Mount Everfall God loves his children
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
He didn't follow what she said and the coldness was back, yet the hurt and pain still stayed.  How dare he disobey her like this.  "I could kill you right now Reek.  Right here.  So no, I can not talk to you like an adult, because a true adult wouldn't have a pregnant mate and then go off and hump someone else as soon as they go into heat."  Spring hissed her fury to him.  "I knew someone like you once, his name was Zander.  Guess what Reek?  You know another reason why I despise you so much?  Zander did pretty much the same thing to me.  He was gone before my kids were ever born and if he hadn't left then maybe my kids wouldn't be dead!"  Her eyes widened in surprise as soon as she said this shocked that she had just spilled so much personal information.  Instantly ashe felt rotten.  WHy had she just told this to Reek?  Why had she done it?

"Go."
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Finally, he understood. Spring's hatred for him had not been without reason like he had previously assumed. No, there was much more churning beneath the surface. He felt her pain and in that moment, Hiram realized he had never truly gotten to know Spring, the real Spring, when he had been the alpha male of the maplewood. He had been too caught up in himself to reach out and ask. She was not the background character he had treated her to be: she was living a life just as vivid as he -- and that life was full of the same pain and strife he himself had gone through.

"I—" he didnt' truly know what to say. "I'm so sorry that happened to you." He cast his gaze downward, unable to look upon her face. However, unlike this Zander who had broken both Spring's heart and family, Hiram had returned to fix what he had broken. But, there were some things that couldn't be fixed, no matter how hard one tried.

"I'll go," muttered the man, knowing that he had lost. But this was only the first battle -- the winner of the war for his daughters' hearts was yet undecided. "Just tell my daughters that I love them... please.  It's the last thing I'll ever ask of you."
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
He showed her pity and at first she found herself soaking it, taking it in greatfully, but then it just angered her even more, especially since she thought that it was so wrong to feel good about remarks that Reek had made.  How dare Reek talk to her this way, even unable to look at her.  Then he told her to tell his daughters that he loved them, that that would be the last thing that he would ever ask of her.

"You don't even know what true love is."  She spat angerly.  "If you did, you would've really followed your heart!  You would've grown up!  You would've been able to live your life without breaking everyones heart wherever you go!"  Now Spring was yelling, beyond mad.  "You could've kept Saena sane!  You could've been the Father that your pups deserved!  You would've have to walk bellow someone!"  She paused for a plit second, her eyes glaring with an icy coldness.  "You have had chances Reek and you blow every single one of them.  So go, get out of here and go die in a hole."  Spring whispered harshly to him.

Then she just stood there defiantly.

"Go."
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
He had nothing left to say -- not that Spring would have listened anyway. He was not a monster, but simply a man who had made a mistake. Spring, however, would not see it by her own choice. She had demonized Hiram's character so far that there was nothing more that he could be in her eyes. It was no use fighting, so he sighed and turned away. "Take care Spring," he muttered, truly meaning the words as he turned to leave. He wished no ill upon Spring; he only wanted what was rigtfully his, and for his children he would linger somewhere near the creek. 

Hanging his head with shame, he trailed away from the Creek's claimed territory. Something Spring had said resonated deep with him and his guilt soon followed. His chance to raise his girls from the beginning, he had squandered it without thought. Now, with perfect hindsight, he wished he would have done things differently.

To go back and be Reek Redtail -- he would do it in a heartbeat.