Stavanger Bay i'm a gambling man, pol
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Private 
for @Chusi !

He was spending more and more time in the forest nestled between two towering mountains, where the tall sequoias secreted a sweet, red sap like bloody tears. It was dark, but it was fortified, protected, and the more time the melanistic coywolf spend in the territories' confines the more he knew that it was where his Teaghlaigh would build their empire. His mother had told him many times, long ago, to never settle for what he wanted but this was not settling. The Ravensblood Forest was a logical location — self-sustaining — and the towering lookout spires on either side of it offered invaluable protection from others. Mentally, Arturo mapped out the forest once more as he walked the sands of Stavanger Bay, that the borders that would need the heaviest guard would be the eastern and western borders. The proximity to Blackrock Depths was prime as well, putting the aligned packs close for the benefit of one another.

Yes. Despite the Ceannasach's logical and calm demeanor he could feel the excitement, the pride to stake his claim rise strong within him. It was almost child-like the giddiness that tickled at him. A feeling he had not experienced in quite some time. The morning was humid, though the salty breeze rolling off the ocean was enough to keep the gangster pleasantly cool. Soon autumn would be upon them and not too far after would roll in winter. Arturo knew he needed to move, needed not to dawdle too long. Thankfully, Arturo had never been an idle man. Once he had a plan he begun to put it into motion and the gangster had no intention of sitting on this.

It was the strong scent of Donnelaith that drew the gangster out of his planning, startling him into the realization that unintentionally he was close to their borders. His steps ceased and he bowed his head to inhale their scents, having met a few of them recently but otherwise had done his best to stay clear of their borders. For a moment, the gangster thought of the small child: Chusi and the lovely bard wondering if it would be imprudent to ask to see them. The child Arturo understood: she had unintentionally triggered all of his paternal instincts having been too dormant in his time away from his children and their rejection of his “fathering” in their adulthood. The woman bard was another matter entirely though he was quick to brush it off as the simple fact that Arturo'd always held a great appreciation for beauty. Yes, surely that was it. He appreciated her beauty, and the spell her mesmerizing voice had left upon him. A soft scoff was given to himself before he turned and looked back to the long stretch of what seemed like endless beach before him though he did not immediately begin his trek back the way he'd came, lingering for a few minutes longer.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
The small girl had spent most of her time exploring and socializing with what seemed like her new family. She had lost count of day and time as they passed, but had never forgotten her time with Sen, Aggie, Zephyr, Szymon, Darky and Arturo. They were her bestest friends, except for Sen, and she'd do anything to make them happy. For now, she had to deal with being in a place she'd rather not be. Yes Lotte and, like, everyone else was nice and all, but she wanted to be at Blackrock Depths. Szymon had said she could visit, so why couldn't she just stay there? She knew how to hunt somewhat from watching Zephyr and Aggie, so why couldn't she contribute enough to be where she wanted to be? Arturo was another reason she wanted to be under the care of Szymon and Doe, for he had been the nicest out of all the Blackrock Depths' wolves. 

Little Chusi found herself wandering one day- not having anything planned. She thought of visiting Szymon and possibly Arturo, but found herself shying away from the border quite often. She wasn't the social butterfly everyone thought she was- it was only with special someones that she could really talk. But today was different; a scent hung in the air, one she recognized.

Her little legs, who had actually grown longer since last being at Blackrock, began moving at a rapid pace as she weaved her not-so-tiny-but-still-quite-small body over the moist sand. 'Tuuuuuuroooo!!!! She screamed with a happy giggle as the man came into view. A grin from ear to ear lit up her young face as she was finally close enough for her liking- nuzzling against one of his legs if he allowed her to.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
There was a scream of his name — or rather two syllables of his name — and startled he whipped around, his hackles bristling even as he recognized the voice of Chusi. He did not immediately register the scream as a happy thing despite that he could not particularly detect any sort of fear in the sound. Not until he heard the happy giggle that followed as he watched the child barreling towards him across the sand, her movements made slightly sluggish by the effort of running through the sand which constantly shifted underfoot. Relief flooded him a second later and his body visibly relaxed when he realized that she was not in any danger. It would seem that his overwhelming paternal instincts made him easily jumpy and unnecessarily protective when it came to the young. Did that mean he was out of practice? Was that something he would ever be out of practice for? No, no. They might have feigned dormancy when his children no longer needed him but they were still active. The ease in which he felt them for Chusi and Qilaq was proof enough of that.

He saw the ear to ear grin upon her muzzle and something warm burst within his chest, blossoming and spreading through him. A sense of pure joy that only children could bring to the gangster. Children were both his redemption arch and his Achilles heel but there wasn't anything the Ceannasach loved more than being a father. “Hello Chusi,” Arturo greeted her, bemused when the child nuzzled against his leg. “I-I think you've grown!” He feigned astonishment but he could tell that she had grown since the last he'd seen her. He remembered from his own children that they'd reached a stage where they grew rapidly. In what felt then like it'd only been a lazy blink of his eyes and they were their adult sizes. “Let me look at you,” He put a small distance between them, ducking his head down to her so he could 'hmm' as he made a show of studying her. Secretly, he checked to make sure that she was unharmed. It wasn't that he didn't trust the Donnelaith wolves it was just that he was a father and though he was not Chusi's this appeared to make no difference.

“Aha, mhm, just as I suspected,” The gangster grinned down at the girl when he was satisfied that she seemed in tip-top shape and good health. “You have grown.” He let out a soft chuckle, smiling warmly at her. “How have you been Chusi?” How has your lovely lady bard friend been? though he did not give voice to the second question, not wanting to divulge so forwardly that he fancied the scarfed Donnelaith woman and because he wished to focus upon Chusi.
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her wet, tiny nose nestled into the sand smothered fur on her friend's leg and she jumped up a few times- realizing she was higher than ever before. She could just reach his chin if she tried hard enough and jumped, and that was not something she could've done before. Shocked by the sudden discovery, she froze slightly, a pink tongue sticking out her mouth as she had just tried to kiss his leg. Ocher eyes blinked up at the masked individual as he greeted her, and she forgot to pull her tongue back in. He noticed too! She was so happy that she turned around to jump in a circle, giggling quite proudly. When she noticed that he wanted to take a better look, she turned to him -chest puffed out a little in pride.

Soon- I'll be just like you all! She remarked happily. She couldn't wait to just lick someone's face off without having to wait for them to lower! Of course, she did feel quite special when they did it just for her, but she wanted to face them at all times. She wanted to fight and spar and all things the cool wolves did! She knew Szymon could teach her, but could Arturo be just as awesome- maybe even awesome-er? 

I'm okay- but I really miss you and Szymon... She said, her happy tone never faltering. How are all of you- Szymon? you? The tiny girl? She rambled, not knowing why the other black pup had entered her mind all of the sudden. Secretly it was the sister bond, but never would she have known. 
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo chuckled at the child's comical look: with her tongue sticking out of her mouth before, apparently delighted by his attention to her growth she jumped in a circle, giggling. A sound that the gangster found that he missed in his life. He had never thought he would miss the giggling of a young child, at first. Though, admittedly, often times with his young their giggling oft meant they were getting into some sort of trouble or trying to hide something from their mother or him. Sometimes, their giggling was something to worry about. This did not, presently anyway, seem to be the case with Chusi. The gangster's tail swayed happily behind him, brushing against his haunches of his will and not just from the strong breeze that rolled constantly off the ocean. “You will.” Arturo affirmed with a sage nod. All too soon, perhaps. Children tended to grow so very fast. Too fast if Arturo was being honest. The worst part was the worry did not ever truly leave: even now full grown and capable of handling themselves like Fearghal's like Teaghlaigh in the world Arturo worried for his children.

Chusi admitted to missing them, to missing him and the gangster offered her a fond, sad smile. The truth was he missed her too. “Well; I suspect,” Arturo drew with a contemplative breath looking up and over the girl's head to the sentinels rising in the near distance. “I haven't spoken with Szymon one on one in some time,” Which was a shame, really, because Arturo rather liked the fair haired Cairn; but both men were busy and Arturo spent more and more of his time in the Forest he had turned his intentions of conquering to. Recruiting, border markings — it all took up time. Most of his time. “I don't know much of the other child, though I assume she is well too,” Arturo admitted. He hadn't even been aware of her presence until he'd seen her at the activity.

“What if you didn't have to miss me? I'm settling my Family in a forest north of here,” He gestured in the general direction with his muzzle. “What if you went with me? Became apart of The Family?” Arturo inquired, studying the girl carefully for her reaction.
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Arturo was like her cool uncle, she found, for the definition of family was very wide for the young girl. She hardly knew what a father was, so for her every friend of her was also her family. It was a blessing really, to have so many friends whom she could call family, but also quite spooky. If she would ever learn how other wolves were "made", she would really wonder who her Monster-Mother's partner had been. Sometimes she wondered why she was so small compared to her friends- why she had to grow to become like them. A grin painted her black face, eyes closed as she showed her full mouth of adult teeth. Will you teach me how to fight when I'm bigger? How long must I wait to become one of you? She asked, her grin disappearing into a questioning frown that was neither sad nor happy.

She listened with perked ears, excited to hear how her family was doing. The answer Arturo provided was not satisfying, but she didn't blame him for not knowing. She secretly blamed the lady in gray for not accepting her- for if she had been accepted at Blackrock, she would've asked how Szymon was doing herself. What did the other pup have what she didn't? If Chusi was being honest, the other small wolf had looked rather small and sick. Oh... She let out, her first happily wagging tail stopping with what it was doing. She cast her ocher gaze upon her paws, shuffling them around a bit in the sand. Well, at least no monster has come to take any of you away yet. She said optimistically, her tail slowly swaying for side to side.

Her ears poked forward, as well as her whole body as Arturo continued. Become a part of his family? Weren't they already family? Still, the thought of being with Arturo all the time thrilled her. A smile crept onto her muzzle, nodding her head rapidly. I wanna! Who else will be there? Will Szymon come? Lotte? She asked excitedly. D-Doe...? She stuttered after- for she was afraid the woman would not like her being in the same pack as her. 
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
As children were wont to do Chusi was eager to grow up, eager to be “one of them” as she put it. Her smile was wide, Arturo saw, her sharp adult teeth pearly white against the ebon backdrop of her lips as she inquired as to if he could teach her to fight. “I will teach you to fight, if that is what you desire,” Arturo agreed with a sage nod. She could be whatever she wanted to be: a fighter, or a stargazer, or huntress and anyone who told her differently deserved no part in her life as far as Arturo was concerned. “what mastery were you looking to learn? Guardian, Tactician, or Warrior?” For each specialty came with it's own specific lessons. “You will grow up before you know it, Chusi, don't you worry,” Arturo knew first hand how quick the time would fly by. “You should enjoy being a child while you are still one.” Being an adult was different, marginally so. There were so many responsibilities, and once you were an adult you couldn't ever go back. She did not seem overly happy about the vague answers he had for her and for a moment the gangster frowned, inhaling deeply and letting it out. It was his own fault, really, so focused on Teaghlaigh as he was. “No, no you can rest assured there's been no monsters.”

The gangster felt his heart thrum in his chest with delight when the child began to nod vigorously at his offer of her joining him. She expressed her interest in going with him verbally followed by who else was going. “Szymon and Doe will stay here. This is where they belong,” but not him. Not anymore. His path led him elsewhere despite that it would always be intertwined with the Depths wolves because of the alliance that Skellige and him had agreed on many months ago now. “but I have an alliance with the leader, Skellige that any and all Depth wolves are welcome at Teaghlaigh and to be treated as family in exchange for the same courtesies for us,” He informed her, fixating his gaze upon her. She could still change her mind, if she wished though, secretly, Arturo hoped that the fact that Szymon wasn't going would not hinder her decision any.

Chusi had brought up the young, pretty bard, inquiring if she would be joining him. “As for Lotte,” Arturo drew in a breath. “I cannot say. I have not asked her, though she is welcome to come with us if she that is what she wishes.” Arturo spoke, his ears cupping forth, towards Chusi as he watched for her reactions to what he'd shared with her.
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her hind legs bounced up and down in excitement- finally someone who was willing to teach her cool stuff! She had seen some Donnelaith wolves playing with plants too, but that was not what interested her. Plants were beautiful, flowers even more so, but they were simply boring when they were used for anything else than being looked at. Fighting was where her young heart lay- fighting off monsters, she felt, was her destiny even more so than to stay under the care of her precious Arturo. Warrior sounds cooool! She breathed out in aw. She bowed her front body down with a "ferocious growl", her bum in the air where her tail displayed signs of joy and excitement. She positioned herself, more to look cool so than to actually attack, and jumped to the side where she tumbled down with a barrel of laughs accompanied with hiccups. But I wanna be big right nooow! I wanna protect you and Szymon, Lotte and Darky! She said, scampering up quickly- hair sticking out at places with some sand as decoration.

Good- otherwise I would've had to eat them! She said with a smirk of a kid who clearly had seen some horrible things but was still incredibly naive when it came to bad things. After her last attempt at being a fighter, she felt a little tired, and moved toward Arturo a bit to eventually sit down to hear what he had to say. Her bobbed her head a little to hear everything better, eventually tilting it to one side. Skellige? Who's that? And Teag-Teaghlalala...? She gave up trying to pronounce it properly. She found the new words more exciting than being sad about Szymon not coming with them- instead focusing on the positive; she would be able to visit!

I'll ask her when I get back! She replied excitedly, quite interested in what Lotte would want to do. She was very nice and could sing beautifully, and Chusi had found herself caring about the scarfed creature quite a bit. For now, ya think you take me in a fight? She said with a playful smirk, lifting up her butt into a standing position.

**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo was not precisely sure who 'Darky' was but as he didn't think it was much of his business the gangster didn't ask. Her reasons for wanting to be an adult were just, noble even and Arturo felt himself smiling down at her, charmed by her. “That is a very noble reason,” The gangster remarked with a thoughtful rumble of approval. He did not discourage her by saying that he (nor possibly the others) did not really need protection. As it was, Arturo was typically the one who did the protecting. Instead, the gangster sought to nourish her dreams, wanted her to flourish in what she wished to succeed in. As of the moment that was being a warrior. He did not raise his children in that negative way and he wouldn't raise his future children in that way, either, adopted or biological. “I will teach you all that you will need so that when you're an adult you can protect us.” The gangster murmured in a reassuring tone. “Does that sound like a good deal?” He inquired a few seconds after wards, leaning towards her with the intent of offering her an affectionate nudge providing she let him and sat still long enough for the motion to follow through.

A warm chuckle rumbled in Arturo's throat as she spoke of eating the monsters. “I can't imagine monsters would taste very good,” He scrunched his nose up for show, playing along. Delighted by how easy it was to slip inside the role of father and how entirely unbridled he was about it. He very much doubted her father would come looking for her and if he did: well Arturo would have contingency plans in place for that. Chusi didn't need anyone in her life that would abandon her. No child deserved to live that sort of life. She needed stability. A Family. Like the Teaghlaigh. Like him.

“Skellige is the Depth's Alpha. He's Szymon's brother,” Arturo explained with practiced patience, remembering to be specific. Children tended to do better when things were specifically explained to them., in his experience. “You can just call it The Family, if that's easier.” Boadicea's native tongue was not the easiest to pronounce, admittedly. Arturo himself had only ever fancied it enough to name his children following her tradition, and accordingly his pack. “If Lotte doesn't want to leave Donnelaith she doesn't have to, and if she decides to stay where she is, you'll tell her she's always welcome to visit and sing for us, won't you?” Yes, Arturo would like that a lot, admittedly.

Arturo grinned down at Chusi at her inquiry. “Oh, I don't know,” Arturo hummed, inhaling deeply and letting out a theatrical, thoughtful sigh. “You do have some impressive teeth.” Arturo observed, glimpsing at her from the corner of his eye.
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Darky was the fine reason she was here- bonded with both Donnelaith and the Depth's wolves. She was one of her bestest friends, even though the dark nymph of a woman had not spoken a word to her. The tufts on her ears were a dead give-away, and if she ever decided to show up again- Chusi would tell Arturo of them meeting Szymon at least a moon ago or so. For now, she had no reason to. Her chest puffed out in pride at his words, finding her reason to fight to be just a thing that she was destined to do. Ya think? She asked with big eyes- quite enchanted by his soft low tones and sophisticated way of talking. Her smile only brightened when he voiced his deal- making a small jump closer to him. Yeeehees! She yelled in a quite soft tone for her usual way of speaking; afraid to annoy him with her happy screeches. He nudged her softly, and deep under her black fur she blushed. It was not love she was feeling for him, it was just all the excitement that was getting to her.

Well, at least they'll be gone! She remarked positively, with a nod of her head. That'll teach 'em not to mess with us. She followed with a "gang- y" shrug. The longer this conversation went on, the more attached she became to the masked man. She had never known the purpose of a dad, nor what a dad actually was. She knew Zephyr wasn't daddy, and neither was Szymon or even Arturo. She had never met anyone besides Sen that claimed to be a parent of her and neither did she know of her sibling that was so close now. If only she could finish the puzzle of why she was somehow attached to the other child without having spoken with her alone at all...

A brother? What's tha? She asked with a frown, tipping her head to the right in confusion. The importance of Skellige for the little girl faded away with new words, now focused on soaking up information like a lil' sponge. But it sounds mo' interestin' the way you said it before! She sort of whined. She just hadn't heard him right the first time- of course she could remember a word as simple as Teagh-... Oh dear sea... She rapidly nodded her head at the next line he spoke to her- Lotte was an amazing singer, and a very good care-taker. Chusi appreciated the scarfed woman's niceness, and would very much like her to either come with them or visit from time to time. She was sure that she could visit Donnelaith as well if she were to join Arturo's Family- which she most certainly planned on doing.

The little one licked her lips. Oh yeah? I bet ya have bettah ones. It was a compliment of sorts- but more of a sign she really wanted to see his teeth as well. No one had ever been angry at her enough to snarl, and she was dying to see what her murder weapons would look like when she was grown. 
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
“I know so,” The gangster confirmed for the girl with a sage nod of his head. Of course onhav whether it was noble or not was a matter of opinion and in Arturo's there was nothing more noble then wanting to protect the ones you cared about. It was Arturo's reasoning for everything: For The Family. It was oxygen that breathed life into his inferno. The Family guided him, motivated him. The Ceannasach did not just lead The Family: he lived it like all the others. They were his life blood. No, there would never be anything more noble than protecting your Family. “That's very true.” Arturo remarked about the monsters. He couldn't argue with that logic and so he didn't.

“A brother is your siblings. Born of the parents as you.” Arturo explained. He, himself had never had any siblings having been the only of his litter and for reasons unknown to him his mother had never chosen to have more children. Whether his father did or not...Arturo didn't know and didn't care. Cynbel hadn't came around and Arturo had never made to contact him. “Teaghlaigh,” Arturo spoke it again, slowing up his pronunciation of it, sounding out the syllables (because Tori isn't totally sure how to say it herself, oops) for her.

The gangster chuckled at the girl's attempt at flattery. “Perhaps,” Arturo offered her elusively with a flick of his tail. He lifted his muzzle for a moment running through the pros and cons of her request knowing that he would not truly refuse her subtle request. Though Arturo was not sure how to cushion the gesture so it did not look so menacing or threatening to the girl his lips curled back to reveal his own sharp teeth to her so that she might see just for a few moments. “What do you think?” He inquired of her after a few seconds, glimpsing down at her, fixating her in his fiery red-orange gaze curious as to what she'd have to say about his teeth.

My, what big teeth you have. All the better to eat you with, my dear. Was all that he was able to think about and he scoffed lightly to himself. Such a morbid children's tale.
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She closed her eyes as she grinned- the child's spirit was growing because of all this flattery. Not ever was she so sure of her destiny and the purity of what it was than now. It was absolutely crazy to think her body would grow so big she could fight- even with a slim build like her mother and strong, long legs. If only Zephyr was here to see her grow into a warrior of The Family under the protection of Uncle Art. Siblings? I dun't think I have any... She questioned in a softer tone. She didn't know if it was normal to have no brothers, for she didn't know how many children a parent could give. She also wasn't sure how it worked- the whole giving children. 

Teaghlaigh... She said it slowly but with no stuttering. 's tha right? She asked, her head tipped slightly to the left. It sounded like what Arturo had said, but perhaps she just didn't have the tongue for this... language? Oh, bother, at least she had tried it and succeeded to some extent. 

Her eyes blinked in interest- afraid Arturo had not gotten the hint. She could've been more clear with him on the whole thing, but that didn't feel right. "Hey, can I see ya teeth?" wasn't exactly normal from the things she had heard. But, fortunately, her doubt disappeared when he pulled up his lips; revealing his own pearly white. She made a sound that resembled "aawww..." looking for as long as he let her. Yep, those are much bettah. She said with an approving nod like a lil' judge. She knew it was not her place to judge others -they had Doe for that-, but on this matter she could if it didn't harm anyone.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
She spoke that she didn't have any siblings and Arturo offered her a soft smile. “You wanna know a secret?” He inquired softly, giving a pause only to hear her response before he added, “I don't have any siblings either.” Arturo wasn't honestly sure what factors decided how many pups a mother would give birth to in a litter. Those dynamics were very so far above the gangster's own head. Perhaps it depended upon the mother's age, or where she was in her heat cycle when she was during the time of conception, or perhaps how many litter's she had previous played a role. He had been his mother's first but unless Duana had lied to him his children had been his ex-lover's first. Unknowingly, Arturo's brows had furrowed slightly as he contemplated it, before he realized he'd lost himself in thought and refocused his gaze upon the young Chusi as she repeated Teaghlaigh to him.

“Very good, Chusi!” The gangster praised her with enthusiasm. “That's exactly right: Teaghlaigh.” He nodded his head a few times, a warm chuckle spilling from his lips, reminiscing about how at one time a much younger Arturo would have never thought there was anything else he enjoyed being as much as a gangster. He'd learned with the birth of his children that, that wasn't true. He enjoyed being a father just as much as he enjoyed being a gangster (if not more). He knew that Chusi was not his child and that perhaps she did not even need a father. He did not set out to become that role to her, never wanting to force it upon her but he could not help his paternal and nurturing ways, nor the gentleness the girl inspired in him. They were far too ingrained within him.

She inspected his teeth, and he tried not to laugh at the 'aww' noise she made as she did it. “Someday,” The gangster drew with a breath and a slight duck of his head towards her. “Your teeth will be better than mine.” He spoke it with utter confidence. “There are things you can do to strengthen them, along side practicing spars,” Arturo told her. “Chewing on bones will help strengthen your jaw, and the calcium is good for your teeth and your bones. Playing tug-o-war helps, too.” His children had played it a lot growing up, and occasionally Arturo would join in but that had never seemed fair to him until they were older and bigger. There was no joy to be found in besting a child you had a clear advantage over.
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her eyes grew wide. A secret? No one had ever told her a secret before! She blushed again, thinking she must be very special or dear to Arturo if he so openly wanted to share his secret with her. Yes please... She whispered in a softer tone, bringer her head a little closer to hear him better. It was weird thinking that only the sea and her would hear him say this- Chusi now finding that the sea was very much alive. It was a character all on her own, and Chusi loved her dearly. Her smile faded. He was lonely too. He must be- just like her. She pressed her forehead against one of his shoulder and nuzzled him. 's okay- ya have meh now. She said softly before pulling back- a comforting smile on her cute face. Dun't have to be lonely anymoh'.

She was flattered by his praise again. It was weird that a compliment from him felt like a thousand butterflies that tickled her belly. She didn't know what exactly it was what she was feeling, nor did she know what would become of her if it kept tickling like this. It was faint enough to ignore, but it still left her uneasy in a nice way under his gaze. 's the forest ya picked out nice? She asked, curious. Forests could be very beautiful, she knew, but if it was very very far away from the sea she might not like it that much. Still, she'd kill to stay with Arturo- she'd make sure never to lose him like she had lost Zephyr and Aggie.

Oooho, I wann' a bone! She said, her black tail swaying in the air like a spastic flag. Where do'I find one? She asked, her head already tilting to see if there were any close-by. Would she have to kill someone to get a bone? Or were many just hidden, maybe under the sand?
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
The Fearghal monarch watched as the child's smile faltered, as he expressed that he, too, did not have any siblings. He spent a small measure of time trying to read her expression, trying to see if he could understand what was going through her head. Arturo had only aimed to curb any feeling of isolation she might have been feeling by being an only child by drawing a similarity between him and her. There were still differences, of course. Boadicea had been around to raise him, even if she had turned an ignorant eye towards the hell her pack had made his life until he'd been old enough to retaliate. Old enough to kill. Arturo's brow furrowed when the girl pressed her head against his shoulder and nuzzled., assuring him that it was okay, that he had her and that he didn't have to be lonely anymore. Admittedly, the gangster was baffled by this extreme and abrupt role reversal they had taken, though he kept his poker face in place to hide the fact that he was busy analyzing what the hell had just happened. Was he lonely? He didn't think so. He'd drawn strength and companionship from The Family, and when his children had been around and young, when they had still needed him, he'd been far from lonely. Even Duana though they had disagreed on many things had offered good companionship until their relationship had drawn to a natural end. “Thank you, Chusi.”

Their conversation made it's way back to Ravensblood Forest and Arturo was secretly glad for the chance of conversation, still feeling like it should have been him assuring her that she didn't have to be lonely anymore and definitely not the way it'd gone. The Ceannasach's lips pursed for a few seconds as he contemplated her question. I think so,” He told her honestly, contemplative. “We will not want for prey. The tall sequoias will offer plenty of shelter against bad weather and heavy snows. They will keep us cool in the summer and warmer in the winter. The north and south borders are protected by towering spires from the mountain ranges that run parallel to one another. Plus we will be close to the Depths and Donnelaith so they can visit us easily and vice versa.” Tactically speaking: it was a good place to lay down roots and build his empire. Close to his allied pack. Fortified. Self-sustaining.

“I can bring you a bone, or keep one for you in Teaglaigh,” Which reminded him... “How long do you need to say your goodbyes? When should I return for you?” Arturo inquired wanting to iron out a day with her for him to return to ensure she had enough time to do ...whatever she needed to. Ask Lotte if she was interested, and inform them that she was parting. Arturo assumed it wouldn't take long but he certiantly didn't want to rush her.
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi had never been truly lonely growing up- even within the arms of darkness. There had always been this fuzzy feeling of hope inside her belly, like butterflies made entirely out of light. Perhaps that is why she found that "beautiful" was not enough to describe something phenomenal. Butterflies were good and hopeful- especially since it was the landing of a butterfly that had brought her closer to her dear Zephyr. Even when they had traveled to the pink forest she had not been lonely. There had always been someone looking out for her, and that made the wolves who did almost holy in the child's eyes. Yes, she found that she could perfectly care for herself - especially with her growing body-, but it was nice to have this wind in her back made out of the soft compliments of her Teaghlaigh. Y'ar welcome... She whispered softly.

Sow it isn't far then? Could I make the trip here all by mahself? She questioned, quite excited by a place for only her and Teaghlaigh. She knew most won't want her wandering too far, but perhaps Arturo encouraged exploring for herself. She was almost grown, she felt, and exploring and fighting were calling her. It was so amazing thinking of how far she had come. From a tiny blind and deaf lump of meat to a ruthless little girl.

Ooho, yes please! Can ya hide it at the forest ya picked ou'? I bet I could find it! She said with a confident smirk. It was true- if the bone smelled like something, her nose could definitely find it. She was often surprised at how well her nose worked. Like just moments ago, it seemed, she had smelled Arturo from a far distance away! Her eyes rolled to the sky as she thought. Uuuhhmm... Tomorrow? The day after? It won't take sow long. She said, her right paw playing with some sand. Was it right to just leave Donnelaith? Well, it wasn't like she wanted to be there in the first place. She had sort of just been told to stay there, but she'd much rather be with Arturo. Her ears flicked, unsure if this was going to mean any trouble for her.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
She uttered her “you're welcome” in a whisper so soft that Arturo almost missed it. Would have missed it, likely, would he not have been paying attention. “No, it is not far,” Arturo confirmed for her with a slight shake of his head. It was much closer to the Depths than Two Rivers Isle had been and for that there was a silver lining to him having abandoned the idea of conquering the Isle he'd originally wanted. His patience had rewarded him and Arturo was happy with Ravensblood Forest. He regarded her question of making the trip to and fro by herself. Naturally, the paternal part of him wanted to say that she should take an escort with her — and perhaps he would slip in the suggestion — but also he realized it was important to allow her, her independence as well. The struggle was a familiar one. A little nostalgic, perhaps, but all too familiar. “Once you know the route I don't see why you can't make the trip by yourself, but perhaps the first couple times you should have an adult escort you, just in case.” He offered the compromise, leaving it open to hear any suggestion she might have had on the matter. Or flat out refusal. Devin had been his most stubborn and his most independent and Arturo found himself expecting the refusal.

“I will hide it for you.” He murmured in promise. He blinked down at her when she tried to decide when she wanted him to release her from Donnelaith's guardianship and take her into his own. “Which do you want, Chusi? Do you want me to return tomorrow for you? Or would you like an extra day with the bard?” He inquired of her, wanting her to make the decision for herself.
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Gud- mah feet are tired from travelin' soow much. She replied with a stuck-out tongue. It was true; she was tired. Like, really tired. She was still only a kid, after all, even if she often thought she was much older. Her tiny tail wagged in the air. This was too much excitement in such a short amount of time. Was there something like being too happy? Because if there was- she was sure she was feeling it right now. surely she wouldn't be able to sleep that night, poor Lotte. She listened carefully to Arturo's words, knowing he meant well. He was just looking out for her, she believed, and since she liked him so much she was willing to do what would make him happy. But she would only be escorted like, 3 times or so. After that she was sure she could do it all on her own. Fiiine, deal. She said with shifty eyes- obviously as part of the joke.

Thank ya! She chipped happily with closed eyes. Despite not having learned much from her mother- she had still been learned manners like saying "please" and "thank you". Just come tomorro'- otherwise it'll be harder for meh to leave. She said with a nod. with so little time left, she better head back home if she wanted to explain everything to her "older sister". Still, she waited for an official dismissal from Arturo- any sign he would better carry on with whatever he had been doing before she so rudely crashed his party.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
“Tomorrow it is then,” Arturo affirmed out loud, offering her a slight nod of his head and flick of his tail against his haunches. “I will call for you a few hours after the sun has risen,” Arturo told her so she had some sort of rough time frame to prepare herself for it. “Make sure you get plenty of rest and fill your belly before I call for you. It's not far but it is still a journey.” He parented advised her. She would have a lot of walking in store for her come tomorrow morning and he wanted her to be as prepared as she could be for the trek. “Go say your goodbyes and rest up.” He dismissed her with a gesture towards Donnelaith. It was only when he ensured that she safely crossed back into their territory did he turn his back to it and begin his own preparations for the day they had before them.
i bare my bloody teeth