Emberflame Ridge We're Off To See The Wizard, The Wonderful Wizard Of- No!
421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas headed more north, unknown still to him. His legs started aching, his paws sore from pebbles and rock-hard surfaces. He had feasted on small critters here and there, but still hungered. Despite having gone under his alpha's direction, he was starting to think 'Is it even worth it?' As much as he wanted to find Charon's uncle, it was starting to seem impossible for him.

He smelt another pack nearby. Perhaps this time, he would have a big stroke of luck. So he sent out a howl for someone from it, asking for directions east, the way he thought he was supposed to head.

I forgot to tag. @Harlyn
Tricky Trickster Trickles Tricks
Free for any threads...if you dare.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
With Harlyn's strength returning more and more every day, she had begun to push herself in an effort to recooperate some of the muscle strength she had lost during her weeks spent bed ridden. It was a slow-going process, and it was only by the undeterable force of her will that she persevered when her body was so desperate to quit on her. That day, the former alpha found herself wandering beyond the borders of the Keep into territory that was rather unfamiliar to her. Her intention was to linger close to her own lands, but when a call came out across the wind, she turned to seek the source of the sound as it did not seem too much farther from where she stood.

The druid was cautious as the approached. Her gaze was turned to the side as she came within view of the stranger, and so she started slightly when she turned back to face the direction in which she was walking and subsequently settled her gaze upon his form. He was a muddy brown thing, but sharp and fit, and with soulful green eyes that stole her attention from his lithe frame. She came to him with nuetrality in her posture before fixing him with her calm gaze, curiosity evident in the slight cant of her head.

"Can I help you?" Harlyn asked gently after studying him for another moment.
Open for Commissions! PM me for more info :)
421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas stood there, waiting. Wishing for someone to answer. He was tired for his journey through the mountains. And finally, a stroke of luck! Someone came. A female with dark shades making up her fur, along with the addition of some rusty trim and white. He sighed in relief, not recognising her. And that meant good things for him. He stood still as she came closer, his expression a face of gladness yet exhaustion.

"Finally, some luck. I'm looking for someone, for my alpha Charon of Moonspear. Someone named Mordecai. You heard of him?" he asked, hoping the answer would finally be yes. If it wasn't, he was turning right back. Not caring about what he would get from the alpha.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn had no real expectations for what the stranger would say, but she was astounded when of all things, he asked for her mate by name. Her jaw dropped slightly and her ears perked. Her heart thrummed rapidly to hear his name uttered by this complete stanger, but it was a short-lived excitement for he was not telling her where Mordecai was, but asking the very same question that had plagued her for days now.

The druid swallowed hard and composed herself with a light shake of her shoulders. "Mordecai. He is my mate," Harlyn replied steadily, holding back all but the softest trace of emotion, "Unfortunately, I am not certain where he is. He left with my daughter to visit a friend of hers a few weeks ago, and neither have returned."

Harlyn felt the misery flare, and she lifted her chin to keep it at bay, focusing on the other wolf and the reason he had mentioned he was looking for Mordecai. "You mentioned Charon," she commented, "Last we knew, he was part of a pack by the sea. I do not know the name Moonspear?"
421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas had not expected her answer, even though he hoped it. Who better to tell him where Mordecai was, then his mate. He felt excited, glad even. Then his hope dwindled when she stated that she too did not know of his whereabouts. Well, at least he knew where Mordecai could be if he returned here. His ears fell a bit after the excitement left.

"It is a pack west of here." Somewhere west. He was lost, but he wouldn't admit that now. "He is alpha." Since this was Mordecai's mate, and Mordecai was Charon's uncle, that made the wolf before him Charon's aunt. "He has a litter on the way, and that is why I was sent to find him. To tell him of the news."
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn had always been interested to know more about her extended family through Mordecai. Charon was one of those she knew more about for the fact that he lived nearby, and so she felt a flare of excitement at the news the stranger had to share. In spite of the lingering melancholy at admitting to another that she was missing her mate, a smile stretched across her muzzle as her tail began to wave gently.

"That is exciting news. My congratulations to the couple, and to your pack," the druid said with a dip of her muzzle, "Do you have any idea how far along the mother is?" Harlyn had never met Charon, but the idea of paying him a visit brought warmth to her heart. After all, she was an Ostrega now and had borne a future generation of Ostregas herself. Even if Mordecai never returned, it would not change who she had become.
421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas din't know in full detail how Amekaze was. But he guessed that lack of information meant nothing bad had happened. "She's doing fine. Nothing bad yet. Is there any message you want me to send back to him?" Judas asked. Perhaps a 'hello', or a 'hope to see them soon'. Judas just wanted to bring something back from this trip. Besides what he experienced before coming here. Thinking back on that gave a small grim expression that he tried to cover up with a smile.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn tilted her head slightly, curious at the response she received. It didn't quite answer the question she had asked, but she supposed it didn't much matter. Chances were, she would never make it to Moonspear before they were born, even if they were due exactly two months from that day.

So  instead she smiled and considered her words carefully. "Tell him we're immensely happy for him," Harlyn said finally, "And as soon as we are able, we'll come to visit. And though I know circumstance may not permit it, please tell him he is welcome at Marauder's Keep should he wish to come. His cousins I am sure would be thrilled to meet him." 

It struck her a bit painfully to speak for her mate and her children when all she had at the moment was Silas. But still, her hope drive her to speak as though they were all together.
421 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Judas gave a light smile, glad they would visit sometime. Perhaps maybe he would meet Harlyn again, along with Mordecai if they ever came by. He would be sure to pass on the message, and not forget. "I will pass it on to Charon and Amekaze. Thank you for your time." He gave a quick dip of his nose then began to head off. This time going another direction, not wanting to go the same way he'd come from.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn smiled, but it was a bittersweet one as she wondered when, if ever, she would manage the journey to Moonspear. Mordecai would have gone, without a doubt. Perhaps he would have even taken Silas with him, in some other alternate reality where they had never left the Hollow and still lived there, safe and happy and whole. Things were a far cry from that dream, though. Still, the druid sent a silent prayer to her gods that perhaps they may yet reclaim at least a small shred of that happiness again.

"Thank you," she said before stalling, watching as he turned to head off. She had not gotten his name, but she let it go as he was already departing. With a turn back towards the Keep, she began to make the slow trek back to her son.