Golden Glade Cheap Thrills
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
@Darsal  @Shalon

Coming here had nothing to do with the pale wraiths reckless anger at herself. Nope, nothing at all. She still felt guilty for Vassago's injuries and doubted that she would feel any different for a while. She approached the "borders" of the snobbish King and Queen with the "intent" to learn more of them for her own pack. She reached the borders and decided that she would circle them, intending to find out the range of this pack, who's name she had yet to know. Before coming, she had rolled her fur in the thick scent of some overpowering wildflowers, the thick, musky scent hiding her own, as well as the faint scents of Malice, Burke, Shink and the pups. 

Her willowy form slipped gracefully through the rock and trees, steel eyes gleaming and nostrils flaring on occasion as she took in the scents around her, pacing the borders and half-hoping for a fight.
revel in your own
30 Posts
Ooc — Penelope
I'm going to go ahead and say this could be be Darsal's first IC tussle. Thanks for the tag xD

The Court was growing stronger. Despite the famine, Darsal had managed to hunt continuously for weeks, bringing sufficient prey in order to heal her pack and supply their forces. Today, she had gotten a rare opportunity — one to patrol the territory's borders and refresh the pack's thick scent. At last, she wouldn't be spending this day on paws that had been run sore throughout the Hinterlands. 
For the first time in what seemed like an eternity, she left the Court's base at the entrance to the Nimbus tunnels at a leisurely pace. Before, she'd galloped in and out the exit, dropping off prey and leaving for another hunt.
Her muted gray form, having grown slightly leaner since joining the pack, weaved between the sparse sugar maples. The summer had been generous enough to spare a fleeting shower of rain before dawn, leaving the Glade pleasantly damp this morning. Darsal made her way down the forested slope toward the northernmost border that faced Grouse Thicket. Peering out over the border, she was struck with an unfamiliar scent, one of a female wolf with no recognizable scent.
Darsal's ears pricked once she'd come to a halt. She was not yet angry, but she was highly intrigued. She studied the tracks left by the stranger: shallow-set, tracing along the scentline, with an even print. From what she could see, this wolf had been walking in some sort of relaxed manner along the border. 
Darsal suspected nothing but trouble. Picking up her pace to a trot, she followed the trail left by the wolf. Once she had reached the narrowed stretch of forest south of Cricket Bog, she halted. Her orange-brown eyes caught sight of a pale wolf far ahead.
Still tracing the border, Darsal quickened her gait. The blackened-gray wolf thundered down the way, alerting the stranger of her presence. What're you doing so close to the borders of Royalty? she demanded, nonchalant yet firm. She kept aggression clear of her voice.
Join Aspen, Charley, and the rest of us in our journey to form the Royal Fire Court!
[Image: chronicler.gif] Chronicler-Bard Trade: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] Hunter-Tracker Trade: 1 2 3 4 5
IC: Darsal Corvega — OOC: Penelope
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon was in the process if scenting the borders, strengthening there potency of the pack territory. Aspen had seemed to appreciate Shalon's offer to help with this duty, and as such Shalon had taken it very seriously. This was her home now, and she would fight tooth and nail to keep it. She had been working on the borders for a few days, encircling the entirety of the territory.

She was just about to call it a day, when she say something out of the corner of her eye. The tree however obscured her view even when she look toward it, the tree's and foliage blocking a clear view. She walked toward the  last spot she had seen it, her multi-coloured fur making it easier to remain hidden with the rocks. She had seen her packmate Darsal approach, although remain hidden. She heard her packmate Darsal speaking to the stranger, before seeing her. The stranger was an all white wolf, although Shalon could barely find her scent, she had masked it is some way. For the time being Shalon decided to remain hidden, she had Darsal's back, but if this she-wolf wished to join that Darsal had everything under control. Shalon merely waited, remaining a silent as possible, ready for anything.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
So this was certainly interesting, was it not. The woman approached, pelt a swirl of muted greys, obviously noticing her pelt like a beacon in the earth-coloured landscape. Aeronwyn stilled, ears flicking in the direction of the other, as she rumbled after her like a bear. She almost wanted to laugh at this over-vigours attempt of marking borders that were not even official, but stilled her voice. She prepared, without changing her stance, for the more than likely potential battle. But the femmes words sent curiosity through her. So they had not gotten to tell their recruits about her yet? Perhaps they deemed her too insignificant. Seconds after the words of the other, Aeronwyn's mind spun.
Perhaps a battle would not be imminent, at least not for a while. 

Her words angered the femme still, as they had when they poured from the mouth of that stupid oaf of a king. But, as she always did, she showed naught her emotions but inclined her head in the direction of the other. "I apologize, I mean no harm to you nor your comrades." She offered an apologetic smile to the grey tones woman, in her whirling thoughts not noticing the femme behind the first. "If you would pardon my curiosity, ma'am, perhaps you could tell of this "royalty"? It is seldom I have heard talk of such things." Her words, as always, flowed from her maw like water, a small smile on her maw as she dipped her head to the other.
revel in your own
30 Posts
Ooc — Penelope
@Aeronwyn I have to say, I love your writing style. It has such personality is very fun to read xD

Darsal halted a few feet away from the white wolf so as not to arouse aggression. She watched, gaze allowing a hint of animosity, as this new encounter pondered her words. Anger seemed to rise in her expression as she faced Darsal.
Of all things, Darsal didn't enjoy battle, unlike this wolf seemed to. Darsal was more of a peaceful soul as neutral as her pelt, taking more interest in the more tranquil aspects of life, especially nature. Yet, Darsal was raised in a pack of about twenty wolves — all family — and had learned her way with her teeth. She was of three feet at the shoulder — a considerable bit taller — not to mention she must have weighed at least twenty pounds more, despite her leaner diet in the Teekon Wilds. She saw no reason yet to fear this wolf, and would therefore not go out of her way to avoid a skirmish.
The white wolf's words came to her ears. Her voice might have sounded consoling to another, but not to Darsal. The blackened-gray wolf was possibly not the sharpest, most charismatic character, but she was highly empathetic and, being a bard, could read another's words. Her apology appeared false, and her voice came to Darsal's ears like a flow of honey. This could be told from her overuse of polite words, at least from Darsal's point of view. No one spoke like this unless they wanted something in return. 
Yet, Darsal could speak with a hint of charm as well, though she was more apt in rhyming words and fashioning them into song. My name is Darsal, and being a commoner as of current, I can only reveal the bare minimum, information-wise, she replied, her first words spoken that day. We are the Royal Fire Court of Golden Glade, ruled by our King Charley and Queen Aspen, and we don't want any trouble.

@Charley @Aspen just so they know what's going on ^^
Join Aspen, Charley, and the rest of us in our journey to form the Royal Fire Court!
[Image: chronicler.gif] Chronicler-Bard Trade: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] Hunter-Tracker Trade: 1 2 3 4 5
IC: Darsal Corvega — OOC: Penelope
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon continued to watch from her hidden spot, although couldn't help herself when Darsal finished her words. Shalon walked forward, coming up behind Darsal on her left. "There are rules to follow though, we welcome you to the Fire Court territory. However all new commers must first meet with our King and/or our Queen. Do you wish to meet them?" Shalon offered, she had no notion that perhaps this wolf was decietful, it was a genuine offer. "I'm sure you can understand that we cannot let you go any further until our leaders have meet you. Although we can try to answer any questions you might have."

Shalon took a step toward the white female, trying to find a scent upon her. "Are you looking for a pack stranger?" Shalon had purposley left out her name, the other female could ask if she wished. Although Shalon did look upon the woman with a stern look, "Just out of curiousity, why not call to us when you reached the border?" Most wolves waited at the border for the inhabitant, Shalon knew for a fact that their borders had a distinct marking know with a few packmates having gone around to help Charley.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
@Shalon you can skip Darsal since she went inactive

She was content with that? Being a...commoner, serving under those two ignorant oafs? How one could bear to be placed in such a lowly position by those two thugs, she did not know, but she kept her thoughts tucked carefully away. This femme was not hostile, yet, though seemed unwilling to give to many details of this pack, this "Court". However, the few details she gave were enough, and significantly more than what she had learned with her first encounter with the leading pair. 

What disturbed her most was that their numbers seemed to be growing. That anyone could follow the stupid pair she had met confused her, but the growing scents on the border signified rising numbers. There was no chance for an alliance with them, she understood that Burke was against such an idea, but war was not wanted at the moment. Their numbers, while strong, were certainly not enough, and she understood that. 

She was about to deliver a response when another arrived, stilling her scathing tongue. Two against one were unfair odds for a fight, though Aeronwyn would not still her thoughts. Half pushed by residual anger at herself, she spoke crisply and evenly. "Is this truly what you two have sought for yourselves? Servitude beneath a king and queen that have no basis for their supposed royalty, simply proclaim themselves such? Have you naught the gall to forge such a path for yourselves? One is not considered a ruler until one has proven such." She despised the pair, though the two currently did not know of the earlier encounter she had with this "royalty". Behind her words were honest intentions, though mostly driven by her anger at the two stupid rulers. "They are weak, poor leaders. They would lead you to ruin. You would not be so idiotic to follow them, blind as sheep?"
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Yup, here we go! :)

As Shalon listened, she grew more and more angry. How dare this intruder insult her King and Queen! Although she kept her head for but a minute more, had this female been here before? She had clearly met their leaders, Shalon narrowed her eyes, her head lowering slightly and tail coming up behind her. A gowl emitted from within her chest. "Who are you?! You enter out territory and insult our way of life. How dare you! You have no notion of what our King or Queen have done to prove their position to us!" She was angry, more angry than she had been in some time.

She would take a threathening step forward, "Perhaps you should leave, before we make you leave." Shalon knew they had the numbers, but she was itching for a fight and a small part of her want the female to put up a fight.
Shalon's Pawprints 
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Oh, yes. Now she had stirred the sheep, her fangs showed in a smirk that toyed on her muzzle. Perfect. She could not be persuaded, she would have to be shown. The other seemed to hang back, and Aeronwyn ignored her for now. Probably didn't have the guts to put up a fight, unlike this dimwitted girl. Her pale tail lashed, silver eyes leering as they bore into the gaze of the other. Aeronwyn used words as one might use a tool, to gain leverage over her opponent and provide herself with an advantage. 

"You could try, girl, though I doubt you could move a pup. Why don't you run back to your leaders, those who proclaim themselves royal with no basis for their claim?" She took a step forward, crossing over the border and matching the girl's gaze with a deadpan stare.

@Shalon, would you like to spree out the remainder of this thread when you are feeling better :D ?
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon was angry, yes, but a small inkling of excitment flooded her system along with a health dose of adrenaline. Her head dipped low, "Perhaps you are more reckless than I though. You have already underestimated your enemy, this is usually a fatal fault." Shalon too smirked in return, she was glad to protect her pack lands, and this was the perfect opportunity.

Shalon lunged for the woman, her aim was the opposings throat, she wouldn't hold back. Her anger pulling the warrior from within, her pack prompting her protectivness. Shalon had a feeling that this encounter would determine whether this female came back soon or further in the future. Shalon would fight tooth and nail to deter this pale female from returning any time soon.

hope this works! :P
Shalon's Pawprints 
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
The woman's first move was forward, obvious. What kind of opponent, when presented with the chance, didn't lunge straight for the throat? But Aeronwyn was practised, smooth in her attack, sson to gain her specialty and trade. So when the other came at her, she fluidly ducked a second before impact, twisting beneath her opponent and making to grab the underside of her neck, or maw. Battle-calm filled her, adrenaline and excitement, for the stakes had yet to be created.
facilis descensus averno
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
I am so so sorry! I can actually spree now....

Shalon was glad to see that her appoinent had some experience, while Shalon new she wasn't the most experienced, she also new she wasn't a push over. When the women ducked she pulled back sligthly, and the pale females attack would skim her throat. Not a deep wound, however it drew blood none the less. Although Aerowyn would not be able hold on, Shalon let out a slight gasp at the unwelcome wound. Although she was quick to growl back at the woman, Shalon's ears folding back against her head. She went for the enemies side hoping to find traction with her teeth or her right paw which she now tried to use as leverage, clawing at the pale females side.
Shalon's Pawprints 
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Her attack was successful, and she drew first blood. This boosted her confidence tremendously, not that it had not been high before. The woman went for her side, a poor choice of target, and used her claws to gain traction on her side. A wolf's claws were anything but sharp, and Aeronwyn feared not this, but the other woman's snapping jaws. And thus she twisted, maw agape and snapping at the other's leg, hoping for a grip. The other gained a few scratched with her fangs, but it was not enough to harm the woman excessively.
facilis descensus averno
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon couldn't find purchase on the females side, which was annoying in and of itself, however when she squirmed out of her grasp she was quick to pull back. Narrowly missing what would have been a devastating attak on her leg. An injury her pack couldn't afford at the moment. She stood facing the woman, looking for where to aim next. Trying to skirt around the woman, Shalon lunged and pushed her front legs of the ground, trying to barrel into Aeronwyn. He jaws trying to snap across the top of the womens neck.
can we please finish this? @Aeronwyn I need this for my trade
Shalon's Pawprints 
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
As the other moved forward, seeking a grip, so did the wraith. Waiting, silently, when the other lunged so did she. And explosive leap led to her barreling straight toward the other, seeking a grip as Shalon so did. Her jaws sought purchase on the underside of her throat, head or chest, moving to collide with her as two charging stags might. She would not linger to much longer after this, serious injury not in her current agenda.
facilis descensus averno
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
we can fad in the next couple of posts :)

Shalon saw Aeronwyn coming, in their current path there was nothing that could be done to stop their journey toward one another. Hoping to catch Aero in her jaws, Shalon felt the sharp pain of a bit to her chest. Although it was nothing to severe there was not comfort in the pale bitches embrace. As much as she hated to admit, if this continued much longer she would have to call for back-up.

Pushing off Aero, she but some distance between them. "I suggest you leave she-devil, before I call for back up." She felt cowardly in making such a threat but there wasn't much else she could do. She had been out matched.
Shalon's Pawprints 
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Teeth scraped dully against her shoulder, though a grip was not caught. She enjoyed her own brief grip while it lasted, but then they were apart once more, and the other was speaking.

"She-devil. I do rather like that one." she said almost thoughtfully, battle-high still running through her veins as she surveyed the other. Not bad. In a pack like her own, she may ven amount to something. But here she was, among the sheep, and she could do nothing. "Thank you, dear. It has been a while since I have enjoyed a good fight, however brief." With a slightly sarcastic dip of her muzzle, she spun on her heel, trotting away from the other and the borders, not really in the mood to take on a whole pack at the moment.
facilis descensus averno
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
A grow came from her core, Shalon had a feeling this was not going to be the last the Court saw of this pale she-wolf. Shalon almost couldn't wait for another encounter. She would work on her combat skills, improve her abilities. The next time they met Shalon wouldn't need back-up. Goal now affirmed, Shalon merely watched the woman go. "Until next time." She whispered under her breath, "Until next time, she-devil." Waiting until she was out of the sight before Shalon turned, returning to her home. In a rather fowl mood. She could feel her nick's still bleeding although slowly. They would heal. With time. She sought out her King and Queen. They would want to know about this encounter.
Shalon's Pawprints