Sun Mote Copse bitter melodies turning your orbit around
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Would you mind to date this as after this thread with Eshamun and Ar-Khalba? They can discuss the children and the sacrifice this way too.  I'll change this post if you'd rather not, just let me know!

Asherah spoke even as Arunik'ra sat quiet, her sister allowing her confession of her fears and pains. Her soft responses were soothing, limited in length but not in meaning. Hearing that her sister did not doubt her faith brought her happiness. She listened quietly, and nodded. "You are right, sister. There is a purpose for me in Molech's embrace, I only hope that I please our God and prove worthy of the blessings." She sat silent for a moment, the tear stains slowly drying on her face. It was a comfortable silence between the two females, Asherah found it full of warmth and love. Full of support. 

"Sister...I have something else that plagues my mind and has me torn and confused. Eshamun has told me once she gives birth her children will be offered to Molech. All of them. Will it always be so? I know...I know that Molech is the one who allows us to bear children...and so the life of our children belong to the Many Armed God already. On one side, I understand the need and the right that Molech has to the children." She paused, glancing away.

"On the other, I am selfish. I long for Eshamun to raise her children devout amongst us. When my time comes, should Ar-Khalba and I conceive...will those children too, be offered? I feel ashamed for thinking to question Molech's right to the lives...but I cannot shake this turmoil. How have you made peace with it, Sister? Help me to see Molech's light in the darkness of my mind."

Messages In This Thread
RE: bitter melodies turning your orbit around - by Asherah - August 14, 2016, 06:54 PM