Golden Glade Not every cloud bears a silver lining
55 Posts
Ooc —
Thunder boomed ominously in the distance, the sky was tinged blue, like a bruise. Ayla had been tasked with keeping an eye on the tunnels, lest they flood, a duty she would carry proudly. She wanted to perform this task well, should she not, they may have a slight problem due to, you know, the flooding mountain. Rain had not yet begun, but she suspected that the heavens would open up soon, judging by the extremely humid temperatures and the occasional lightning that struck the ground in the distance. Her earlier estimate had been accurate, it was certainly a powerful storm, in the distance, the land blurred. She knew that this was rain falling to the north-west, and that the wind was blowing the storm right toward them. She stood, outside the tunnels and partway up the mountain, keeping a careful eye on the storm above the foliage.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen marked the last tree just as a large clap of thunder rolled through the sky. Aspen tipped her muzzle to the blue-ish black clouds that were hovering over the territory. This looks like a bad one....She thought turning tail and beginning to weave through the trees in the direction o the mountain. She hoped the rest of the pack wolves were safe in their dens and wouldn't find themselves in any predicaments. Such as the all too common flooding that sometimes came with these storms. 

Another boom startled Aspen from her thoughts momentarily followed by light filling the sky. The storms made Aspen nervous but she dare not let it show. 

The silver fae was nearing the mountain just as she caught Ayla standing guard and watching the entrance. Aspen was curious but she presumed Ayla might be watching in case of a flood. Aspen approached a small smile on her face though it faded slightly as the first few drops of rain landed on her muzzle.

"Beautiful day isn't it Ayla," Aspen mused sarcastically. Perhaps Aspen would sit and chat with Ayla a while. The two had some catching up to do as Ayla was finally recovering from the bear attack and Aspen was also back on her feet after the impromptu bout of sickness she had.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
55 Posts
Ooc —
Thunder boomed again, and Ayla knew that rain would not be far off now. Her gaze turned to Aspen, who had recently arrived by her side, greeting her with a chuff. She commented on the weather, to which Ayla smiled in the slightest and said "It is. I really love storms, though I worry for the tunnels." Sarcasm was lost on the nymph, though Aspen's kindness was not. After a moment, when the first raindrops begun to splatter against the rock, Ayla asked "How are you, Aspen?" They had some time before the heavens truly opened up and it poured, she deduced.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen blinked at the fae that was sat not far from her as her sarcasm appeared to have been lost in translation. "Really, you actually like storms," Aspen said glancing to the sky, just waiting for the heavens to open and stop tempting her with the raindrops. "They make me...nervous," Aspen said with an uncomfortable half smile. 

Aspen gazed into the tunnels briefly before returning her gaze to the female. "I think they should be fine, but I'm glad you're keeping watch.  I don't suppose you mind some company," Aspen offered taking a seat near Ayla. Company was never a bad thing. 

Ayla appeared to change the conversation slightly asking the queen how she was. "Oh apart from the rain, I'm fine. How about yourself? Recovery going well?" she asked with a tilt to her head. The fae had taken quite the injuries after the bear attacked. Ayla was a brave wolf, with a lot of gut Aspen would give her that.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
55 Posts
Ooc —
At Aspens wonder, Ayla nodded. "I do. They are beautiful- wild, chaotic, seemingly random but actually controlled and, predictable...most of the time." She knew how to read the signs of a storm, when it would be good or bad, light or deadly. Aspen, though, felt the opposite about them, it seemed. 

At Aspen's next words, Ayla shook her head. "Nope. It'd get pretty boring here, just watching, if I didn't have someone to sit with. Thank you." she said, glad for the Queen's company. Her gaze flicked to the storm clouds, the ever increasing darkness, the slight green parlour of the sky.

"It's been healing well, my packmates have helped. The healer is a trade I wish to pursue, though I don't know much about it. Weather, plants, are more my thing." she said, She knew of plants, but not specifically of their herbal use.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
" Im glad someone knows how to tell. I mean if I look up and the sky is gray, obviously it's going to rain but other than that I don't know what to look for," Aspen spoke with a warm smile as the clouds appeared to get darker. 

"I think though, if my judgements are correct we are in for a hell of a storm," Aspen stated as Ayla spoke of not minding the company. "Not a problem Ayla."

Ayla spoke of how she had been healing well and that pack mates had been aiding. "I'm glad to see members of the court coming to the aide of their kin," Aspen spoke with a small nod. "Healer is a good trade but so is naturalist, seeming as you know a lot of the weather and plants perhaps you are better suited there," the queen spoke. " I would be clueless in either, I see myself taking on a mercenary trade and possible a counseling trade I don't know for sure yet however," She stated waiting in angst for the heavens to open. It was still threatening though the drops were becoming ever more frequent.
55 Posts
Ooc —
Ayla listened silently as they other spoke, her gaze on the sky but her attention on Aspen, as shown by her flicking ears. It seemed both she and Charley enjoyed speaking of trades, however, she didn't mind in the slightest. She listened, and hesitated after her Queen finished, waiting to see if she would say more. When she didn't Ayla spoke.

"Yes, the naturalist trade is what I hope for. I've learned a lot about plants especially, though weather is one of my specialities, it seems. I think you'd make a good councillor, Aspen. You just seem like the type to do so. You'll make a fine warrior as well, I think" Ayla's opinions of the mercenary trade were not quite so high, though she did not show it. Her Queen could pursue what she wished, but Ayla was against violence, the most violent situations exempt.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen nodded slowly as Ayla spoke more of her interests and what knowledge she had of the weather. Aspen did not find such thing of interest she preferred staring at the stars however, that was not to say that it was of no use to the pack. It was a good trade to have under your belt so to speak. Aspen looked up at the sky as the rain began to fall, quite heavly at that. "So Ayla, based on what you know, what do you think of this storm?" Aspen asked slowly getting drenched. Come to think of it this was probably not the best place to be considering she was recovering from having been sick for a few weeks but Aspen chose to stay anyways.

"Thank you Ayla, I'm glad to hear that you agree with my choices in trade. I hope that you are right about Counselor, I'm not so much worried about the Warrior side of things that comes naturally to me," she spoke shaking the rain from her fur careful not to splash Ayla.
55 Posts
Ooc —
The rain would fall any moment now, she felt. And, after a few moments of thinking that, it did indeed begin to rain, the droplets pelting the stone and earth below her. She closed her eyes, letting out a little sigh as her pelt absorbed the rain and begun to soak it. It offered a nice respite from the summer heat, and she loved getting wet. 

"It's going to be fierce, but won't last too long. A ton of rain, pretty chaotic thunder and light-" if on cue, and booming thud echoed across the bruised canvas of a sky. "Yeah. Pretty bad, but not going to last too long." Her eyes scanned the area, fastening on a rocky outcrop, one that seemed pretty sheltered. "Maybe we should go under that, to sit out the worst of it." she said, looking to Aspen as she rose.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen nodded as Ayla began to explain that the storm wouldn't last long but that there would be a lot of thunder and lightning. As she spoke a loud clap of thunder rolled through the sky and Aspen tried to hide the jump as it caught her slightly off guard. "I can see what you'really saying" the alphess spoke. 

Aspen watched as Ayla rose to head over to a more sheltered area near by. She took that moment to make the executive decision to head inside.

" Ayla I hate to ditch you out here but I think I'might best off inside the tunnels. I was sick not too long ago and I don'the want to risk it staying out here especially now my fur is damp," the queen spoke shooting an apologetic glance to the silver fae. " I'm sorry," she said turning tail and dipping her head into the tunnels where she intended to find safety inside her den and dry off. She hoped Ayla would be alright out there on her own though she had no doubt if ayla required assistance she would call.