Blackfoot Forest Line of Fire
Lurker
417 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Starting another thread.... becauussee I can :o

Misty shrouds blanketed Wapun Meadow as a singular, fire-marked wolf moved through Rising Sun Valley at a brisk trot. The sun had yet to warm the lowlands, and only a faint tint of canary yellow upon the western horizon alluded to the grand day ahead. Dewy grass clung to Tuwawi's spry limbs wantonly as she kicked into a canter, the musky scent of woodland caribou becoming evident the nearer she drew to Blackfoot Forest's treeline. No beasts dare stray from their protective canopy... but the she-wolf now knew where they slept. It was her duty, as one of the gamekeepers, to identify and track the movement of their prey, though these creatures were uncommon by the creek. Taking a mental note, Tuwawi's narrow muzzle preened the dank air — the pungent stench of fox amongst it. These woods were strange and unknown to her, though they appeared uninhabited by any other of her species.

Not wanting to be lost in the dark tangle of woods, she decidedly flitted about the sparse treeline, weaving in and out to inspect droppings, tracks, and vegetation alike. It was nice to have a reprieve from the Vale... those wolves seemed to descend far too often from their fertile crescent within the tall peaks of the Sunspire Range... choosing to laze about Duck lake, Wapun Meadow, and Otatso Wetliands nonchalantly. Why couldn't they just travel south to Greatwater Lake or Whitefish River? Instead, they seemed keen on disturbing the creek wolves. Tuwawi snorted at this thought as she continued her patrol, insitant on cataloging the prey and plants unique to this area.
currently sports a radio collar around her neck. 
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow had many new responsibilities thrust on her, though she did not mind. Being the new Beta of her pack filled her with a sense of accomplishment, that was not common to her. However, above all else she took her healing seriously and she traveled from her pack lands for the day. She had been sticking close to home lately because of Osprey and the pups and her new duties. She was trying to keep her responsibilities balanced and she was trying to do a good job. However, the simple fact of the matter was that she needed new plants and she had seen the forest near the lake when she had met Bazi and that was her intended target for the day.

She tilted her head as she traveled sniffing hither and yon among the trees. She smelled foxes and other small woodland creatures. Foxes gypsies, thieves and fortune tellers she had met a fair few in her travels as a young girl. Today she hoped to not run into one at the present moment. As she flitted around she noticed the underlying smell of another wolf and then she saw her the red furred one and she chuffed quietly so as to not startle her. Then she stood and waited to see if she would be met kindly or badly and that would be what would warrant her reaction.
Lurker
417 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Long reeds of sweet Rush tickled Tuwawi's nose as she curiously snuffled about the mysterious plants. The soft sent of field mice and voles littered its base, and though she thought to consider the plant's medicinal properties, the little mammals were of greater interest. Botany had never been one of Tuwawi's strong suites, though she regretted it now. Even though Njal had healed (for the most part) his wife had been able to do little for his wounds. Pure luck played a good part in his recovery, and perhaps if Tuwawi had been able to provide him with herbs or salves the northerner might not have slid into such a critical state.

The sound of a soft woof reached the Swiftcurrent wolf before its scent did, and it caused Tuwawi's ears to prick and tail to rise. At first, her thoughts were only of the Vale, and so her body assumed a shameless defensive and claimant posture. Her red banner waved stiffly in the air as she approached the darker female with a few lofty strides. Keen, stormy eyes traced her, fixated; a clear sign that this was Tuwawi's hunting grounds and no other's. However, the ember's figure relaxed and assumed a more neutral stance when the other woman's scent made its way through the early mist and revealed itself to be of the Plateau. What was a Blacktail wolf doing so far from home? Scouting for better hunting territory?

Tuwawi's tongue slid across the leather of her nose as she scrutinized the maiden's face. "You are far from the Plateau" she muttered gruffly, suspicious of the other's intent.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Healing had always been a huge part of Blue Willow's life, perhaps if it hadn't she would not be as fixated on it as she was. However, she was not one to regret anything and she truly did love healing and she was not ashamed that she doted more on healing than any other responsibility. It was just the simple fact of the matter. She felt that she was put on earth to heal as many hurts as she could for as many as she could, though her pack albeit her family would come first always.

Blue Willow noticed the others stance and immediately followed suit. Though she abhorred violence of all kinds she was not about to not return a bite for a bite or a scratch for a scratch if she was to get one in neutral territory. If she had been in a border area she would have acted much different, but she was not so she did not. As the other relaxed so did Blue, though not as much as she would normally.

She dipped her head and spoke softly "I apologize for starting you, yes I am from the Plateau i am the beta and Healer Blue Willow. I have come in search of herbs to replenish my stocks. I also tend to take jaunts every now and again in other territories that our neutral just to stretch my legs She wanted to make sure the other knew she meant no harm and she would never travel into borderland, it was not polite nor a good thing to do so she didn't do it. She was a respectful wolf it was ingrained in her very Psyche.
Lurker
417 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Though the dusky stranger approached with a similar posture, both women were quick to neutralize; though Tuwawi remained staunchly in place. A distinct distrust lingered the air as coal and fire wolf sized one another up discreetly, apprehensive to act too at ease in a stranger's presence. Tuwawi remained silent while she waited for the Blacktail wolf to explain what had drawn her so far from the confines of the distant Plateau. It would be a lie to say the stranger's motives did not pique her interest at all.

As the she-wolf, Blue Willow, began to speak it became clear she was of innocent intent. Hunting for rare herbs from these far-off woods was a noble cause, and one Tuwawi didn't see fit to impede. In fact, she became rife with interest when the Beta mentioned her title was healer. Almost instantly, the red wolf's posture diffused as her eyes lit up with curiosity. "Oh? You are a healer?" she parroted to show her interest in this role, "I have been meaning to learn this trade... at least the basics... though I struggle to identify plants and their properties. I only knew a few. Perhaps we could help eachother out? You teach me annnddddd... I can catch a meal for you?"

It seemed an even trade, at least to Tuwawi, and she waited to see if Blue Willow would accept the invitation. In the back of her mine, the image of Njal's injured body had been imprinted, and she was intent to never let that happen again.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Blue Willow smiled and nodded her head "yes I am a healer as were my parents. That sounds like a fair deal. What plants do you know so I don't repeat something that you already know? Blue Willow didn't want to repeat anything she preferred to teach new things that were not known that way the knowledge she offered was valuable. And besides she was always more than willing to offer up her knowledge to others especially if it helped someone to help another.

Blue Willow began a list of plants and their properties in her head especially the ones that grew near here she would have ot think on some water plants or at least plants near the water one could use as well.