Phoenix Maplewood Stronger Connected
My heart connects with everyone on it's own. When they pull, it hurts.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
All Welcome 
for any pack member who wants to meet Esaro but hasn't yet!

It's quite cold today and it began to snow. The snow wasn't falling hard or fast it was rather calm and peaceful in a way. If it wasn't so cold then he wouldn't mind just playing around for a bit but instead he decided to look for cover. He searched for a cave then for a hole but couldn't find any. Instead he managed to find cover in a hollow tree trunk that happen to be just laying there. He kinda wondered how a tree ended up like this. He didn't really focus on the question and crawled into the trunk backwards.

There was just enough room for him to be able to just lay there and relax until the snow fall stopped. He was fairly protected from the wind so here he wasn't going to freeze. To pass time he started thinking of all the lessons he got himself into. Could he really handle all these teachings and remember them. He's already learned something but it's not enough to say he improved.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Returning to the Maplewood after a quick spell away from it's borders granted Reek a familiar freshness to life, yet, he still remained a changed man. The nagging, empty feeling that had plagued him, along with the lingering sense of guilt, had dulled, however, they did not dissapear completely. Time would heal his wounds the best it could. Reek was unsure if these emotional bruises would ever completely heal, but he relished in the fact that his recovery started today.

Reek stole away from the border for the day and spent most of his time avoiding the cold in his den alongside his healing mate, catching up on much needed sleep.  With Scarlett gone, it was beginning to feel like less of an infirmary and more like home once again. It was a nice change.

Once well rested, Reek withdrew from his mate's side and left his subterranian hideaway.  The frigid air assulted him until he was fully awake; wide eyed and attentive.  He caught the scent of one of the new pack members as he walked.  It was one he had smelled before around the territory, but he had yet to see who it belonged to. With the intention of introducing himself, Reek followed it's trail to hollowed out tree. Reek, not knowing that the tree was hollow and open for business, began to sniff the opposite side (where the tree appeared to be solid) and wondered why the newbie's smell was the strongest in this most curious of places.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
As the snow continued to fall Esaro remained in cover, putting together all the he has learned. He really did have a list in his mind of all of the other member's abilities. Laika, Luna, and likely Ukko were hunters. While Spring and Ukko were also fighters. For the moment it seems that Spring is the only one who really knows a lot about herbs. Being thought by her was alright, he was able to remember a few things that were useful, Like what to use as bandages.

Sounds of snow being crashed made his ears twitch. Something was nearby but being inside a hollow trunk made the sounds seem like it came from ahead. He stayed there trying to see whatever was making that noise. Esaro was starting to feel afraid when the sounds got closer yet he didn't see anything move. He wondered if he should make a run for it or not. If anything were to attack now it would trap him.

The fact that he just didn't know what was coming made him stay put, but not for long. He grew too impatient to just sit still and wait it out. He felt like he just had to go see what it was. He slowly crawled out of the hole back into the snow. "Who's there?!" He called out, trying to sound a little intimidating. Moments later he caught the scent of a pack member, one he has yet to meet. Esaro was standing in front of the hole searching only ahead of him. Not seeing anyone yet made him nervous and unsure of himself. There is someone out there right?
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Curiously, there was stirring coming from within the tree. Reek withdrew his sniffer from the broad maple and looked around. Squinting, he saw nothing, and thus returned to his task of sniffing out his hidden packmate. The alpha male remained firmly planted in the spot, if he moved even a few inches to the left or right, the mystery would have been solved. But, what was the fun in that?

Shortly after, a voice came from the other end of the tree, and Reek needent move to finally solve the case. He crained his neck to the side to see Esaro, emerged from the hollow tree and facing the opposite direction. A rare smile graced Reek's lips as he noticed the perfect opportunity to give his new subordinate a good scare. There was nothing wrong with a little friendly hazing.

He approached on the left side, quiet as a church mouse. His lips pealed back as he neared Esaro's ear, and with a fake, but ferocious snarl Reek shouted, "Me!"
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Esaro's heart was already pounding. There has to be someone around here but he just couldn't see it. He was already close to panicking believing that maybe there was some kind of ghost around. But nothing could have scared them more than a ferocious shout that was right behind him. Esaro jumped high into the air while turning around by 180 degrees. He only took a glance at the wolf before deciding he was under attack and quickly had to get out of there and get some help. Esaro could fight but he didn't have any confidence that he could win.

With his blood rushing and his heart pounding like crazy he couldn't focus at all. He turned around again another 180 degrees and just ran for it while tossing out snow in every direction until he was finally moving forward. As he ran he yelled out "I'm under attack!!" In hopes that someone friendly was nearby. He turn his head to look behind him, with all the snow he couldn't see anyone. But the moment he looked ahead he rammed into a tree and then fell down on his side. He ended up knocking himself out for a few seconds.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Esaro's reaction was nearly instantaneous.  Before him was a glorious display of flailing limbs, fear, and confusion. He shot forward, guided like a missile of pure instinct into his final destination; a maple tree not so far away.  Head met wood with a muffled kerthunk and it was lights out for bozo.

Reek could hardly suppress the rare and genuine belly laugh that commenced in the wake of Esaro's mishap. It had been so long since Reek had truly laughed. The response felt foreign on his tongue, but the feeling it brought was more than welcome. In truth, it had been the happiest he had felt since Scarlett had passed. It was a curious thing how the misfotune of others could overshadow one's own feelings of sorrow and insecuriy, and mask them with layer of what felt like normalcy.

"Holy shit kid," wheezed Reek inbetween raucous fits of laughter. His attention and gaze soon drifted to his limp and still form under the tree, unaware of his lack of consciousness. "I mean— You have know idea how much I needed that." The unconscious Esaro made no sound in response, and Reek's jovial fit faded as reality began to set in.

He neared Esaro's body and prodded at his shoulder with a forepaw in the hopes he would recieve some sort of a response.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
It took a few moments but after that Esaro regain consciousness. Once he realized he was laying in the snow he quickly jumped back on all fours. He looked around for a few seconds then noticed a wolf near him, quite near actually. Esaro's memory of what just happend was all hazy and just couldn't remember it yet. He asked "What.. what just happend?" He was confused and was unsure how he got here but his head started to hurt. He sat down and placed both paws on his head. "Why does my head hurt so much?" He complained.

Suddenly he remembered the situation. Someone came by to attack him and Esaro ran to find help. He really shouldn't have tried looking behind him, he was going to try to remember to keep watching where he was going next time. He started looking around his surroundings, searching if the attacker was hiding somewhere or was just nearby about to jump in or something. He didn't see anyone but the pack member that came to his rescue. "Did you see where the attacker went?" He asked, while looking around worriedly.

He never suspected that Reek was the one behind it all. In fact Esaro felt safer with him around. Being two here meant the attacker wouldn't really have a chance against them, unless the attacker was a very good fighter. Esaro was staying very cautious that he wasn't paying a lot of attention to the one who seemed to have come to help.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
The longer Reek went without a response, the more he began to worry. Time slowed nearly to a hault. The nagging thought that he had come close to involuntarily killing one of his own subordinates rattled in his head like a rock in a shaking shoe box. Head injuries were nothing to be trifled with— and a lack of consciousness typically suggested a traumatic brain injury. They were serious buisness; irreversible, and nearly impossible to treat.

After regaining conciousness, Esaro shot back to his feet in an instant. This worried Reek even more, as even the slightest movement to the spine could cause irreversible damage. "Get back down," said Reek sternly, but there was a softer quailty to his voice than ususal. "Be still."

"You ran into a tree— conked your noggin real good. I'm gonna need to check you for a TBI." Esaro's attention seemed to still be stuck on his percieved attacker, and since Reek knew Esaro hadn't put two and two together on the matter, he decided to lie. "Whoever did this left," he said. "So sit."
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
"Are you sure? He might still be around.." He said, wanting to be sure. Esaro already had enough trust in the other so he was able to feel more at ease. The male wanted him to sit down and inspect to see if there was anything wrong. He had no problem letting him do whatever he wanted so he sat down. Esaro was feeling a little dizzy but that was about it. There wasn't any major problems appearing but all he wanted to do now was lay down.

The hollow tree trunk was where he wanted to go back to to rest. But he decided to stay put until Reek was done. With an attacker out there he was starting to worry about other members. They too could get ambushed. "I think we need to go warn the others that there is an intruder around in the pack territory." He suggested. He wasn't in the best condition to go around but the situation was important and the sooner everyone knows, the better.

Realizing that he didn't know the one who saved him, he instantly introduced himself. "I'm Esaro by the way, thanks for saving me. I'm sure if you didn't show up I would have ended up a goner." He said as he looked down at the snow. 

I can't imagine the mess it would make for Reek if Esaro goes around telling everyone that there was someone attacking. Well as long as everyone believes him, but those who understand him know he doesn't lie :P
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Already, Reek could see this whole exchange would be more trouble than it was worth. Esaro just wouldn't let the whole thing go. The pack didn't need any more trouble on it's hands, especially when it came to an intruder that didn't even exist. The situation needed to be diffused here and now, but Reek still didn't want to dispel the problem with the truth. No, the pile of bullshit would tower even higher with more lies.

Reek let loose a frustrated sigh, laced with the strain of exhaustion.  He put on his most grim expression and said to Esaro, "I've already handled it."  Good. Vague. He could make of that what he will, but Reek was hard pressed to let this turn into a situation.  

"I'm Reek. I lead this eclectic band of merry has-beens," he introduced after a quick beat. It was a bit ironic to say the least, because the wolves of the maplewood had been anything but merry lately. "And I need you to look up for me."  He pointed to the overcast sky above with his muzzle. The light wasn't bright, but it would be enough to check for pupil dilation.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
"oh, ok." It turns out Reek had already took care of the problem, that's a relief. Esaro couldn't imagine what would happen if someone else was ambushed. He obviously worried about everyone but now it was all good and taken care of. With all that said, he began to wonder hold long he was knocked out. It couldn't have been that long but surely time went by as Reek took care of the problem. He just couldn't get his head around it. Time really felt like it went a little too fast when he was out. How much sunlight did he miss?

Seconds later Esaro realized that the pack member with him was the Alpha. In appearance he would look like anyone else. Since he believed every word the Alpha said, he would no doubt believe that Reek was a skillful leader. If Esaro was ever to become Alpha one day he needed to be as good as Reek was. There was a lot of points he would need to really work on. One thing for sure is that he shouldn't run away next time a wolf comes to attack. He was going to need to be braver. The goal was set, Esaro wanted to be like Reek then that meant he could be as good as an Alpha so he could make his fallen father proud.

Esaro was quickly distracted by the Alpha's order. Of course he didn't understand the point. He hesitated a little but he figure he should just do what the Alpha asked then ask questions later. "Alright." He said after looking straight up. But light snow was still falling, every little moment a snow flake would get into his eyes forcing him to blank a few times. Unable to figure it out he asked "Why do you want me to look up?" Never imagined that Reek, the Alpha, would just mess with him.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Thankfully, Esaro accepted Reek's vague explanation and dropped the issue on the spot. The alpha felt a warming wave a relief pass over him, but he was hardpressed to let it show in his features. His muscles slackened slightly as the anticipatory tension faded away, but otherwise Reek's outward demeanor changed marginally. Esaro would not learn that he had been duped if Reek had any say in the matter.  

Feeling as if he had steered their conversation into reletive safety, Reek waited patiently as Esaro did what he was told. With Esaro's muzzle pointed toward the sky, Reek worked his way into position above him by planting his forepaws and the bulk of his weight on a nearby tree. From there, he looked longingly into Esaro's eyes. "Mhm," he mumbled. Good. His pupils were uniform in size and the amount of dilation was completely normal. Bringing his body back to the ground, Reek explained, "I'm checking for a concussion. You gave yourself a right good smack." Currently, the signs pointed to no, but Reek wanted to be completely sure.

Reek took a few steps backwards and fell to his haunches in the snow. Looking up to Esaro, Reek asked, "Do you feel any dizzyness? Lightheadedness?"
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
After Reek did his checking, Esaro was able to confirm that Reek was likely a healer. There were hints about it while he was out with Laika and Spring but it was only now that he was able to understand. That meant Reek has many talents here and there. It set the bar he had to reach quite high, could really reach it one day?

He didn't think much on it right now so it didn't really bother him but right now he felt very tired, likely from hitting his head hard. "I'm feeling very tired now. Maybe I'll go take a nap somewhere." It's sure that Esaro wasn't at his 100%, a little rest was all he really needed but he shouldn't try anything extreme right now.

Esaro was leaning more and more to the right. He was surely a little dizzy but maybe it was the shock that kept him up long enough to have a small talk with the Alpha. With him at ease now, it was time to serve his knock out sentence. He kept leaning until he fell over. "Actually.. I'll nap.. here.. instead." He said with his voice fading to a whisper. He ended up dozing off right where he was.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
I'll fade this one out here! I'd love to thread again with you sometime soon! Slight powerplay to wrap things up, hope you're ok with that!

Reek's questions were answered as soon as Esaro fell slack at his feet. Esaro wobbled, and eventually fell into the clutches of a hazy sleep brought on by his injuries. Reek wished to keep Esaro conscious long enough to examine his condition further, but his slip into the subconsious was unavoidable. A quick jolt of panic surged through Reek. Without a proper examination, it was impossible to discern the full extent of damage the tree had done. If he fell into a coma in his sleep, Reek would have to bear that weight for the rest of his life.

"Get up," he coaxed with quick prod from one of his forepaws, but Esaro made no movement. He was out like a light. Reek hissed in frustration. "Fucking fuck." It seemed he would have to stay and watch him sleep until he regained consciousness, so Reek settled in into the snow and made hismelf comfortable. This was going to be a long day after all.