Great Bear Wilderness run along, boy.
i don't need saving
98 Posts
Ooc — Allie
Private 

Mother was not coming back. The boy had quickly picked himself up, put on a straight face and run. Mother was not coming back. Father was not coming back. Solemn was not coming back. Addie was gone, and Oddie was loved. He had no place there. Oddie would be safe, that man could take care of her, but he could not stay. They had eaten his mother and he could not forget that. The boy felt no attraction to the forest he used to explore. All he could think of was the rotting corpses of his family, and the wolves tearing apart the remains. That was not his family. 

He felt no caution when he walked over the territory line, but at once felt out of place in the world beyond. Mother had always let him wander, but never without her watching close by. Mother is dead. With that thought, his small legs carried him away from the mountian. He could not go fast, he was still malnourished and tired but he would not turn back. He couldn't.
chaos isn't a pit, chaos is a ladder
79 Posts
Ooc —
Artemis had left her friend with the promise to return quickly. She had a deep desire to climb this mountain, to work of her worries and her fears, and to escape the failure that had been the search for her kind. Jenabbi had been so kind, but she could not continue this fruitless quest. No, she needed a new purpose, a new goal. She needed to do something that would prove fruitful and be important enough to warrant spending her time.

That's when she found the wolf pup.

Artemis was overjoyed. Her was a chance, a chance to do something useful. She could impart her knowledge onto the little one, the tawny pup she saw from afar. She hid her lanky body behind a tumble of boulders, watching as the pup strayed further and further away from the scent markers. This, would be a chance to impart her knowledge and refrain from lonliness without having to go through all the trouble of finding a mate and giving birth!

She approached the pup with a smile on her face, not knowing if he even knew what a coyote was. Oh, the thing she could teach him! This poor, underprivledged member of the canis lupis family could finally have the knowledge that the superior coyotes had. She wagged her tail, gazing upon his cute little face. He looked slightly distraught, which was good. She would woe him better if he was like this. 
"Hello!" she said gently, kindly. "Where are you going, little pup? Could I help you?" she smiled a very motherly smile, and bent down so that she was on his level. He was simply adorable.
i don't need saving
98 Posts
Ooc — Allie
Stoic did not like strangers. He had not liked any of his siblings at first, nor the pack members that followed and even the dark man who had come to visit them often. Even now, he was wary of the strange looking wolf that stopped him in his path. He did not recodnise the stranger, and even still, she did not look like a wolf. Yet, he did not know of the coywolf species and readily assumed she was a wolf nontheless. But he knew strangers could hurt him. His own pack would. He was hesitant to answer, but he knew he could not run. He was not big enough to attack or flee, even the child realised.

"I'm leavin," Stoic forgot about his hesitance, purely foucsed on the thought he would stay no more with the crazy wolves who had tried to make him eat his mother. He blinked up at the strange looking female, wondering what she planned to do with him. "Where you goin?" He questioned, wondering why this wolf did not have a pack. Maybe she wanted to be in his! Panicked, he thought he better save her from getting eaten. "THEY WILL EAT YOU!" He screamed in her face, only the thought of the pack jumping out the bushes and attacking his new friend played in his mind. He could not let that happen.
79 Posts
Ooc —
What a sweet boy. He spoke, which was good, and he seemed to not be as dull as a rock. She smiled, a genuine one, and said-"I'm go-"
"THEY WILL EAT YOU!"
Artemis flinched, taken aback. This conversation had taken an odd turn, but maybe...maybe she could turn it to her advantage. After her heart stopped racing from the boy's sudden outburst, she conforted him with a few words. "It's okay...I know a place were no one ever get eaten! Maybe, you would-" she stopped, and glanced behind the boy. Now would be the time to act her heart out. Her eyes widened in faked fear, though she knew it would looke very real. She took a step back, ears perked as if listening. "Little pup, there's someone behind you. Don't look now, but I think they want to eat us...RUN!" She had no idea who was going to eat her, or who had originally gotten eaten, but her acting and words she hoped would be enough to have the boy follow her. She spun on her heel and begun to jog hurriedly down the mountain, so that the boy could catch up. "Follow me, little pup! We need to get away from them!"
i don't need saving
98 Posts
Ooc — Allie
Stoic liked this female. She was nicer than the mountian wolves who wanted him to eat his mother. So, when she screeched, alerting him that Steady, the evil one, had come for him once again.. he bolted. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH," He screamed as he ran, his willowly legs carrying him as fast as he could, away from the cannibalistic wolves of Silvertip Mountian. He hated them. They had taken away his father, his mother, his twin brother, his sister. And they had probably eaten them too. But the female he followed, she would not eat him. He was sure of it.

"AHHH-," He paused, his vocal chords becoming rough and achy, drying out with the combination of screaming and running at the same time. He gasped for breath, his heart hammering in his chest as he slowed to a stop. But as his eyes looked up for once, surveying the land around him, he did not recodnise the place he stood. And with that, he felt a hollow ache within him, that he had now truly left his family. The family that as now buried and forgotten. Never again would he return to Silvertip Mountian, never again.

"Where we goin' now?"

His eyes peered up at the female, determination set in. This was his life now, a loner. He was Stoic, only Stoic. Silvertip was a nightmare left in the past, a childhood filled with death and disapeerance. And he would call them fmaily no longer.
79 Posts
Ooc —
She got a little enthusiastic about this situation, and that was perhaps her downfall. She ran, leading the pup on, until, as if this were a cartoon, she noticed that the ground beneath her paws was not quite as...steady as she would have liked it. Then she was falling, skidding, at first. Then it was a full tumble, and she went slipping down the rapidly sloping earth until she collided with an ill-placed tree trunk. The world faded to black quickly, leaving the pup to his own devices.