Heron Lake Plateau Knowledge Comes First
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
It was cool, for a night so late in Summer. The skies were clear, and the stars shone brightly down on the Hinderlands with their silver light. Amber wandered from the borders of her home, originally looking for Heston. But she went far, even when his scent was far behind her and she veered close to the borders of another pack. It took her a while, but eventually she backtracked to the plateau and sat as high as they let her go, ocean eyes turned up to the stars. The obsidian woman normally blended into the shadows, but tonight the moon was almost full and it was enough to bring out the sheen of her coat. Almost blue she was, resembling the feather of a raven with great precision. 

For @Tupilek :D Sorry its so short the next one will be better. 
[Image: Z077D80.jpg]
I'm too old for this.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He found, through his two decades of living, that bears weren't meant to live in wetlands. Be they watermeadows or marshs, he found that land was near-permanent muck for land was not favorable with creatures of large build such as himself.

It was for this reason that he skirted the floodlands, meandering through the glade to the other side of the plateau, intending on climbing to it's summit and gazing at the stars. He was far from tired, having taken a long nap through the heat of the day, and decided to spend his energy deciphering the messages of the heavens.

He was not alone, however. As he lumbered towards the peak, he faintly made out a black form, only identifying it as a creature, a wolf as its blue irises flashed in the darkness. So there are other ullugiak-kamak here.
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Amber was no fool: bears had always meant trouble, danger, and so when she scented it close her ears twitched to listen better. She didn't turn her eyes from the sky, unmoving, and waited until she knew it'd spotted her before standing and swinging her head around to face him. The fur along her fur puffed out and a lip curled up to flash ivory fangs, but she made no moves. 
This was the first time, however, that she'd ever heard a bear speak words, even if some didn't sound like the language she spoke. It was enough to pull her face back to neutral, though her tail curled over her back and her fur stayed puffed out. 
                  "Excuse me?"
She kept her tone polite, but she couldn't deny she was nervous. She'd never imagined sharing tongues with a bear.
I'm too old for this.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Kangâ. Sorry. I forget you southerners don't really speak Inuttut, do you? He huffed, settling down a few feet away from her. I said star-watchers. He grumbled, unable to see her bristling form in the darkness. Bears' eyesight were notoriously terrible, and his was even worse given how old he was. The darkness didn't help much; he stumbled on many a rock as he climbed upward towards the peak. 

It is a good night for star-watching, isn't it? He turned his eyes towards the heavens, squinting until the pale white lights made themselves clear to his fuzzy vision. The Eagle and Swan are out.
227 Posts
Ooc —
It seemed the bear, like her, was at the very least bilingual. As soon as he spoke of the stars, her pelt smoothed down and her tail wagged behind her. Perhaps it was good bears couldn't see very well. 
             "No, my other language is that of French. I am a star-watcher, though technically I'm still learning."
He lumbered closer, tripping now and again; Amber wished she could help the elderly beast, but wasn't sure he or she could tolerate that. Eventually, he joined her, and though she was admittedly a little weirded out and nervous, the shadow fae knew that this being before her held valuable and respectable knowledge.
                             "Its a wonderful night, but I'm afraid The Eagle and Swan isn't something I know. Will you teach me what you know?"
I'm too old for this.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Away
It hadn't been long since he spoke French, but he missed the tongue dearly. It was such a sibilant language, soft and beautiful. Words in French were much more expressive than most other languages. L'aigle et le Cygne sont les noms des constellations. He switched to the language without pause, searching for the two star-birds' exact position. Aquila, l'aigle. He traced the stars that made the shape of the Eagle. Et Cygnus, le Cygne. He repeated the same gesture towards the Swan.
227 Posts
Ooc —
He switched to her own language readily, and Amber couldn't help but smile and relax a little. He pointed out which constelation was which, naming them in turn. Amber's attention was hooked, and already she took a liking to his odd looking bear. Of course, the shadowy queen had questions, and she kept her tone soft and respectful. 
      "Sont-ils de saison , ou sont-ils tout le temps ?"
Unfortunatley, the bear didn't seem to want to answer her anymore, and Amber suddenly felt uncomfortable. Standing, the shadow coated woman backed away a couple of yards before turning and trotting off-she'd have to get more information elsewhere, but at least she'd learned a little bit.

Gonna edit this and leave since he went inactive .-.