Redhawk Caldera summertime sadness
you can't wake up, this is not a dream
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
A voice called out – one too close to not be directed at her, and just as her muzzle begin to nose at the water in an attempt to clean herself a bit, she shot it upward, her eyes jolting to the direction of Peregrine in surprise. The rabbit lay at his feet – and before she could comment, he informed her they had moved the den site.

She stared at him, surprise written upon her features quite clearly. Her father held the art of remaining stoical – Allure had yet to learn such techniques. “I guess so,” she noted, feeling quite dumb. And yet only the other day, she had been closer to the den – Fox had left one of the newcomers to go back to her pups at the den site.. so the move must have only happened not long ago. And of course, she had not been notified, as she was not family, nor trusted.

His next words would have elated her from the rather depressing thought – and yet she gave a gentle shake of her head, only then realizing her full intentions as she came from the water. She had wanted to make it work – but with her father returned, and Kaskara pregnant, fate had a funny way of reminding her where her family truly lie, even with the changes her father had wrought upon all of the Frostfur’s. “I don’t think that’s a good idea,” she murmured, pulling closer to him as her muzzle dipped lower in humble submission. “I.. I found out my family is back in the Wilds. My aunt is pregnant.” Her ears slid back to the crown of her head then, wondering if the man before her would be so consumed by anger he would strike her. “And I need to be with them, now. I don’t.. belong in this family.” She paused then, her eyes straying between his cheek and his paws. “I’m sorry, Shithead,” she murmured, not realizing that even despite remaining in their ranks since the winter, none had even bothered to correct her on the false name he had provided her.. and how stupid she must have looked believing it.
Are you deranged like me? Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Messages In This Thread
summertime sadness - by Allure - April 26, 2016, 05:47 AM
RE: summertime sadness - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 26, 2016, 08:27 AM
RE: summertime sadness - by Allure - April 29, 2016, 01:40 PM
RE: summertime sadness - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 29, 2016, 01:53 PM
RE: summertime sadness - by Allure - April 29, 2016, 02:01 PM
RE: summertime sadness - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 29, 2016, 02:06 PM