Kildeer Rest cloak and dagger
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary
All Welcome 
@Sitiyok - but it looks like leah may have gone inactive so i'm gonna open this up to anyone! we can forward date it if need be

The grassy plain seemed to roll on for ages. It was relatively sparse with wildlife and landforms, though it very well could have been the territory’s only saving grace. Without proper foliage, the locusts would have almost bypassed the grassland altogether. Still, stalking through the landscape, Gluska had found a few of the plague bugs’ bodies resting atop the earth. Crinkling his nose and snorting at the large insect, the coywolf kicked up his pace and set out across the terrain with a steady lope.

Perhaps Caiaphas was the intelligent one of the three. She had taken her land beside the sea. Locusts could not delve into the depths of the waters to destroy the habitat there. The dark-masked woman would have been able to collect fish and other creatures to feed her pack.

Sharp yellow eyes suddenly snapped to a small lump that was attempting to burrow its way into the earth. The vole was not plump, nor was it large in size, but it was alive and unaware of Gluskap’s figure. Dropping his wiry frame towards the earth, the coywolf closed in on the prey animal with frantic movements from his long, thin legs.
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
The rogue queen strode forwards on strong ebony paws through scattered locust carcasses, sniffing her way to nowhere. So far, her sister's scent hadn't been found: Spring was not here, nor had she been as far as Amber knew. As onwards she went, she found herself drawn towards the scent of a male. Light were her paw steps, gliding across the land towards him with her tail wagging. She came at him from a front angle, and as she saw he was hunting she stopped her movement alltogether and watched with curious blue eyes. 

Actually the date works perfect for me :3
[Image: Z077D80.jpg]
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary
<3

As the vole scuttled away from him, the coywolf remained in hot pursuit. Just as he thought the small creature would slip from his paws, the skeletal figure sprung upward and arched his back before landing on top of the prey animal with light paws. His eyes flashed hungrily at the sight of the creature between his feet, and he bent down to sink his teeth into its neck to assure that it would not be scuttling any further. Just as he did this, his citrine gaze caught sight of an inky figure and he furrowed his brows for a moment, wondering if the woman was there for his food. She did not look hostile to Gluska; her tail had flagged a moment before and her eyes seemed to bore into him with curiosity.

Flicking his tail upward, the coywolf drew his tongue across his lips and muzzle before housing it. Not certain that he should speak to his onlooker, the ochre-tinged male simply watched her with a strange sense of bemusement. Should she try to take his food from him, he was certain that he could pluck it from the earth and dart away in enough time… but she had yet to make her move. So he gazed on at her with a curious expression.
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
The hybrid made his catch, and Amber let out a congratulatory chuff before padding forwards a few steps. The little bite would do little for her, and since it was still early in this shortage of food, she still had a good amount of meat on her bones. There was no need to steal from another. Neither said anything, and the woman continued to come closer, tail still swinging behind her.
Not too close, she didn't dare make him uncomfortable, but eventually she called softly from her spot a few yards away.
"Hello. I promise, I won't take your catch."
Straight forward, as usual. Confusion, in most situations, is not a good thing. Sometimes your life is on the line and if you dont throw out the information needed right away, things would get messy.
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The dark-coated woman closed the distance in a few careful steps, and Glu watched her with a wary expression. He had known what famine would do to others; seemingly kind wolves would turn vile in an attempt to quell the hunger that ached in their guts. The inky woman did not seem to have ill intentions, however, and she demonstrated so by offering a sweet wag of her tassel and speaking to him in words that would calm the ruffled fur along his neck and spine. The coywolf bobbed his head to her graciously and allowed the muscles in his thin figure to ease as she drew nearer. His sharp canary gaze scoured her figure and he noted that she did not appear too ravaged by the lack of prey in the wilds. This was a good thing… for the she-wolf.

“You do not belong to a pack,” he observed in a quiet tenor. His narrow muzzle was extended so that he could draw in her scent. The female smelled only of the aroma of the land around them. Gluskap was not sure that he would have survived through the starvation without the assistance of the dragons. Though he was a quiet and self-serving individual, he was grateful he had swallowed his reticence for a home.
227 Posts
Ooc —
After closing more of the distance, the ebony queen places herself in a sit and offers yet another calm smile. She no longer has to call out to him, but there's still plenty of room for him to snatch his kill and run if he was still nervous. He made a correct statement of her lack of a pack, and she thought with a wince that itd been nearly a year since her packs destruction.
"You are correct. It's been a year since I've had a place to call home. You seem to be a pack wolf, no?"
She sniffed towards him curiously, catching scents of the Dragons he called family. She'd not yet found their borders or their scent, but none of that mattered: if Spring wasn't there, she wouldn't be either.
"Do you know of a girl called Spring Ciel?"
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The stranger brings herself closer – close enough for conversation but still allowing the coywolf his space to flee if he felt the need – and arranges herself in a sitting position. Glu allowed himself to lower his own rear to the earth to be seated with her. He was strange and oftentimes abrasive, but he was not altogether impossible to converse with. Though the little witch doctor had not found many companions who could endure his personality for extended periods of time, he imagined it would happen eventually.

Once the woman had made herself comfortable, she took into account his few words and the cadaverous male watched as a solemn expression crossed her dark features. He was not certain he wanted to pry about her previous pack life, though he knew the pains of wandering for a year. He had spent just over that in an attempt to locate his sister outside of the wilds and had not managed to find anything. “I am,” he confirmed with a swift bob of his head and a small curling grin that revealed pointed canines from under his lips. “I belong to the Sleeping Dragons.” Beyond this, he did not imagine she would be curious.

The inky stranger then went on to inquire to him if he knew of someone specifically. His lengthy ears swiveled on his crown and he frowned at the question presented. Perhaps she had scented this woman on his coat and that was where her inquiry stemmed. Alas, the coywolf could only shake his head in response. “No. Are you certain she’s here? The famine drove many away,” he spoke.
227 Posts
Ooc —
In truth, it was a question she planned to ask of all she met. Even if her little sister was not around, perhaps someone will have known about her and could point the shadow in her direction. He seemed confused by her question, but was right in assuming she was no longer interested in his pack. 
          "I don't know where she is, so I've decided to ask everyone I come across in hopes to get a better idea. My name is Amber, Amber Ciel." 
Her name seemed a trivial thing, but she said it anyways. Those she crossed would remember this queens name, be it in a good way or bad. So far, however, this male had been kind, and so Amber assumed he would be on the list who spoke her name with kindness. She'd barely so much as glanced at the male's prey since their conversation started, and her tail still swept around every so often.
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary
“So you’re related,” he observed further and with a short flick of his tail. It was interesting to think that this woman would have avoided that information when explaining the other girl. Gluskap then wondered if she was leaving it out on purpose, or if she was simply gauging him to see if he was worth telling. The thought brought back images of Kaliska, and he found himself missing the dark-coated temptress. Her tricks had always been above and beyond his caliber for trouble, but he had always been quick to follow suite. Glu often wondered where his slate-eyed sibling had vanished to, and if she fared well. Perhaps this dark woman was only doing the same, though he did not know her relation to the aforementioned Spring.

Something of a thoughtful expression made its way to his features and he looked to her with a frown. “There are many packs that have been established here. You may have your work cut out for you,” he warned her with a short shrug of his shoulders. As if apologetic to this, his ears swiveled around on the top of his head and he glanced towards the food at his feet.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Amber nodded at his first words, but having found no reason to explain that or why it was relevant, there were no more words about it. To the dark woman, she got her answer: no, and no longer was she interested in where he came from either. She would find her dusty sister one day, join her in her endeavors, but apparently it wasn't now: according to this no-named wolf, there were a good many packs around. The thought of checking each one for Spring was rejected at onces, though she would be sure to scent everywhere she came across throughly, and would question anyone who happened to cross paths with her. 
            "I'll find her in due time, I'm sure."
Amber's bold blue eyes didn't follow his to the meal, but instead past the male to survey their surroundings.
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary
It had slipped his mind to introduce himself to the dark-cloaked woman. It had not been intentional of him to simply decline the sharing of his name; after all, she had offered her own with an openness that he did not seem to possess. “Well I belong to the Sleeping Dragons, but I will say this… if I come across your Spring, I will tell her… that… Amber was looking for her,” he finally remarked with a swift nod of his slender skull. Glu held an expression on his face as if the female should have been pleased he’d retained any of the information she’d given him. While he was something of an oddball, the coywolf was even more self-centered, and it was a rare occurrence to have the troubles of others remain in his mind.

Almost as if the thought had come in, last moment, striking the skeletal little figure, he looked to her with bright eyes and flicked the tip of his tail. “I’m Gluskap,” he introduced in a sweet voice. But the dark female seemed as though she had found greater interest in the surroundings beyond him. Curiously, he flicked a single ear to the side.