The Sentinels When there was a challenge to take
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
and this is for anyone! Family still welcome <3

For late spring, the day was turning rather warm, and the noon hours found the Beta male sprawled near the family's place, keeping an eye on things to give Osprey a rare break to stretch her legs. The pups protested, of course, but then again everything seemed an ordeal when you are that young and small.  

Amused and enthralled, he scooted closer, beginning to hum softly to himself.  Despite the stress of the month and the ones that would follow, he was rather content.  It was a nice feeling, this.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
<3 did my roll in chat, got a 6 which is a catch (:

Aria could very well have been considered MIA for the past few weeks. Since she had returned from her mission she had not sought out any of the other leaders-- espeically Lasher. She had laid low and stuck the borders, much like she had when Casmir has disappeared. She had kept as far as she could from the pack without abandoning them completely. There had been less than enough food to fill caches with, but ever small rodent she caught she brought to the cache nearest Blue and Lashers den. Lately it'd been closer to Osprey and Dante's home, as they had newborns to deal with.

Aria had yet to meet any of the children, but she couldn't contain her need to meet the babies. She moved towards Dante's scent uneasily, holding a small mole in her jaws. As she approached, she saw him at the mouth of the den, letting out a low bark in greeting. Her head was low and her tail wagged at her ankles. She prayed Dante had been too busy with the pups to care about her lack of interaction with her packmates. 
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
sorry dear! <3
Aria was in luck since Dante was in far too peaceful a mood to turn accusatory.  He had indeed been busy and calling her out, if he had happened to notice, would have been hypocritical at best.  All were struggling to get by, after all.

The food she carried was an extremely welcome sight, and he let out a sound of appreciative greeting as she approached, rising to meet her properly.  "Aria, hey."  One ear was on the den behind, the other on his packmate.  "Are you here to meet them?"  He asked with no hesitation - she and Lasher were surely free to visit, though he liked to keep an eye on any visitors and knew Osprey likely felt the same.  Parental instinct was hard to kick, even among friends.  They were small yet, after all, if rambunctious as well.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Dante is calm, and speaks to her in a kind voice. Her tense muscles relax slightly and her tail wags a little faster. She nods and speaks through the furry vole in a clear voice. "Yes, I am, I heard that you have quite a handful," she says, although that isn't necessarily true. She's heard that they have pups-- and that's as extensive as her knowledge goes.

"I brought food," she says, pointing out the obvious. She steps towards the new father and drops the limp corpse at his feet, glancing back up at him. 
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"You haven't heard wrong," he replied with a chuckle, easing his way out and turning to fondly glance back at the family pile.  "Thanks.  I appreciate it."  It was heartfelt, and he picked up the prey to set aside for when Osprey was ready to eat.  He would hold off until later; he wasn't eating for four.  

Then he slipped in, gesturing back to invite her for a closer peek.  The pups were resting quietly at the moment, so he didn't move to disturb them.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Right away her rump begins to wiggle along with her long tail. The man had graciously accepted her gift, and now he beckons her closer to see the newest additions to Donnelaith's proud family. She smiles at Dante, thrilled that she would get to see the babies. She follows him inside-- only barely-- and lowers herself humbly before all four of them. Seeing that they were resting, she makes no noise, but has thousands of questions to ask. Have they named them? Who is the first born? Could she help out? Oh she longed to speak-- but knew better than to wake sleeping children. Instead she just stares gleefully at each tiny body, watching as their stomachs-- surprisingly plump from their mothers milk-- rise and fall as they breathe peacefully.

She nudges Dante's leg from below, a silent congratulations to him, her tail still wagging slowly behind her.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He smiled at her congratulatory nudge, a loving pride filling him as he showed off his little family.  He let her look on them a while, knowing how the sight of pups could delight, but after a bit motioned her back out.  Like she, he had no wish to disturb them.

"They are a lot, but I don't think even I could have anticipated how worth it it all is," he confessed to her.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Aria steps back with Dante, her tail wagging happily behind her. "Oh I bet," she says, almost purring with excitement. "This... This is your first litter right?" she then asks, her head cocking to the side. She sits down, a little ways away from the den so Dante can be closer and so their voices do not disturb the pups. "Are you nervous?"