Ravenshook Cliffs the dawn will come
267 Posts
Ooc — Laur
All Welcome 
Wanted to play Atreyu again even tho he's all depressed and broody now lmao COME LAUGH AT HIM

The haggard creature made his way back, trudging a slow yet deliberate path along the coastline. Out there, there was nothing, nothing for him, and he would surely die if he spent any longer within the wilderness outside the Teekon Wilds. Here, at least, he knew the land and where food was plentiful — and the packs, though he avoided them currently. One in particular he gave a wide berth to, alert for any Moonspear pack member's scent. He was a failure to them. Especially Charon and Floki and...what was left of their family. He couldn't go back.

Atreyu turned over a piece of driftwood idly with his dirty and scarred muzzle, not expecting to find much. To his surprise, a small crab scuttled out from its little shelter and into the fading sunlight of the day, where it quickly made for the ocean. The boy took three awkward bounds for it, then promptly gave up, falling into an exhausted sit. His sides heaved, revealing the outline of ribs beneath shaggy, matted fur. He panted, watching the meagre would-be meal disappear into the waves. A whine rose in his throat, panicked and desperate. Fuck. He had made it back to the Wilds yet he was still going to starve to death.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Maybe Steady can convince him to come to STM ^_^ I'm going to set this to before Fitz' death for my timeline.

Steady had decided to wander from Silvertip Mountain early that morning. It wasn't often he left the comfort of the borders of his home, but he had been so stressed about the Neverwinter Forest pack, that he just needed some time away. He promised himself he wouldn't be gone long.

He skirted through Deepwood Weald, and around the plateau, coming to the cliffs that lay behind it. He came to a stop in the sand as he eyes caught sight of a wolf. He couldn't quite determine the color of his thick coat, but underneath he was obviously thin, and he was missing part of a front leg. That didn't lend any help in his hunts, Steady thought, as he watched the male in a failed attempt at a meal.

Steady was full of empathy, and his morals would not simply let him walk away. He supposed he could at least introduce himself and offer up some help. Walking towards the stranger, he let out a huff, hoping the other male could hear it over the waves crashing into the cliffs. He stopped a safe distance, in case this wasn't going to be a pleasant meeting, and Steady needed a head start on a getaway. Hello, he started simply. I'm Steady.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

267 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Oooh, might be interesting! And no problem!

It seemed luck was on his side today, as — of all the wolves in the Wilds — an empathetic soul came across him, though Atreyu did not know that yet. He looked up from his sad, angry glare at the ocean as the stranger released a huff before introducing himself. The boy stared, confused for a moment. "What?" he replied blankly, not realising Steady was the man's name.

He studied him, a large, black shadow of a wolf with similarly dark eyes. He was intimidating, Atreyu would give him that. He suddenly felt quite small, and so heaved himself onto his feet in an attempt to appear less so. It didn't help as much as he hoped. "Your pack?" he asked demandingly. He couldn't quite place the man's scent, though was thankful he wasn't from Moonspear.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The other male stared blankly at Steady. He must of not heard him. My name is Steady, he repeated, a little louder this time. An ear swiveled in slight uneasiness. He didn't want the other male to think he was yelling at him, but he did want him to be able to hear him.

While Steady was a warrior, and fought well, he never thought of himself as intimidating in social situations such as these. He was generally a nice wolf, unless something brought out his protective instincts. Then he was a force to be reckoned with. But, right now, this male had nothing to worry about.

The stranger stood, and Steady watched him closely. He was no fool, and knew others would attack for no reason whatsoever. While he didn't seem threatening, Steady caught the demanding tone in his voice. Steady's eyes narrowed ever so slightly, but he answered. I'm Beta of Silvertip Mountain, he said. Carefully, he took a few steps forward, decreasing their distance a little, his tail held at neutral, his ears perked in interest. What about you? he asked. He didn't particularly smell like a pack, and Steady had a good idea that he may not have belonged to one.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.