Silvertip Mountain Seeing The Nurse Again
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Private 
For @Krypton. Couldn't think up a better thread name

It seemed rest was the best call for the grey wolf. He had managed to get up. Through his newfound stubbornness to get walking again, he didn't pay mind to each flaring step. Chaska just wanted to go around, see the sights. He grunted with each step, muttering under his breath.

He must have walked for some time, cause soon he found himself at the same path he fell down those few months ago. How he would give everything just to go back to that, when he was telling stories and getting along much better than he was now. Sure, he seemed to get along with those me met. But at first, he hadn't. He wanted them to leave him be, and soon after changed his mind. He sighed longingly for those days again, his tail and ears drooping.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
The newly crowned beta was making her rounds once again, though a familiar scent made her stop in her tracks. It was so strong, something that was pulling her forward to chase it. Who had this scent? It was not her nuclear family, nor the other STM wolves. Taking another deep sniff, she soon recognized it as a wolf she had grown close with. Chaska was back!

She bounded to the scent, following it loyally before coming across the grey male. He looked much different, having a torn ear and scartches on his face. Krypton stopped to examine him, though she gave off a loud yip of excitement. "Chaska! You're back!" She said excitedly, loping to him with her tail wagging quickly.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
In front of Chaska's nose a scent waved by, turning his head to the oncoming wolfess. His wound was on the opposite side from her, and he wished to keep it that way. Having people ask about it, it kind of annoyed him with all their worry. Though if they ever asked, he was just too used to answering that he did end up telling them how he got it. Well, partly.

"Krypton!" He paused for a small moment, ears drooping. "I am sorry for leaving. I..I had some things to take care of."  Ever since coming back, Chaska had more and more guilt from leaving in the first place. And if there was anyone he would ever share why he left, it would be her since they had shared things in the past. He could trust her to keep it a secret.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Chaska seemed different to say the least. He was less excited, less open, and almost a little depressed. The beta sensed it quickly, her head tilted a bit at him. She decided to leave it be for now and would question it later.

"no matter! I'm just glad your back and in one piece!" She said happily, though she took notice of his scars more and feared what happened during his travels. Her smile faltered a bit as she craned her neck to examine him closer. "Chaska? What happened to you? It looks like you ran into trouble while traveling. Did someone do a number on you?" she asked, pointing out the obvious blindly and curiously.

((you get my 300th post :o))
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"One piece? Not so much." His chipped ear flicked to show off what he meant. "I ran into a little trouble. Nothing to worry about. I'm still alive, aren't I?" Of course he was. Or he wouldn't have been standing there. He smiled the best he could to show he was fine and raised his tail a little, but it twitched as he readjusted himself on his legs.

His smile faltered, his tail falling back down."Okay, so maybe not totally fine. But I've been better" he lied. He knew what would come next, or he guessed. The conversation would move onto what happened to him, and he didn't want to talk about that. So he quickly attempted at diverting the conversation. "What have you been doing? Still looking after fall victims?"
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
His responses made her worry, the tawny woman looking over him once more. She could feel his words come off a little rushed, as if he was trying to hide something.

she was about to ask something, but Chaska changed the subject to a light question. Krypton laughed a bit, shaking her head. "Luckily none have fallen down a mountain side. I've mostly been teaching new recruits and stuff," she said.

soon, she stopped her little laugh and settled down. Although it would be really rude to ask Chaska, she had to at least know. "What happened out there?" She asked, wanting to know the truth.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He managed a smile once more at hearing her little laugh. He always smiled when he made someone laugh. It was good to hear she was doing well, training the newer members of the pack. His clipped ear flicked however when she went on.

"Kryp, it's...it's nothing. Things just didn't go the way I thought they would." A glint of guilt and sadness darkened his face. "Please? Just drop it? Let's talk about the new members. I've met Ezekiel. He seems like a nice guy. And Niita, she is very kind."
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Krypton felt her ears flatten, a bit hurt by Chaska's unwillingness to open up. What was he hiding from her? Did he not trust her enough to tell the truth? The beta frowned, but tried to keep her mood light. Chaska's question did just that.

wearing her mask, Krypton made herself smile before thinking of a good way to describe everyone. "He is, just a little rough to meet at first. Niita is very sweet, like you said and very mother-like. The other tawny wolf, Anita, likes to annoy Zeke but is still kind. And Reiko is just as innocent as can be. Phocion can be a flirt, but nonetheless hard-working" Krypton spoke highly of the new recruits, happy to have met all of them. "They are all enjoyable wolves to be around, you ought to meet all of them" she said, hoping to encourage the old Chaska to come back.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
So that wasn't just him. Ezekiel seemed to be a bit rough at first with everyone. Then again, so was he now. And he nodded in agreement to what she said abou Niita. Even though at first, it wasn't like that. But that was mainly his fault. 

"I have yet to meet those other three. I might get to that then." He went to move forward, forgetting to balance out his weight. He almost cried out in pain from his wounded leg making contact against the ground. Rigth after, he made sure Krypton wouldn't worry. "Fine. I'm..fine." A failed attempt to be sure as his pained face made that lie obvious.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
He seemed to want to meet the others, though his legs didn't want to comply with moving. Before her eyes went down Chaska, in a very ungraceful and painful manner. Krypton almost flinched for him but saw him climb back up in a very feeble manner. Worried, she stepped forward and examined him while he finished standing up. She caught onto his pained facial expression quickly, her ears flattened a bit. "Liar" she said lightly, soon walking around Chaska and observing him closely.

He had a major wound on his leg that made the healer's eyes widen. It looked bad, and almost close to becoming infected. Fearing bacteria taking away yet another family member, Krypton's eyes shot straight to Chaska. "We're going to get this treated right away before it becomes infected," she stated. "And I'm not taking no for an answer."
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
His ears flattened when she said that. He didn't like being called a liar. But here he was, obviously in pain saying he was absolutely fine. "What gave it away?" he jested. Or at least tried to with a pained, witty grin. 

"I didn't exactly have access to herbs on the way here...It would be a welcome thought though to have free movement." He knew she wouldn't take no for an answer. He learned that from the last time she played babysitter for him. "I know you won't. Just get it over with. Please."
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
His jest to his injury made her roll her eyes and shake her head, but a small smile etched itself onto her dark lips. Krypton discareded the rest of Chaska's words and went straight into medic mode. She looked over his wound carefully, thinking of a good way to clean it off. She soon came up with an idea, though it would take a bit longer than expected. "I need to go and gather some herbs, stay here" she instructed, soon turning around and dashing towards the ravine.

She would first clean the wound with moss soaked with water. That would remove most of the dirt and somewhat the bacteria from spreading. Then she would have to find a couple marigolds and use them for wound cleaning. Lastly, cobwebs. As silly as it sounded, cobwebs could stop any bleeding but also hold the herbs in.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska nodded and tried to relax himself. He knew that standing for this wouldn't be good. He'd most likely continuously flinch, only making it harder on herself. As he laid out, moving his injured leg out behind him so it was easily accessible, he thought about things. How he got it in the first place, having left in the first place, if things could have been different. The last thought he remained on for what seemed like forever.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Krypton returned as quickly as possible, chunks of moss inside of her mouth with marigolds sticking out of her lips. She didn't find cobwebs just yet, but she would find them in hollow trees and patches of tall grass. Setting down her supplies, the beta looked at the wound before picking up the moss bunch and pressing it against the leg. It would sting for a few seconds, but the pain would subside. After letting it sit for a few seconds, Krypton began to wipe the wound gently and remove all of the dirt. It looked a bit better without all of the dirt on it, and hopefully, that would keep bacteria out of it. She remained silent through the treatment, knowing that talking wasn't going to lighten the mood.

Turning and grabbing the marigolds, Krypton began to pluck the petals and place them on the wounds gently. With a bunch of sweet-smelling petals on his leg, Krypton spun on her heels and trotted towards the base of a tree. Small, thin webs wrapped themselves around the base tightly as if it was a blanket. Slowly, she unraveled the webs from around the base of the tree and brought it back to Chaska. Using her wet nose, she wiped the webs onto the wound, over the flower petals. "There." She said, surprised how it looked now. "This should speed up the healing process." Hopefully, Chaska would stay out of trouble from now on and not hurt himself anymore.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska watched silently. He mentally prepared himself for all the pain, as if he was about to get operated on. But Krypton was not operating, only applying medicinal herbs and other less painful things. All he did was wince a little. The stinging wasn't too much, more like puppy teeth on a foot. He couldn't help but remember the last time she took care of him like this. 

Then she grabbed the flowers and began plucking petals. "You aren't going to make me eat that, are you?" That part of his amnesiac state had returned to him. And he still hated that taste. Instead she placed them on. More wincing ensued.

Soon, she was done after putting the cobwebs on. He didn't even think of daring himself to move it, lest it all fell off and went to waste. Or it started bleeding again. Not something he wanted. His ears splayed out, as he thought that he couldn't have asked more of her. Such a true friend, yet at the start of this conversation he had closed off about how he got it. And he still was going to, no matter how much he thought to himself of doing the opposite. "Thank you" he murmured. He remained there, not daring to move.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
When Chaska caught sight of the flower petals, he must've remembered when Krypton played nurse with him last time. She chuckled a little, shaking her head no. "You're lucky you have a topical wound rather than a wound on the inside." She joked, soon settling down after the entire treating process was completed. His thanks made her smile towards him, then nod her head. "No worries, playing nurse is a pretty fun thing for me."

She noted how quiet Chaska seemed, along with how still he was. "You know," she started off, her ears twidling. "You can move around and all. You just have to take it easy and move a little slower. Try to keep the petals and webs in." The last thing he needed was for the webs to break and for the flowers to fall out of the wound.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska liked the sharing of jokes bacn and forth. It helped the mood get to a joyful level. One he would rather over his depressed state. He grinned happily at the jokes they shared. "Anyone else falling off mountains?" he asked with a cheeky grin. "Or am I still your first amnesiac patient?"

He tested the movement after she told him he could move. It seemed to do fine, and already felt better. Then again, that could have been his mind telling him he would be fine. "I'll try. I guarantee I will." Saying that assured him. Made him feel better. "Krypton, you have been a great nurse to me...We should really stop meeting like this. Just once, I'd rather us meet when I'm not myself or injured."

I'l make this my last post here
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
"Nope, you still have that title all to yourself." She said, her grin mirroring his. It was good to see him smiling again, it looked much better on him then a sad frown. It was quite the situation she had met him in, he literally fell down a mountainside and had amnesia for a couple of days. It was almost too comical to be real.

He thanked her for playing nurse again, joking that they should meet somewhere where he isn't getting hurt. She only nodded and smiled. "Definitely, you worry me too much." She said, her tail wagging happily.