Chimera Fields φως του φεγγαριού
79 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Shimmering, falling, then up again. The moth's thin wings struggled againt the breeze it fought, being tossed about in the night filled by moonlight. It dipped threateningly low before soaring high again, drifting in the direction of the trees. Artemis watched this spectacle with interest, eyes catching the patterns on the moh's downy wings. But eventually the breeze lessened, and the moth fluttered toward the forest, out of sight.

The moon was full, or almost so, this night, and the coyote ran across the meadows under it's light. She revelled in the perfection of this night, when the moon shone so clearly and bright from the heavens. Artemis was one for refined beauty, and the budding meadow under her paws lit by moonlight was much to her fancy. A ground squirrel took fright at her approach, and without a second thought she darted for it. Her jaw clamped around it's body, and she killed it quickly. It was not in the laws of the wild to let prey suffer, as it was the being that kept one alive and sustained one's body. She trotted a while with the lucky catch in her maw, wanting to find somewhere safe to eat it.
I promised I'd always help you, and I always will.
144 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Harley had wandered from his mountian home for the second time since joining in search of, well, who knows. He was of course hoping to find something of use to Althaia: he'd become smitten with her, despite the fact they'd barely spoken since her capture. The wolfdog was hoping to find something to help her heal faster, though in truth his knowledge of herbs was slim to none. His offer to help her get better was one from the heart, not one with knowledge he already had. Harley's job was simple, though. She had a broken leg: not much to do other than make sure she kept off of it as long as she had to and keep any wounds clean. 
A slender, pretty creature caught the hybrids amber eyes, and Harley watched the coyote make her kill. She headed towards him, clearly not seeing the male padding towards her with his tail wagging and a smile on his sandy face.
79 Posts
Ooc —
She chose to ignore the wolfdog. She knew of dogs, stuid, stupid creatures, and wolves, too, and did not think such creatures worthy of her time. But, alas, he was coming toward her, a smile on his maw, and Artemis, thinking that he would steal her prey, did not increase her pace but dipped her maw and quickly swallowed the little body, tiny bones and all. Two bites and it was down her gullet, and she looked at the approaching creature with eyes that spoke of cunning and a bit of aloofness. "Wolfdog" she said simply, evenly. It was the best greeting he would get, until he proved himself somewhat intelligent.
Artemis is stuffy- sorry!
144 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Harley noticed her gulp down the prey she'd caught, and couldn't help a small chuckle. Though the thought had indeed crossed his mind, the shepherd was just too kind at heart to steal another's lifeline. Her queen-like attitude made him laugh too, and he fixed her with his orange eyes as she finally gave some sort of greeting.
"Coyote. Good way to get indigestion, you know, swallowing things whole because you assume things."
His tone wasn't as cold as the words, in fact he seemed almost playful about it all. He was a very smart creature and didn't miss the fact she looked down on him for his breed. It stung, but he ignored it and set to gain equal grounds with this girl.
79 Posts
Ooc —
Hmm. So, he wasn't a rock, after all. This made the coyotess warm to the creature slightly, though his laughter had set her on edge at first. She allowed herself a rare chuckle at his words, this one showed promise. Though one or two words had slipped from her grasp, she worked to remeber them and learn their meaning. "Bad to approach one in middle of famine. Could get eaten" she said, but not cruelly, in an even tone. She knew he had nothing to fear from her- she was much smaller and did not like the taste of wolves very much. Her accent still clung to her words, rich and exotic sounding, though she wished to purge her words of it completely. She wished to fit in.
144 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The tawny woman seemed to thaw a little bit to him, and Harley felt a slight sense of accomplishment. Her accent brought his ears to a perk, though the words were garbled. It was as pretty as she was, in some sense, and his attention was for the moment held by her.
        "I'm not one to steal, but I suppose you are right."
He hoped she knew that he was no danger to her, but she didn't exactly seem worried so it wasn't something he pushed. For now, he was content to converse and perhaps make a friend.
79 Posts
Ooc —
She doubted that he was not one to steal. No one was. You could say you were, but in truth, your standard were only tested in the direst of situations. And then, only those truly good, and often truly stupid, held on to their morals. She proceeded to ask him of this "But, wolfdog, if your family starve, you not steal?" she asked. She would, without question, steal to save those she loved. That being, of course, if they were still alive. It was to some a moral predicament, and they oohed and ahhed over the question, but to Artemis, it was simple. Family first, loyalty first.
144 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Her question brought thoughts to his mind, and for a moment he leveled his amber eyes on his paws. WOULD he steal for his family? For his pack? Thinking back to his siblings, his aunt and father, he decided that he would indeed steal from them, but only if he hadn't the energy to hunt himself. For the pack, however, he would not: perhaps before they'd taken a thrall, yes, but the treatment of Althaia was downright disgusting to Harley and his loyalty to them waned daily. 
          "For those who share my blood, perhaps if I could no longer myself. It would, though, take a lot to push me to such things. And, lucky for you, there is not one who shares my blood for many days walk."