Silvertip Mountain One cycle around the sun
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Pack Activity 
Starting the treasure hunt! Three day rounds, so I'll start the next round on Wednesday, February 3rd. If you miss the deadline, just jump in whenever; also there is no post order! You can post as many times as you want per round too. Small pp with Zaria; let me know if you want it changed Mar. Tagging all for visibility @Zaria @Mason @Steady @Krypton @Chaska @Moon Shadow @Alastor @Atari Silver @Will @Peak @Mara Susi

FitzDutiful felt as though life had changed dramatically with the changing of the seasons. In one cycle of the four seasons he had become a father, lost a mate, gained a mate, substantially improved his pack and hopefully had more children on the way. He wanted something special to celebrate the mid-winter for he had founded this pack in mid winter. None of the original founding members were here any more, none save him, but that didn't matter. The newest members were as true to the pack as the oldest.

Now he went to his pack meeting spot, the stony clearing on the edge of the lake that fed the waterfall into Ravensblood Forest and lifted his muzzle calling to all of the pack members. He expected everyone to attend - with the exception of June - and made that clear in his call to them all. Come, now; we have a game and pack bonding to do. Zaria probably at his side by now, but they had spent the morning hiding things down the sides of the mountain. They had clues to help the pack find them and they were going to split into teams and find them. The first team back won the bigger prize of the deer rump at his side, along with all the treats they collected along the way. Four items were the two teams to hide, but the only thing predetermined was that Steady would lead one, Mason the other and FitzDutiful had decreed Zaria to provide the clues for Mason's team. He wanted to let her see how grown up Mason could be with leading a team; he deserved that position.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Krypton was out and about, just enjoying the views of the light snows around her. The winter hasn't been too bad lately, she had seen many beautiful sights. However, she wished to see the sun again. She missed being able to rest in its light and snuggle in the warmth. Her attention was brought back though when a howl echoed through the land.

Alpha FitzDutiful was calling everyone for a pack bonding. How fun! The woman couldn't contain her happiness, she enjoyed playing games and having fun with others. With a jump in her step, she trotted quickly over to the area, a large smile on her wolf face. She arrived no later than a few minutes, seeing FitzDutiful with a large deer rump next to him. Why was he not enjoying the meat? Zaria was there as well with her mate.

The woman settled down quickly, bowing her head to her superiors before settling down, a smile still etched onto her lips. "We are doing a game?" She asked, her canadian accent flaring with excitement. She couldn't care at the moment, she wanted to have some fun!
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
Best thing you will ever see
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
You can always assume Zaria is by his side! :D

Zaria didn't really think of the aftermath of her possibly being pregnant. She kind of knew that being in heat would result children but she was not really thinking that she was pregnant. The peanut sized kids in her belly hadn't effected her much. The slender female kept up to speed with Fitz and hiding the four items. She then followed him to the meeting place, however instead of standing she was sitting down. Zaria was much calmer currently than she was before. It would probably be noticed since she had been so aggressive so now she was almost eerily quiet, though her face looked pretty content compared to her normal scowl.

She awaited their members with her mate, tail curled against her body. Zaria thought she was just feeling like this because she had felt extensive period of rage. She kind of like the current serenity that she was sporting. It would probably also help with her having to watch over Mason's group. This would be a good time where the young male could prove himself.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady was asleep up in his den, partly on his side, partly on his back, as stretched out as the den would accommodate. Recently, he had alternated his patrols from day to night, feeling a need to keep up the protection when everyone else was sleeping. It made sense to him, seeing as how most wolves slept at night. Anyone who wanted to get in might think that was the perfect time. However, that meant he slept through the morning.

The howl awakened him instantly, though he only opened one eye to begin with. It wasn't a trouble call, but it did say that everyone needed to come. Not one to disobey a summons, Steady rolled upright and crawled out of his den, yawning and stretching his muscles before shaking his fur out. He was a bit too tired to run at full pace, but he did trot to the meeting place.

A few wolves were there before him, but he was glad to see he wasn't the last to arrive. It might send the wrong message for a co-Beta to be the last one to a meeting. He greeted his pack mates and Alphas with a tired grin and a wag of his tail before taking a seat next to Mason. As he waited for this to get underway, his eyes were feeling rather heavy, and it was difficult for him to keep them open. At one point, he began to lean towards Mason before jerking himself back up. Stay awake, stay awake, stay awake, he told himself, over and over. The chant, however, wasn't helping all that much.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska had been resting, his head on his forepaws, when his ears perked up at the howl. Normally, he wouldn't question the reason for it in his mind, but this time it certainly made him curious. A game? he thought. He stretched with a yawn, then stood up and started off with a quick pace. he had to see what this was all about.

Soon, he arrived, slowing down to observe everyone there. After observing, he sat in his own spot, giving himself a scratch behind an ear. After, he looked to Fitz, but not before shooting a quick smile at Krypton and Steady. His tail swayed around every now and then. He wasn't too excited, for he rarely played. All there was to do now was wait for the rest to arrive.
261 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Mara followed the howl upon hearing it, and reached an area where multiple wolves gathered. FitzDutiful then announced how the pack would be bonding through a game. How convenient. She thought, and it was, with just becoming apart of the pack it would definitely be easier to communicate with wolves in a bonding activity versus just an average day. Candidly, she was excited for this, finally being apart of a family once again, but on the outside she held a serious stare and listened to the Alpha. 

She wondered who'd she be meeting, which she was no longer afraid of. With Steady explaining how this was more than a pack, but a family trust, she chose to believe other wolves be kind, or at the least attainable. 

Mara had yet to speak to either Alpha's, but both seemed friendly enough, she hoped her prediction was correct, but little made her doubt this was wrong. She had only been here for a small about of time, and already was a bit overwhelmed with social conducts and keeping them in mind, even though she's still had little interaction with many wolves here.

Maybe Atari would show up and she'd have someone to converse about it with.
40 Posts
Ooc — Rose
Moon shadow had been hunting the moment she heard the howl and was very excited when she realized it was a howl to everyone. She hadn't yet met every wolf in her pack, though she had met many. She liked everyone of the pack mates she had met and thought she could have many friends here. She was excited to bond with her pack and ran towards her alpha's howl.

She soon came upon the meeting place coming across many familiar faces. She sat down looking at everyone, though focusing her attention to Fitzdutiful waiting to learn the rules of the game. She hoped she would have a fun time with her pack mates and make more friends.
Epsilon
52 Posts
Ooc — Bella
Atari was wondering around the territory when she heard the howl of FizDutiful. He called the pack for a game. A game? If I must go. Atari started heading towards the call, FitzDutiful would probably start the game at the waterfall. The place where she met Krypton, as well as Zaria, when Atari first joined. When she reached the waterfall there were some familiar wolves there as well as two unknown wolves. One unknown wolf had a dark coat, a black coat. The other was a grey and white color. Atari would meet them after the game, if she had time. Which she had lots of time, the female didn't have a job at the moment, this made her feel useless, she didn't like feeling useless. She wanted to be helpful, even if the only job she got was patrolling the border, she would be more than happy with that.

The female put her focus on the Alphas that were in front of her. Zaria and FitzDutiful. Atari lowered her head and tail. She didn't say anything. The girl didn't feel like talking, she was in a quiet mood today but if anyone did want to converse she would respectfully reply back. There was a reason for her quietness, it was simple really. The poor girl was feeling home sick, her heart felt like a million pounds. The female wouldn't show her home sick feelings. Maybe this game will help me get rid of this sick feeling. Even if the game didn't help, the feeling would pass eventually.
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Journeying had, for the time being, been put off. He knew not when he would set out again, but knew that currently was not the time to do so. So, while he'd lingered along the borders, he had not crossed them. He'd looked out over the land beyond the boundaries of the pack's land, watching everything and working to decide where he might go next. There were any number of places he could travel to and explore, plenty of blank spaces in his mental map of the wilds. Each greyed area was in need of being filled with colour, placing it's own mark on the outline within his head. Thus far, he had only the paths he'd taken while going to places with a purpose, so the idea of traveling just to travel interested him greatly. At times, it grew difficult to hold himself back, but somehow he'd managed to do just that.

Alastor had been trailing along the eastern border when a howl rang out over the land, summoning the entirety of the pack. A game was planned for them, such was made clear by the message, and he wondered just what type of game it might be. Wishing to find out, he abandoned his aimless wandering and headed in the direction the call had originated from, pace brisk. He slowed only when he could see the outlines of the others, and then stopped once near enough to hear once the leaders began to speak. There he stood, silent, awaiting details concerning the game to be given.
Come on love me like a Kamekazee
We'll go down in flames together

Thread titles are from Simon Curtis' "Super Psycho Love"
Zeta
I am powerless in this hospital for souls
68 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Sorry for being late! Sick in bed :(

The ghostly male was late to the howl, it seemed. His paws carried his scarred body to a group. He quickly dipped his head. He was out looking for some herbs, and hunting when he couldn't come across herbs. He was pretty far away when the pack was summoned. When he appeared, he moved in the pack quietly, offering a dip of his head and small smiles to those he gave him one. He shook out his fur, and pricked his ears up to see what the howl reason was for. Everyone seemed to be relaxed, so he knew it wasn't a medical, or at least severe emergency. He kept his body at a less dominant position, respecting those above him, just showing respect.
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Mason bounced onto the scene with enthusiasm. He trotted right up to his Dad and Zaria, planted an affectionate lick on his father's cheek and then turned to more sedately and carefully bump the underside of his step-mother's muzzle. He then turned and paced away a step before he seated himself, jiggling excitedly on the spot. Other packmates were there, and his Uncle showed up a little later, looking all cool and swarthy, but pretty tired. Mason grinned at him, and would have made a quip about having a lady-friend if his dad hadn't been in earshot. Fitz could take things too seriously sometimes and Mason didn't want Steady having to explain his life away about not really having a girlfriend.

As his large Uncle sat next to him and visibly drooped, Mason reached across and nudged his Uncle back into place. "I'm sooooo gonna beat you, you lazy fish." He said in an undertone to Sted, before turning to innocently face his Dad and await instruction.
261 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
@Peak

Mara noticed Peak sitting beside himself in the group, and, in an attempt to be more social, made her way through the others and sat beside him. Hopefully, he wouldn't mind her being there, but if he did she would certainly leave to listen by herself. When she first saw Steady, she was about to approach him, but with him being Beta she questioned if it was even a good idea. "Hello," she said quietly, but with a small tone of kindness.
Zeta
68 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
The ghostly male was surprised to see someone reaching out to him. He dipped his head politely and gave a sweet smile. "Hello, Mara as I remember? How are you doing?" he asked quietly, though quiet was his usual tone. He let his tail wag a bit, and dipped his head to wolves that looked his way, trying to be polite, and not be obnoxious.
261 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Mara could tell he was a little insecure or uncomfortable. Perhaps he had anxiety? "I'm doing well, and you?" she questioned, tilting her head to the side a bit and giving a half smile. Hoping to lighten the mood and get him more comfortable. It was unusual for her to see other wolves show submission and respect to her, since that that long ago, she used to be the bottom rank.
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Round 2 begins! Round 3 will start Saturday 6th. This round is the "picking" round. Again no post order; but feel free to RP the reactions of everyone being 'picked'. It might be easier to wait for @Mason and @Steady to post first, if you can, so you have some reference. But here are the teams:
Mason's team includes Atari Silver, Chaska, Mara Susi, Will
Steady's team includes Alastor, Krypton, Moon Shadow, Peak.

Pick order:
Atari Silver, Alastor, Chaska, Krypton, Mara Susi, Moon Shadow, Will, Peak.

Everyone arrived, and promptly too, FitzDutiful smiled to see them all arrive. He nodded to Krypton's question but didn't say any more until everyone arrived. Little bits of chatter broke out, and FitzDutiful let it carry on until it was time to begin. Clearing his throat to hush the simmer, FitzDutiful looked around the group with a cheerful expression.

"We're doing a team; a team building exercise. There are various meat feasts hidden down both sides of the mountain. In teams, the aim is to work together to find each piece - by solving riddles and following clues - and the first team with all its members back here wins. Mason will be heading one team, watched over by Zaria going down the north side of the mountain and Steady's team will be watched over by me to go down the south side." He let that all sink in before carrying on.

"Each team will be made up of two Middle Tier and two Lower Tier wolves. The middle tier wolves will be picked first and then the team captains can pick from the lower tier wolves." FitzDutiful brought a stone into view. It was odd with one side white and another side black. "I'm going to roll this to decide who gets to pick first. White side up means Mason picks first, black side up is for Steady." With a knock, FitzDutiful rolled the stone and it landed white side up. "Mason, start by picking who you want on your team first."

He smiled and waited.
Best thing you will ever see
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Zaria was still quiet at Fitz called for everyone's attention, following by his explanation of how everything would work. The female listened carefully but she had already discussed this with Fitz so she knew what was about to happen. Fitz was rolling the sides of who was going to pick and instead of interfering the alpha female watched over the group, wondering who Mason was going to pick. She just leaned quietly against her mate, even yawning once, not because she was bored but mainly just tired.

Mason and Steady picked their wolves, dividing the group. Eventually Zaria pushed herself to her feet and moved herself to Mason's side and the wolves he had picked. He had picked Atari Silver, Chaska, Mara Susi and Will. Zaria was pleased with having Atari on their team since she wanted to be a hunter and was already a good tracker. She did not know much about this Mara Susi but she did like Chaska. So that was a given. Will was also picked, he had been accepted by her. This was a good way for the male to show her if he could live up the the expectations he had painted for himself.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
It seemed this was going to be a team effort, and an opportunity to interact with pack mates in a different manner other than the usual day-to-day stuff. Steady was to lead one team, and Mason the other. His nephew pushed him back up into a sitting position, and kindly gave him some encouraging words as to who was going to win. Steady snorted his disagreement, thinking he could have made a quip about who was looking over Mason's team, but Steady felt that might have been a low blow, even though he knew Mason would be fine.

Mason got to choose first, and Steady waited patiently for his turn, looking over his pack mates as he started to think about who he would pick. In the end, he choose Alastor, Krypton, Moon Shadow, Peak. He was satisfied with his team, especially knowing they could both follow direction well, but had their own ideas to contribute.

Steady encouraged his team to gather in a bunch, though before joining them, he playfully attempted to shove Mason. See you at the end. I'll be with the winning team, he said with a grin.

So sorry for the confusion! I picked the wrong team! XD
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska went over to his team leader, Mason, as he grouped them up. He sat down, awaiting patiently to hear the plan. Looking around, he examined each of his teammates. None of them he had met personally, so he knew nothing about how they acted. But he was sure Mason chose him and them for a reason.

Giving a quick glance at the other team, he observed them. He wanted to give them words of encouragement. He had good team spirit, and respect for any opponent. Unless they tried to kill him for a stupid reason. He turned back to the others. "What is the plan of action?"

got the notification. fixed now
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Hearing her name to be called for teams after the brief explanation from FitzDutiful. Steady's team would search the south side while Mason's would search the north side. She was actually quite surprised Steady picked her, she though he did't really like her at the moment. With the whole "disrespecting your superior" thing, she felt as if he really didn't care for her. Of course, that could be different now, but she was unsure.

The Canadian felt pretty pleased though, Steady had more experience than Mason did, maybe there was a stronger chance to win? Mason could pull a trick from his sleeve though, this would be a close game for the pack. The earthy wolf felt a little sad that Will wasn't on her team, she enjoyed spending time with the dark male.

Walking over to the beta, she was sure to lower her hackles and stature (though it was hard since she was huge). She sat down near Steady, facing the direction he was, not daring to make eye contact with him. The grounds she shared with him were a bit shaky (to her honest opinion), she was being extra careful. "Beta Steady." She said calmly and swiftly, craning her head to him and bowing it. Never hurt to do a  little bow of the head to show respect, it was much better than having to expose her neck. "Any game plans?" She asked the dark one, ears flicked forward and a smile etched onto her face.
Zeta
68 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Peak was picked by Steady, nice to see him once again. The transparent male walked upon his team, dipping his head in greeting to everyone gathered around. He shot a teasing look at @Mara Susi, with a smile. He ducked his head back in the crowd of wolves. He saw Zaria yawn out of the corner of his eye. Aw, to bad she can't just go and relax. She looks exhausted. He thought, but didn't say. "I'm sorry for interrupting, but I have a few ideas if that is ok." He said shyly, keeping his head down. He moved in closer so the rival team couldn't hear him. Hopefully his ideas wouldn't be ignored.

Being somewhat of a healer helped a bit. "First, we should run. Running seems to open your senses to smell. I realize this is not a smelling competition, but smelling well could come in handy." He said before ducking his head once again. "Unless you don't want to, then that's ok. I was just giving ideas." He mumbled shyly. If a wolf listened to him, he would be highly surprised, and if he was allowed to talk more, he would give some more ideas. He shuffled his paws, before shaking out his neck fur, as he felt something drop on his neck fur, sadly, and embarrassingly revealing the extremely large scar across his neck. The pasty man fixed his fur before hopefully anyone could notice. 

Peak waited for a response from the others, which as a wolf with very low self esteem, he expected a poor response. They didn't have to run the entire trip of course, but a short run could help out. If allowed to speak, he would say something about strong smells, sometimes they opened up smelling glands. He gave himself and Mara credit for his therapy trials to get her smell back. Ideas he came up with for Mara, would be used against her. Oops. This would be a funny story to tell her tomorrow after Steady's team won.
261 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Mara was disappointed that she couldn't be in the same group as Steady, since she had trusted his leadership already. Along with not being with @Peak, but she smirked back at him and winked before he turned his attention back the others. She decided to instead mope about being in a different group then them, she chose to be positive. This was the perfect chance for her to get the know the pack a bit more. Besides, she did have @Atari in her assemble too, and she had already found interest in Mason. 

She tried to forget that her sense of smell could affect the chances of this, but it still existed so she didn't worry. Walking up the Mason and the rest of the split pack, she focused on the plan. Her mind wondered to the other wolves and she began to observe their body types.
Epsilon
52 Posts
Ooc — Bella
Atari had sat and was a bit out of it, stuck in the endless train of thought. She wasn't thinking of her caretaker but about this pack, she found it interesting that they played games. She used to play games as well but it was rare, very rare. She didn't care, she was to busy trying to hunt. Hunting was her game.

The female's eyes looked empty and just stared at the ground. She barley even blinked, she was oblivious to the outside world. No sound could get through, only little mumbles here and there from other wolves. The females vision was blurry, she didn't notice, she was watching a life movie in her head. If someone wanted to get Atari's attention they might have to tackle her, or at least slap her.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Krypton's relaxed body near Steady's gave her a little hope he didn't hate her, or at least strongly dislike her. It made her feel a bit more comfortable than before. The light male, one she hadn't really met before, oh what was his name? Mountain? Ridge, not that didn't sound right! She couldn't remember, someone told it to her but she never really had the best memory, 'specially when she was the tiniest bit tired.

Hi spoke about running, of coarse that was on obvious answer. Running would shorten up the time it would take, Krypton wouldn't have to worry about being loud for once! The male continued, speaking about how the sense of smell would be greatly needed. Since there were small feasts along the way, it would be important to be able to sniff out any scents of meat and/or blood. The female liked the light-colored one's idea, but it was a bit... obvious in her honest opinion.

She noted how he lowered himself in a shy manner, he wasn't very confident to her. Then again, they had a beta in their presence, she couldn't blame him. Her tail thumped against the ground in a happy manner, she casted him a kind and gentle look.

"A good idea indeed. However, speed and our senses will not be enough. Remember, this has riddles which will require intelligence and wits." Krypton spoke with a monotone, but in a graceful manner. Her nose was still slightly damaged and healing, her large paws would make her body be loud and slower than the rest.

However, riddles were something she could do! Being a lone wolf for over a year somewhat had its perks. Mostly she grew up to discover things and solve problems on her own.
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Sorry!

Mason listened to his Dad, tail thumping. When it was explained how the teams were to be picked, Mason blanched under his white fur. What if he upset anyone? Zaria overseeing him didn’t bother him much. He was trying to stay as far away as possibly from his Step-mother but his father clearly had other ideas.

Mason then had the awkward task of picking first. He went with a mixture of those he knew, and those newer members he wanted to get to know – so that he could build on relationships between pack members. Steady gave him a friendly yet competitive nudge, and Mason booted him back before dancing a few paces away to keep his team separated from his co-Beta’s.

Zaria had sidled up to the young Beta by this point and he rolled his ears towards her in acknowledgement before he waited to see whether they could set off yet.
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
So so so sorry for the delay! Life has completely erupted for me since last Wednesday. Anyhow, this is the last round for this thread. Be on the lookout for the team-based threads coming in the few days or so. I'll archive this on Friday, 12th

FitzDutiful listened as the teams were picked, finding the selection curiously exciting. It was nice seeing Mason picking a few of the newer members as well as some of the old ones too. It appeared as those both teams were pretty evenly balanced. With all the picking done, FitzDutiful noted that the two teams were coming up with tactics and seemed eager to get going.

"Alright," he announced when it was all said and done. "You've got a few minutes to get some sort of tactics in order if you want to and then we'll give you your first set of clues." The two teams would be working independently but he had been prepared for that situation. "Remember, all your team members and your 3 hidden items must be back here. The first team to meet those requirements wins!" He was curious how that would cater for their slower team members, or the ones unsure. Still, a great bonding exercise as well as a, hopefully, fun game.