Broken Antler Fen Not your alpha, but I look like him.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
Burke noticed there had been a pack settled here, curiously so. He didn't know that there had been a pack one day travel away from his previous home. He couldn't deny that the location would be plentiful if the famine hadn't happened. The male edged closer, careful. After all he was a lone wolf now and he needed his family to provide for. Yet, living in Black Feather Woods for 1,5 year meant that his scent did not fade easily. The strong scent of the swamp that was connected to those woods would probably go away with the next shedding.

Still the male was curious who had settled here. The large male approached the borders, sniffing the air. It was familiar in a way, though he could not placed it. Burke stepped closer to try and sniff one of the scent marks. He was not sure what to think of this pack or if it was hostile or not. He did not know that it was actually the pack of his son that had settled here.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl patrolled the borders much more often now, since the prey was beginning to come back and Sebastian was out more often. Refreshing the border scent was a priority, so she asked everyone if they could start border patrol again. 

Not much had happened recently, but today was sure to be eventful. Since Seb was out tracking herds, she didn't expect to see him so soon. But apparently his trip was cut short, because here he was, on the border. Sniffing the border though? That was strange. "Hey Seb! Back so soon?" she called out, still a distance away, but picking up her pace to embrace him.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke snapped his head up when he heard someone call out to him. Though... they called him Sebastian. Sebastian!? Did that bastard live here. The female that approached him did not come to his memory, they had met before but Burke had long forgotten the minor meeting.

The large male snapped his head up and stepped back. His docked tail raised, and pale eyes suspiciously on the female. He took in the scent, now realizing why he knew it. That bastard founded his own pack. He bared his teeth before the female would come closer. "So this is where the bastard went," he huffed, taking some distance from the female and those borders.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
As she got closer, Pearl quickly noticed the small differences that made it obvious this wasn't Sebastian. Rather, it was his father. Now her father-in-law. Yaaayyyyy. 

She watched him move back from the borders, and instantly got defensive of Seb. "Hmm, yeah. Right back at ya. I happen to be that bastard's mate and the Alpha, so I suggest you explain before I call him over here." she said, fully bluffing. She was glad to have the upper hand, though, because unlike him, she remembered their little meeting.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke let out a snort when he heard the news that Sebastian was officially the alpha here. The male grunted, because by the scent of his borders he had a pretty large following. This female only needed to howl and probably their whole pack was here. She even spoke about calling for him. Hmm. Tempting but if it came to a fight that would be bad for his travels with Malice.

"No need. I did not come here with bad intentions." The fact that his apparent son managed to found a pack and rule them so that there was an impressive border around this location told him that his son had some of his blood after all. They had very different mindsets and probably wouldn't get along ever. Their relation had been too troubled for that already. "I was just passing through and I smelled your borders. I was merely curious about your numbers and who leads it. I've got my answers."

Burke looked over her. At least some of hai genes would make it to the next generation even though they would be raised to be weak minded. He could make horrible comments to the female questioning how often she had to lay with his son before he made her alpha with him. Yet thinking of his son he probably wouldn't have done such a thing. The male let out a sigh. He had been right about those lands. How he was betrayed once more. Maybe it was just his personality that made others betray him. "You can tell him that I am leaving these lands. Tell him... You can tell him that I am impressed he started a pack from a scratch and made it through the famine with such strong numbers. Even though we probably never agree on certain things I was not there for him to learn my way of life. Hopefully he finds some peace with those words," he spoke with a nod. For once the older male sounded genuine which might surprise the other. "Oh and keep your mate from trying finding me will you? He will probably get all sentimental and I am not going to deal with that. He should leave me be. The battle axe is buried. He should focus on his real family."

that turned out differently than I thought it would haha
Lurker
217 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Valtyr is just here to back Pearl up! Warrior trade activate!

The Sveijarn just happened to be scouting the Fen for signs of returning moose when Pearl's scent wafted on the calm breeze. 'Must be on border patrol,' he thought to himself as he made a beeline for the alpha's position, keen to break up his monotonous day. However, as he trotted across the skrim, a strange alpine scent bloomed on the air. The young man hastened his pace until Pearl's alabaster coat came into view across from Sebastian's silver... hold on a hot second... that isn't Sebastian.

The firefoot noticed Pearl's defensive posture. His sandy hackles rose instinctively as his own physique stiffened when he sidled besides his leader. Only the last gruff words of the dark vagabond - He should focus on his real family - was all Valtyr was able to catch of the tense exchange. Truly, this was the first abrasive stranger Valtyr had ever encountered during his time in Broken Antler Fen and it suddenly dawned on him how weak their guard was. The southern pack enjoyed little competition, and the Sveijarn wondered if it made them defenseless.

Valtyr's gaze shifted to Pearl, as if to intone backup was here should she need it. He said nothing to the stranger but watched him with a skeptical leer, ready to intervene should their parlay go south.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl's defensive stance weakened into a neutral one as Burke suddenly changed into a softie, completely confusing her. In a way, she could see the similarities between him and his son, no matter how strange it sounded to herself. It was a plesant surprise that Burke chose not to throw out insults, but rather complement his son on his accomplishments. She noticed Val coming to help her with the situation, but she saw she didn't need any. 

"I'll tell him," she said, blinking as she tried to decide whether to thank him or not. May as well, seeing that this was the last time she'd probably speak to her father-in-law, as completely ludicrous as that now sounded. "Thanks, and...good luck to you," she said in farewell. She'd be sure to mention the visit to Sebastian, sooner or later.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched with wary when another male came to stand next to the pale female. He had tones of fire in his fur. The male stepped another step back, he was not going to piss off two wolves for the sole reason he would need all his strength to guide Malice, Aeronwyn and the pups to a new home.

Burke gave a quick nod in reply to the pale female, not telling her where he was going. It was not needed, besides he didn't want Sebastian to follow him. It seemed he was settled here just fine. "Good day," he spoke to both and then turned around and trotted away.

- Burke exit -

Feel free to continue so Val can talk more about his trade idk? :D