad encounters with them since," she then added, her tail wagging a little. "I do hope to fall in love someday," she said, her eyes sparkling a little with a happier feeling.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven smiled again as Ilya wished her good luck with Sebastian. She hoped everything would turn out alright with him. She had made her decision at last. She had been contemplating it all week, Sebastian's offer and she now knew that she would be going with him. She was overjoyed at being done with the stress of making the decision. Thank you. She thanked her friend in her support with her decision.

As soon as Haven had asked the next question, she had watched Ilya change from happy to dark. Apparently the topic wasn't a good one for Ilya. Ilya began to stutter among her words. If you don't want to talk about it you don't... She began, but Ilya was already telling her. She listened, empathy kicking in as she began to understand more about the black wolf's past. Her life sounded harsh and sad, not at all like the one Haven had led. The fire was the worst thing to have happened to her, never something near as terrible as this. Ilya was right, she had no right to be sad on such a nice day.

Luckily Ilya seemed to cheer herself up, Haven noticed her tail wagging slightly. Haven giggled a little, I hope you find love too! I'm sure a wolf as sweet and pretty as you, soon you'll have a bunch of males asking for your paw. She smiled, hoping to bring Ilya back out of her dark past.
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Ilya somehow felt better, telling the ashy-gray wolf. She didn't know why the concept shocked her, she knew that letting things off her chest always made a little bit of the pain ebb away. She watched Haven with a smile, wagging her tail a little. "Thank you, Haven," she responded. "That means a lot." It did mean a lot to her to be called pretty, it always made her self-confidence swell; even though she did have quite a bit of it anyway. She usually kept her arrogance to herself, which was a good combination to have. "I do hope that it all works out between you and Sebastian, he truly does sound like a wonderful wolf," she eyed the young female playfully. "One day you'll have to visit and introduce me, he needs my approval," she teased.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven nodded with a smile as Ilya thanked her. Hey no problem! If you ever need a friend to talk to, just howl. She winked at the black fae, shifting her weight slightly. Ilya's past Haven found very interesting. Maybe in the future she would open up more, Haven only wanted to help her. She knew the pain of a harsh past. Haven had Sebastian to help her get past it. Ilya needs a Sebastian. She decided, she wanted to play matchmaker.

The grey and white female smiled again as Ilya wished her good luck with Seb. She laughed when she said he needed her approval. Well I sure hope he passes your test! Don't make it too tricky for him! She joked, nudging her friend's shoulder. Of course I'll visit, maybe if I do decide to start a pack with him, you could visit us! She smiled, wagging her tail behind her.

Maybe fade after these next few posts? We can keep going, but it might be a good idea to stop around here c;
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Can do ;p I've got a good fading post, if you can archive it. (I'm sure I can archive posts too, I just have no idea how to lol...)

Haven's words meant a lot to the pained Florida Wolf. Ilya smiled and looked to the ground, lost in thought for a moment. It wasn't clear even to her what she was thinking of, it was a lot, perhaps. The closest thing to a friend she had ever had was the old brown female from her first pack, and she was trapped there with her. It was more silent companionship, and the only thing they had in common was the pack. But Haven was an actual friend. They laughed and talked and even told a few secrets; she hoped that in the future she would tell Haven the full story of her past. 

"No promises," Ilya mused, almost purring. When Haven mentioned visitation she nodded immediately, wagging her tail along with the gray wolf. She could almost picture Haven, maybe a year older, with the Sebastian wolf who Ilya had decided was a dark charcoal color. She could see maybe a litter of small pups leaping around, perhaps a single white one as an oddball of the bunch. She smiled at Haven, a sense of pride for her new friend welling in her chest, even though all of her thoughts were pure imagination. She nosed her happily.

"I would love to visit."
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Yeah I can archive it no problem C:

Haven was glad to have a friend like Ilya, who really felt good when she did. Empathy was a trait Haven often admired in other, and one she had herself. She laughed alongside the black female, as they joked around. Joy filled through her when Ilya said she'd love to visit. She was so proud of the future that could await her. She couldn't wait to go tell Sebastian about her decision.

Well good. I hope to see you around when we find a place. I ought to be going now though, I have to get ready to tell my pack and everyone. Lots to do yet! She then gave her friend a quick lick on the cheek, a symbol of friendship and appreciation. And with that she bounded down the hill, skidding into the forest below.