Totoka River Screaming into the pillow
9 Posts
Ooc — Ali
All Welcome 
all welcome but please let @Aniu reply first!

The two fell into an easy relationship, they understood each other. Aniu didn't push her to reveal anything about her condition nor did she treat her condescendingly. The disfigured female was considerate, she made sure to tap Silence before speaking to hold the deaf girl's attention and she spoke clearly so that Silence could read her lips.

At first Aniu seemed to think she had some obligation to take care of Silence but soon realized that the deaf girl could take care of herself. After that it became an equal care for the other. Silence walked on Aniu's right side, making it easier for the two to travel without constant fear of not being able to  detect threat.

The river was crystalline, so much so that it appeared to reflect the azure sky above their heads. The puffy clouds floated by above and below, the two females being reflected as well. Silence grinned at her reflection, making a silly face as she padded alongside Aniu. Turning to her companion, she checked to see what the other thought of this place.
I needed you to stay but I let you drift away.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Aniu was not a generally trusting wolf, the result of abandon by many of those she had cared for. She had come to believe good things didn't exist in this world and if they did, they weren't meant for people like her. Aniu found she couldn't keep a wall up with the girl, Silent was too trusting and too much like Layla to keep her at a distance. 

Aniu found herself allowing Silent to travel along her right side, enabling Silent to warn her if danger came from her vulnerable side. She became Silent's ears, or the good one anyways, and Silent became her eyes, at least the one that didn't work. Aniu had allowed Silent to choose which direction they went in and after much pointing at the sea, she realized the deaf girl wanted to follow along the ocean. They had skirted around a pack territory, having decided to avoid it. 

The disabled duo found themselves at a reflective river. Aniu chuckled as Silent made faces at her reflection, glancing around in awe as she turned her head to take in every angle with her left eye.

think I just coined a nickname for them. The disabled duo or DD XD
Caught between a strong mind and a fragile heart.
9 Posts
Ooc — Ali
gonna go ahead and reply since no one else has and a slight twist so that they can get moving towards Tuktu. Also I love the nickname :)

Silence noticed Aniu smiling as she took in the silly faces the deaf girl was making, Silence's own smile growing in size. Aniu never smiled much and Silent had made it a goal of hers to make Aniu smile as much as possible. Maybe even get the disfigured woman to laugh. 

Silence slowed to a stop, allowing herself to take in the view fully from where she stood. The duo hadn't had any plans as far as where they were going, just travelling along the sea but they couldn't do that forever. It wasn't likely a pack would want such a pair, one disabled on her right and the other completely deaf and mute.

Silence reached out, nipping Aniu on the shoulder lightly to get her attention. Once she had it, Silence turned and pointed her muzzle outwards, towards the southwest. It wasn't a complete turn around from their current direction but it was pretty close. Silence felt a strange urge to go in that direction. Pointing silently, she hoped that Aniu would agree.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Aniu too had worries for the future. It was true on both accounts that they could not wander the ocean forever. Eventually winter would come and with it a lack of prey and little plant life. They would have to find somewhere to winter, whether they joined a pack or not. It was unlikely that they would find a pack willing to take in the pair, given the nature of their hindrances. 

Aniu turned, feeling the nip on her shoulder and watched as Silent pointed out towards the way they came, it wasn't exactly the way they came but more of a diagonal to the southwest. The agouti had to turn almost completely around to see the direction and then her good eye flicked back and forth between Silent and the direction she was pointing in so keenly.

With a sigh, the larger female turned in that direction, smiling softly as she shook her head. Making sure that Silent was looking at her before she spoke, Aniu gave the girl a fond look. "Let's get a move on then," with a chuckle, Aniu began to lope away towards the southwest.
Caught between a strong mind and a fragile heart.
9 Posts
Ooc — Ali
Silence lets out one of her rare time deaf noises, something between a yip and a groan of happiness. The noise punctuated with a large grin as she strikes a play bow pose, excited for their journey ahead and relieved to have a friend who understands her. Already Silence has begun to think of Aniu as a permanent fixture in her life and cannot fathom losing her new companion.

The wolfdog responds to Aniu's teasing by speeding up, galloping after the longer legged wolf before her. Hope blossoms in her, certain that they will find their own people soon.