Cedar Sweep sang the sun
the king of carvenstone
216 Posts
Ooc — Kae
Private 

Beneath the boughs of the thinned treeline, Ragna sought peace of mind. Much troubled her these days, and her walk to the sea and the land of her birth did little to soothe her. Nor did the return trip through mountain passes and riverlands. She forded the river south of Sun Mote Copse, still unsure of her standing there, and came upon the sweep of land where the forest thickened.

Ragna stayed beside the river and did not travel deeper into the wood. The water here was cool and clean, for it was not far from where it cascaded down the mountain. She lay upon the sun-warmed rocks, taking in the gentle playing of the light upon the water. It was a peaceful scene, but though she lay at rest, her mind wandered to dark places. Her tail twitched, an outward sign of her agitation, and her brows furrowed with deep thought. And there she sat and watched the water and wished to remain alone even as she wished for company.
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon had been side tracked along her travels, she hadn't meant to travel this far from home and yet here she was. She had been chasing the scent of a deer, but she had lost it long ago. And now she found she too was a little lost. The tree around her looked very similar to the once at home, but she knew she wasn't home. She had been walking for hours now, and while she wished to get home, she was also somewhat releved to be on her own to clear her thoughts. Just as she thought of being alone however, the sight of a pale woman came into view. For a moment Shalon grew angry, thinking it was the vile woman Aeronwyn! But this ones scent was different, perhaps it wasn't the agressive trespasser. Approaching with caution, Shalon stayed at a distance, "Good afternoon stranger." Her eyes were a cold and dark silver, her expression however was colder still. She held her tail high, but not agressivly so. She was more curious than anything. Where had she come from? Why was she here? Who was she? All these questions came to mind, and yet Shalon could only think of one thing to say, as she saw the females tail twitch, "I am Shalon." She had never offered her name so freely, and yet she couldn't help herself. She was reserved, but she did not want a repeat of her last encounter with an unknown female. So she offered her name as a peace treaty for but a moment.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
the king of carvenstone
216 Posts
Ooc — Kae
A voice spoke, pulling Ragna's attention from the dappled lights. The stranger cast a shadow on the water. It danced in the ripples of the shallows. This wolf's presence was inoffensive, her bearing neutral enough not to bother Ragna. Any assertion of dominance would require and equal response, and a show of submission would only lead to a boring encounter. "Hello," she said, expecting the stranger to move on. The wolf, Shalon, offered her name, which Ragna thought strange to do in passing.

But the wolf did not move on. Ragna took to watching the way the water played with the stranger's shadow, expecting her to leave any moment. When it became clear that she wasn't going to, Ragna turned her head to look again. "Can I help you?" Again the desire for solitude and for company warred within her, and it showed in her furrowed brows and the frown pulling at her lips. Ever the open book, Ragna could not hide her distress, try though she might.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon merely stood opposing the woman, and gave a small shrug, "I'm not sure if you can or not." She stated simply, watching her expressions change. The creases grew on her face, and she seemed older than she should be, the pale female seemed stricken. "Do you mind if sit? I've been walking for awhile." Shalon asked calmly, still reserved in her emotion, "Although if you truely wish to be alone, I will leave."

She watch her reaction closely, she had no wish to intrude, "But I'm afraid I've taken a wrong turn somewhere along the way...." She was refering to her travels, although she had an underlying meaning in the context of life.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
the king of carvenstone
216 Posts
Ooc — Kae
Ragna looked at the other, searching her face simply to see what she could find there. Shalon had striking eyes, but if there was anything else there, Ragna couldn't identify it. She was no good with being social, an idiosyncrasy that didn't sit well with the social nature of her species. She was shy and awkward, but her mother hadn't raised her to be rude. "Okay," she said, shifting to make room on the rock and gesturing to the vacancy with a paw.

"You're lost?" she asked, not clever enough to pick up on any possible double meanings. If Shalon was lost, Ragna didn't think she could help. The territories inland were unfamiliar, Ragna only traveled by waterways, for all water led to the sea. Her heart was a compass to the ocean, she was not suited to mountains and forests.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon finally let her lips curve into a smile, a shimmer of warmth begining to seep through. She slowly came to sit upon the rock. "Thank you." She nodded her gratitude.

"I am, I'm afraid. Although I'm not worried, I'm sure i'll find my way back eventually." She let a light chuckle escape her then. "So you know why I'm here," Shalon ventured softly, "may I ask why you are here? In the middle of no where." She tried to be gentle, and gave her an encouraging smile. She had been suspicious at first, but seeing this young wolf alone only reminded her of herself when she was younger. Perhaps if someone had stopped to talk to her, her past would have been different.
Shalon's Pawprints 
the king of carvenstone
216 Posts
Ooc — Kae
The soft susurrus of the stately cedars filled the silence Ragna left when she merely nodded in response to Shalon's thanks. The land did not belong to her, and Ragna saw no reason not to accept the other's company. Shalon came and perched beside where Ragna had settled, and if the proximity made Ragna a little uncomfortable, she was in the mood to punish herself.

"Okay," Ragna said, pleased that she wouldn't have to try to give directions. The next question came as a surprise, and Ragna equivocated on how to proceed. There was relief in sharing one's troubles with others, this she knew well. But for a wolf as shy and awkward as Ragna was, doing so was a mountainous task. She started with the truth. "I do not know what I am doing here." She lay her head upon her paws, watching the stranger through her periphery. "Where do you go when all you knew to be home is gone?"
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
The steady sound of streaming water was a comfort to Shalon as she thought, a question to end all questions, and it puzzeled her for a moment. "It takes a long time to build a home, but when you have nothing else what can you do, but put the time into rebuilding what once was." Shalon spoke quietly, "It took me 3 years to build my home, after lossing it all. I always thought I'd find another, I would find it with my travels, but it turns out home isn't something you find." She smiled, looking at her companion. Shalon wouldn't presure her to share her story, instead she would offer her wisdom opinion on topic offered to her. Shalon too had lost her home when she was young, and wondered if she could help them.
Shalon's Pawprints 
the king of carvenstone
216 Posts
Ooc — Kae
Ragna frowned, pensive. She knew what she wished, and she knew what she wanted. There was no way for her to go back, to tell herself that leaving her home and her family would be her first, worst mistake. She wanted to see her brothers again, and her mother and father. But her father was dead, and she did not know where to begin. Traveling to the Bay had not brought her any closer to finding her brothers.

"So I make it," she said. It was not what she wanted to hear, but it was what she had known. Things could not go back to the way they were, but she could make her life what she wanted it to be. She could reunite her family, and this time she would stay. The daughter of a jarl had the strength, but she did not have the means. With no leads on her family's whereabouts, she did not know how to begin. "I do not know where to start," she admitted.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon nodded it was a common issue with everyone, where do you start. Shalon didn't have the option, she didn't have a choice she could only keep moving forward. "Well..." Shalon thought carefully. "I suppose you have to decide what you want. For the longest time I roamed the world alone because I couldn't decide what I wanted. Eventually I stumbled upon my pack and they accepted me, and have helped me realize what I want. How long have you been on your own?" Shalon was assuming the girl was alone, although would be pleasantly surprised if she was wrong.
Shalon's Pawprints 
the king of carvenstone
216 Posts
Ooc — Kae
Wrap up soon?

Ragna began to grow frustrated. Yes, Shalon was trying to help. But Ragna didn't think she was being very helpful. She knew what she wanted, but she didn't know how to get it. It had been a year since she had seen them last. They could be anywhere! Shalon just didn't get it, and Ragna didn't trust herself to be able to explain. Her tail twitched almost imperceptibly, an outlet for her upset. At least Shalon asked an easy question next. "A while," Ragna answered, nonspecifically. She wasn't one to keep track of time, and could only make vague guesses.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Sure, maybe my last post?

Perhaps she had been gone to long to remember what it was like to have a family, to have a pack. Shalon simply nodded her head, "Well if you find yourself in need of help you can always find me in the Golden Glad, among the Royal Fire Court." Shalon may not consider this female a friend however she knew at least part of what she might be going through. Shalon rose to her paws, "I think I'll try this direction." She shrugged, heading east. "I hope you find what you are looking for." Shalon mentioned over her shoulder, "Perhaps we'll met again." Shalon had little hope of such an event, but you never know.
Shalon's Pawprints 
the king of carvenstone
216 Posts
Ooc — Kae
Short post to finish this off!

Whether or not the woman had helped or confused Ragna more was unclear, as her head was still clouded with doubts and uncertainties. However, her wise words had certainly not been harmful, and Ragna felt more prepared to face the nebulous future. Thank you, she said politely. You were kind. If we meet again and you have need of me, I will repay you. That, of course, was the honorable thing to do. She nodded again as the wolf left, then rested her head on her paws and let the river sounds lull her to sleep.