Larksong Grotto Arie
housewife, also prepared to fuck you up
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
All Welcome 
help ! @Nova Rose

As the sun beat down on the grotto, the humble Grand Vicar searched for ways to stay entertained-- and cool, for that matter. Her dark fur was a wonderful furnace, holding in heat and causing her to be scorching hot at almost all times. In an effort to combat the heat, Jhala decides that fishing is a good way to be useful and cool.

Jhala head to the stream that she and Skeet had learned to fish at, sniffing at the rocky sides with interest. Her tail wags fondly at the memories, but they're bittersweet. Her large, clumsy paws take steps onto the slippery rocks, her mind trailing off as she thinks about Skeet-- wondering where he was and if he was okay. Without meaning to, she steps on a rather jagged rock, yelping in shock and slight pain. The movement she makes when she reels her foot towards her chest catches the large girl off balance, and she slips into the stream with little grace. The water runs dark crimson, and at she sits herself off she feels a jolt of pain run through her shoulder. She glances to the rocks, seeing a line of red along the edge of one of the stones, before looking to her shoulder-- nice and gashed open. "Fuuuuck," the girl growls, doing the only thing she knew to do-- lick it clean.

But hey, at least she was cool. 
Sister
Though she be old, she is fearless.
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
As she usually did, Nova Rose was wandering slowly around her home, ever finding new places to nap and hunt tiny treats for herself. The famine had taken a toll on the old lady, it really was amazing that she'd survived, but she knew she'd never be in the same shape as before. She was too old to be building muscle and keeping fit, but what gave her more of a fright than getting fat and unattractive was the fact that she would die soon. 
Sure, if she was lucky she'd make it another year or two, but there was no denying that her time on Earth was limited. What came after, would Raas keep her safe and remembered? That was the worst thing ever, she thought, what came after death. What was she to do with everything she'd learned in her lifetime? Grace was no longer around to teach, and at the moment the golden elder was planning to visit her. Never would she go to the borders of the Keep, only close enough that howling for Grace would bring her and only her. 
Nova's attention was caught by a yelp of pain, her ears swiveling backwards just before her face turned to Jhala. The dark female was one she'd never met, but the first she did see of the Grand Vicar it was slipping and cutting her shoulder on the rocky shore.
In seconds, the queenly woman was trotting towards Jhala with a worried look on her face. 
                      "Are you alright?"
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
An old woman approached, and the only name that Jhala could place with her was Nova Rose-- the wolf that followed Phares here. Surely this was her? Jhala knew the name of everyone in the pack, it was her job. She didn't know them all by face, but it was her duty to keep track of everyone in the Grotto. She nods quickly. 

"Yup!" she says, "Just a scratch, I can clean it myself," she tells the elder, beginning to lick at the wound again. In reality, however, her shoulder sported a nice, deep gash. Blood ran down her shoulder and leg, washing into the stream and floating away. "Thanks though," she adds, trying to seem polite. 
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Jhala refuses politely, and the old lady wonders if she's embarrassed. Perhaps she should've waited a few seconds before coming into view. She gave a coy grin, chuckling under her breath, and padded closer to the stream. 
                 "If it helps, I've done the same thing, those slippery stones."
Peeking over at the wound, her smile faded at least halfway. While it wasn't anything that would cause permanant damage if it was taken care of right, it was something that did need good care. If all the woman was going to do was lick it, it would become a bother to her. She had the power in her mind to heal, could quickly gather marigold and webs from somewhere. Surely Rass would want her to use everything she could to heal those of his church? 
                                "I'm old, I know a lot: and I really think you should let me patch you up. I'm Nova Rose, Hiram brought me and the priest Phares in not too long ago."
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Jhala looks back at Nova, her tongue bloodied and sticking out of her mouth just barely. She stares at the woman for a moment before glancing back down at her shoulder, which was still leaking blood. Her tongue slips back into her mouth and she smacks it a few times to get the blood off, then shrugs-- wincing. Maybe it was a little more painful than a scratch. 

"Alright-- yeah that's fine, thanks Nova," she says, giving a warm smile of thanks. "I'm Jhala-- the packs grand vicar," she adds.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Nova was happy to help, and the woman introduced herself as Jhala, the Grant Vicar. Recognizing the title as one of great importance from what little Phares had taught her, the golden elder bowed her head with a smile.  
                "It's an honor to help the Grand Vicar. Ill be right back, stay here!" 
The elder trotted off, and thankfully now that things were back to green again, she found a clump of marigold easily. The harder part was finding cobwebs, but while she looked for a hollow log or something she chewed the marigold into a pulp. Eventually, she caught sight of a tree, still standing, but split in the center and hollow inside. She only had to stick a leg inside and twirl it around before the cream paw was tightly wound in the white webs. Limping back to Jhala, she spat the marigold onto the wound and packed it in with gentle, slight touches from her blunt nails. She was careful not to dirty the webs or stick it in the pulp before slipping the chunk of web from her paw and plastering it right on the shoulder. 
                                    "There, let that marigold dry, and the web wont move. It'll keep out infection, but it'd be wise to take it off in two days or so. Keep it clean, all that basic wound care stuff I'm sure you know. "
With a smile, Nova backed away to look fondly at her handiwork. Her face turned to the side, as if she were going to say something to something next to her, but when her spectral eyes fell upon empty space, her heart ached. Grace was not there, nor would she ever be, not within the Grotto.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
When Nova leaves, Jhala continues to lick at the gash on her shoulder. It still bleeds heavily, but at least she thinks she's helped. When she returns, she spits something onto her shoulder and begins to poke at it with cobwebs-- and the Vicar holds her breath. It as painful-- just as touching any deep wound was--  but she was a big girl, she could handle it. When Nova gave her instructions, she nods, tail wagging. "Sure, thanks," she says, then pauses as the demeanor of the woman changes. 

"You okay, Ms. Nova?" she asks, trying to be polite. 
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Nova is thrilled to have the thanks of the Vicar, but her own mood change brought the pride crashing down to memories of bandaging the russet pup. Jhala questions it, and the black-faced woman shook her head.  The Sister looked up apologetically at the multihued woman.
                   "Sorry. I'm used to having my adopted daughter, Grace, as my apprentice. She stayed behind in my previous pack. Guess I just haven't coped with that just yet."
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Jhala frowns, feeling awful that she'd asked. "Well, Nova," she begins quietly. "It's different, I know but... it's a good different-- isn't it? That hole you feel, it's being replaced with the light of Raas," she says hopefully. She disagrees, Raas is nowhere to be found-- nonexistent, even. But religious wolves-- especially those in the grotto-- seem much more keen on this... whatever this was. This false hope that a god seems to bestow in them. Whatever, hopefully she'd help some.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Though Jhala tried to cheer her up, Nova couldn't miss the doubt in her voice. Was she not fully a part of the church, despite her title of honor? Nova smiles softly, and while she dosen't judge she really hopes shes wrong on this one. 
                        "You don't sound so confident in your answer."
The dark woman was right though, even if she didn't believe. The Grand Vicar was trying, and that was enough to let Nova see that she was indeed a good soul. Devoted a follower as she was, she wouldn't force others to believe it. 
                                     "You're right, it isn't a bad different, I just wish she'd have come along with me. I strive on giving the knowledge I've learned to others, so it dosen't go to waste. I'll have to find others that want to learn."
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Though no one usually picks up on her disapproval in the religion, Nova seems to. Keep all the cool she can, Jhala glosses right over her question, shrugging. "I'm sure someone wants to learn," she offers her, tail flicking. "Reek has left to visit his children, maybe he'll come back with a follower who will want to learn," she adds, smiling. She tries to think if she would be interested in healing-- but eventually decides no. Fighting was way simpler.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Jhala skips her comment, but it's her use of Hiram's old name that confirms it for her: the Grand Vicar is not a believer. Nova nods along with her words, but she is too stubborn to let go of something so easily. Her voice is warm, welcoming, and she lights up her face with a genuine grin in hopes that the dark beta will believe her words. 
                  "I won't fault you for not believing, if that's the case. Proud as I may be I won't force anyone into things or judge." 
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
last post!

Her ears lower, eyes narrowing. A low growl rumbles in her throat, and she stands. "I'm offended that you continue to suggest that I do not believe in our lord and savior, Raas," she says, her tail flicking with frustration. "I am your Vicar, and we do not tolerate heathens. I serve him, and him only," she growls, and turns to leave. On her way she calls over her shoulder. "Thank you for fixing my shoulder." Then leaves without another word.

She is angry, but not because Nova had suggested her disbelief in the religion-- but because she caught on. She had heard no doubt in her voice, and therefore her cover was perfect. She was a master of disguise, despite her lack of knowledge in the religion. No one had caught on and no one was supposed to catch on. This wolf threatened her place is LSG, regardless of her saying she would not judge. She would deny not believing to everyone-- except maybe vuk, who she doubts believes herself.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Jhala lashes out at the elder, and she frowns with a hurt expression wrought clear on her face. The darker woman growls, stands tall, and eventually turns to leave. Nova's ears fall back and a whine falls from her throat. She'd been wrong? The golden woman had been so sure, and still was not positive that the Grand Vicar was telling the truth. Was she really devoted to Him, to her savior, or was she more afraid that she wouldn't be welcomed within her home?
Or, perhaps, maybe Nova Rose was just getting too old. Wasn't that supposed to make it better? With a growl of frustration to herself, long after Jhala is gone, the elder contemplates. Going to Hiram about it would likely earn her a similar reaction, and this time around she wanted to be on good terms with her leaders. For now, unless Raas had other plans, she would keep her scarred, blackened muzzle shut.