Sleeping Dragon don't be shocked when your history books mention me
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 

Each morning, Thuringwethil worries if this will be the last day of their queen. She wants to push for an answer just so she can know, can figure out the next path of their mountain, but she doesn't bring it up either. When Gyda knows, she will tell her, and in the meantime things go as they always do. Except with Gavriel back, her nights at Gyda's would likely become nonexistent and more time she's able to spend alone or occupied. She does make the at least daily trip to the den and check on them, but for the most part she sticks to the borders to strengthen them for any upcoming changes.

If Gyda were to step down, her time will likely be spent within the borders and her frequent trips would lessen. Something she didn't get much of in Seageda, as the sole leader, that Sleeping Dragon had been able to provide. While things are likely to still be different, and Drageda wouldn't ever be able to become a hint of her former home, she knows the path of their mountain could be drastically different.

It is times like these she would go to Magpie and actually utilize her but her absence has proven to be permanent and she's left alone with her thoughts. She'd be able to craft her cabinet as she saw fit to assist her lead and they could easily revert to Drageda law. A rumble in her chest surprises her, pleased with vibration, as she makes to rub her shoulder against a tree. The thoughts remain chaotic in her head but she knows, whatever her queen should choose, Heda will be all right.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Wildfire felt the old, familiar itch to hit the road, burning beneath her skin. She couldn't wait to see her family, catch up with them and make sure they were all right after the famine. Still, she dreaded being away from Drageda. She would miss seeing Thuringwethil daily, not to mention those tiny, squirmy puppies. Goodness, she had it bad for them. She hated to think she would miss even one day of their growth, yet she reminded herself that she hadn't even met her own younger brothers, who were probably full-sized by now.

She wouldn't be heading out for a few days yet, so the yearling savored what time she had left before her expedition. Today, she decided to seek out the commander. She veritably craved some time alone with her, simply to savor her company to stave off the withdrawals that would surely hit during her trip. That thought made Wildfire's lips twitch into a bemused smirk even as she tipped her smudged snout into the air, located Thuringwethil's scent, then easily traced it down to its source.

Feeling a little cheeky, Wildfire checked to make sure the coast was clear before sidling up to the Heda and thrusting her head beneath the curve of the black woman's throat. "Oh hello there," she greeted, tongue flicking out to sweep the commander's lower jaw.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Footsteps catch her attention, ears swiveling on her head as they come closer and closer. Her gait doesn’t change, remaining an easy, relaxed trot as the younger girl comes up next to her. She turns her head as the other hooks her nose beneath her chin, warm tongue gently caressing her jaw. Thuringwethil lowers her nose into the kiss and enjoys it for a moment but she pulls back after a few seconds later and nudges her to leave space between them. Slate eyes heavy on Wildfire’s features and the distance she has to keep remains a flickering smile.

While Thuringwethil doesn’t have an advisor to assist her, or any other subjects that make up the build of Drageda, she doesn’t have anyone to turn to. She knows she can’t bother Gyda with these things, for fear of pressuring her into a decision she doesn’t want to make, but she’s unable to fully let the thoughts go.

“Can I talk to you?” the young leader murmurs, smile erased from her features, and she positions her head forward to watch where she’s going. She keeps her eyes ahead, looking back and forth over the borders for any sign of disturbance, ears attentive, but she keeps Wildfire within her gaze. “There might be some things changing here, sooner rather than later.”
Trigedasleng · Common
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Being pushed away stung a little bit, though Wildfire understood. Her lips continued to curve into a smile even as she stepped back, amber eyes fond as they regarded the commander's face. It faltered slightly at Thuringwethil's words. The yearling swallowed heavily as a jolt of fear passed through her. Had the Heda reconsidered their relationship? Wildfire's heart sped up and she bobbed her head. She tried not to read too much into the suddenly unhappy look on her companion's face even as she braced herself for whatever bad news was forthcoming.

Her breath gusted out of her in an embarrassingly noisy way at the Alpha's next few words. Her brow furrowed and she repeated, "Changes? What kind of changes?" Did she dare hope this didn't have anything to do with the two of them? Feeling like linen stretched tight on tenterhooks, her lips pressed together and she silently regarded Thuringwethil, anticipating elaboration of some sort.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Perhaps if Thuringwethil were a little less oblivious, she would have realized the error. Wildfire's tension surprises her but her sudden released of breath causes the woman to turn her head slightly to make sure she's okay. It's brief and she has to refrain from getting closer but she notices the weight of her feelings. What fairness is it for either of them to keep this a secret? She grinds her teeth, focusing at her purpose when the other responds.

"It's possible Gyda might be stepping down now that the children are here," she says, slowly inhaling a long breath and releasing it in a quick gust. Telling someone else relieves the weight from her shoulders as the whole thing comes to light. She would be the sole leader of a Drageda, as is their right, but without her cabinet, it isn't nearly as easy. She's struggled enough sharing the lead with the Viking and she's hopeful she hadn't done too terribly against her friend. "If she decides to step down, Sleeping Dragon will shift into Drageda, and for the most part as Seageda has always been for generations. I will be educating as much as I can for the transition to those not from my home.

It is what I am used to, what I have been trained and prepared before I ascended. The difference is, is I had the wolves that we're apart of my leadership,"
she explains but swallows a lump in her throat. They had all died by her hands, as it were meant to be. Now, rebuilding has been trickier without the rest of Seageda beneath her. "I know your skills as a scout are well earned and you've done well to learn about our ways. I was hoping you'd want to be the ambassador for Sleeping Dragon?"
Trigedasleng · Common
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
The next few words out of her companion's mouth caused such relief that Wildfire nearly sagged with it. In fact, the reality of the situation took several seconds to hit her. Wait, what? she thought, suddenly going rigid and blinking loudly. Truth be told, she didn't understand what Thuringwethil meant about Drageda and Seageda. She was still a little boneless with relief that she hadn't just been dumped, not to mention reeling from the idea that an Alpha female would step down right after having children. It didn't make a lot of sense to her, though Wildfire didn't voice that thought out loud, of course.

She stayed quiet as Thuringwethil continued, explaining about the state of leadership. That leaves you all on your own, doesn't it? she realized, shooting the Heda a sympathetic look. Although Wildfire had no doubt the commander would be fine in a solitary post, it was clear that Thuringwethil didn't find the situation ideal. I'm here, the Sjötta thought, trying to convey it with a quick nudge of her muzzle to the Heda's chin. Wildfire didn't aspire to step up herself, though she would gladly do whatever it took to stand behind Thuringwethil.

The next question out of the Alpha's mouth took Wildfire entirely by surprise. Stupidly, the yearling didn't realize the connection between leadership and the position offered to her, in spite of the obvious segue. She only saw that Thuringwethil needed support and felt that she, of all wolves, should be the wind beneath her wings. With no idea what she was actually signing up for, she immediately breathed, "Sure. Yes. Of course. I'd be honored." And that was the truth. She felt a warmth bloom in her chest at the acknowledgement from the woman who was both her commander and her companion.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil doesn't except the girl to know the ins and outs of their culture but in due time, she will. Or so she hopes. Taking the position would require some extra study hours but she doesn't suspect it'll be difficult to put some time aside. For some of her wolves, their lives would become easier and familiar and one day she can return her claim to the home of Fos Goufas again, as they should be. The thought is shaken from her mind just as quickly as it comes.

"Good. There will be a decision in a few days and a meeting following it, if she decides. Everything will be announced then," she explains. "Dio has been taking the time and learning our ways and will likely take Wocha," she adds so that maybe she won't feel alone or left out, or that she might not have someone to relate to. When it comes to her advisor, however, she has her eyes on a few of her own wolves that might be suitable. One of Seageda blood will be ideal, having lived their life immersed in their culture.
Trigedasleng · Common
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
The conversation shifted back to Gyda for a moment and Wildfire wondered again what exactly had prompted her to step down from her post. It really wasn't any of the yearling's business, though, so she didn't press the matter. Thuringwethil mentioned Dio next and her lips pressed together curiously. She wasn't quite sure what it meant but it sounded like a position of esteem. Knowing what she knew about him, it likely had something to do with guardianship.

Abruptly and without warning, a light bulb flashed over Wildfire's head (figuratively speaking). Had she just accepted a leadership position? Face suddenly frozen, she rewound the discussion thus far and it hit her like a ton of bricks. She couldn't be entirely sure without clarification from Thuringwethil but, now that she thought about it, she was pretty damn sure. Her lips parted now as if she might renege on her uninformed decision, only to clap shut three seconds later.

She couldn't back out now. The commander needed her. She wouldn't have asked if it wasn't important. And Wildfire realized it was very unlikely she could have declined regardless. She would do anything for the Heda. Perhaps this might mean a more secure, stable future for the two of them. Maybe it even made their ability to form a family someday all the more likely. That thought had her heart skipping a beat. She was nervous, even scared, of the responsibility she had so obtusely accepted but, well, Wildfire was going to at least try to rise to the challenge.

First things first, though: "What is my position called? And what is it equivalent to... like, uh, what rank?" Goodness, she sounded so stupid. Wildfire inwardly cringed at herself, shooting Thuringwethil a sheepish look. "I'll make it a point to double time my studies in the language and culture," she hastily assured. Especially if she was an an ambassador and leader—oh gosh—then it was now her duty to Sleeping Dragon.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Wildfire has another series of questions and Thuringwethil slows to a stop. It would be wise to put her full attention as she unceremoniously bring her companion up, she should at least lay the ground out beneath her so she doesn't falter.

"Bandrona," she answers, at least at first. The second question doesn't exactly have an easy question. She shifts her gaze to something over Wildfire's shoulder as she considers which rank it might parallel. "As head ambassador, you are in what's called Hedonakru. It is myself, my advisor, general, and an ambassador. I won't be able to leave Sleeping Dragon as much as I used to do when I am unable, you will be our representative in my place."

Her declaration to learn their ways puts a smile on to her features and she nods, thankful she is making the right decision. "There are several here you can learn from. I'm always available, too," she says then and takes a step forward to run her snout against the top of hers.

"Mochof," she murmurs and leans gently into the girl once she's sure no one else is around.
Trigedasleng · Common
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Bandrona, Wildfire repeated in her head, liking it better than her current—or previous, now—rank. It was such a petty thing that she didn't bother mentioning it. Instead, she listened closely and carefully as Thuringwethil described the role in further detail, as well as the leadership tier in Drageda. The yearling's heart gave another anxious throb as she wondered if she was up to the task, after lying low for so long. She had never, ever endeavored for a high rank, so it was all rather sudden and overwhelming in a way.

"So... Dio will be the general? Who'll be the advisor?" Wildfire couldn't help but wonder. That made her think of Magpie and she frowned. Her aunt had just up and disappeared, as far as she knew, when things were still quite weird between them. She pushed that thought aside—hell, she pushed all thoughts aside—when the commander's muzzle slipped against her own.

She enjoyed the closeness for a moment, eyes closing as she leaned into it, before breathing a quiet confession into the space between them. "I never aspired to something like this, you know." She flashed back to a few tense conversations with Floki, who had wanted the two of them to be a Beta pair. But it hadn't been meant to be, just like the two of them hadn't been meant to be. But this... this felt like the right fit. "But, ummm... this feels right," she hummed contently, not only referring to her new role but to the bond between the two of them.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
“I have not spoken to Dio yet, but if he is ready, then yes,” she tells her. Dio has proven himself time and again his asset to Drageda. He’d been at her call numerous times, protecting the borders with vigor—if not for him, she’s sure things would have turned out a bit differently. He will fit well into Drageda, once he’s gotten the hang of things and a feel for the position. “For my advisor, I don’t know. That one is… important. They need to know the way of Drageda, inside and out,” she explains and frowns, thinking over the wolves she has here. There’s always the option of sending someone to Trigeda for help but for the time being, she ways to see what her wolves are capable of.

When Wildfire confesses she’s never sought better things within their ranks, Thuringwethil isn’t sure how to feel. It’s been nothing but her life from the beginning. Growing up knowing that she was either going to be the leader of these wolves or dead and once she’d surpassed into reigning, the freedom from leadership has always been far from her mind. But Wildfire leans into her and shifts in relief, sounding sure of her decision. Thuringwethil licks along her muzzle and smiles, nudging her along back into an easy trot, this time standing a little closer to the flame of a woman as she moves.
Trigedasleng · Common
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Wildfire could not have said who knew the ins and outs of Drageda and who didn't, so she didn't mention any names. That was entirely up to the commander to decide anyway, even if she was technically part of the pack's council now. She idly wondered if Magpie had known a lot about the culture. She certainly hadn't been brought up in it and hadn't been part of Sleeping Dragon that much longer than Wildfire herself. But the new Bandrona gently set these thoughts aside as the two of them began to run.

It felt good to have the excess energy to do this again, after so long without any sort of real sustenance. Wildfire kept her pace measured and steady, flanking the commander while standing even with her shoulder out of deference. A grin slowly spread over her face at this carefree activity. Well, she suspected the Alpha was keeping an eye out for disturbances along the border but for the young ambassador, it was the simple joy of running beside the one she loved.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil's relaxed trot manages to turn into a run, wide strides along the border that puts her restless limbs to use. If Gyda should step down, her exploration days will become limited as they were before. She'd enjoyed the freedom while the Viking liked to be at home and it might make it easier at times when her cabinet filled up. In the meantime, she'll take these little moments too. And it doesn't hurt that the cute girl is running beside her.
Trigedasleng · Common