Golden Glade Halfway Through
King
"Bad boys aint no good, but good boys aint no fun."
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Pack Activity 
The first Royal Fire Court puppy shower! :D Everyone is required to join, No post order or restrictions! This is a party: Have fun! @Aspen and @Heartha please let everyone else (Being @Nico @Shalon and @Penelope ) join first! Feel free to PP Alder a little in your own posts, since I'm doing this in one big post.

Today was the day, and the best part was that nobody even knew! It was a new thing Alder had thought up in his absense-not much else to do when you're bedridden all by yourself- puppy parties! Since women were supposed to be respected and cared for, and pregnancy was probably the hardest thing ever on a female, it only seemed right that halfway through their pregnancies, they got to be the center of attention. 

And so, the morning after his return, he woke before the break of dawn. It wasn't hard to do, considering he woke every hour in his excitement for the next day: this made hunting pretty hard for the groggy King, and by the time the sun had risen- everyone would be waking soon-there was only three rabbits dangling from his jaws. With six members in the Court, Alder would have to go dip into a cache to feed everyone, but that wasn't a problem. After dropping off all six in previously found Illumination Meadow, the ginger patched male set off for his next job: rounding up the other three members of the Court-the ones that werent pregnant or him. Shalon, he would look for first, since she was the Duchess, but then whomever he found first between Nico and the newcomer Penelope didn't matter. He just had to look for them all without drawing attention from the girls. One by one, he silently sought them out, stalking about the Glade for them each, giving them each the same soft-spoken orders:
                       "I'm throwing a puppy party for Aspen and Heartha today, and everyone else has to go and find something for each of them. I don't care what it is: flowers, something for the pups to play with when they get older, herbs, just something that shows you care and we appreciate them growing the babies for the family. If you see either of them, you haven't seen me and you're not collecting things for a party, okay? Meet back at Illumination Meadow in about an hour. After I find my things, I'll bring the girls to the field. I'll be loud, so when you hear me make sure you all hide!"

His own gifts for the girls were next, and since he planned to bring his children toys and the such, he knew it needed to be something special for their mothers. 
It took only 10 minutes to find something his Queen would love: A luna moth. Alder didn't know if Aspen knew anything about the pale green insect, but his father had told him a bit of lore behind it. They represent living life to the fullest and finding the most important part of life-love, and they also are believed to be talismans for protection and succcess. So, after giving it a good smack with a massive paw-killing it, but not breaking its beautiful, flowing green wings-Alder scoopedd it gently in a paw and settled to limping until he went back to the meadow.
Heartha, however, was much harder to find a gift for. After crossing through the meadow-twice- and depositing his moth for Aspen, a half an hour later he still couldn't find anything.
Eventually, he had to seek out the girls. For now, he was okay with looking for them as he had the others-by foot, without calling. It gave him more time to look for.... That!
There, growing in a rare patch of bright sun rays, were tulips. They were a scarlet red on the outside, but the inside was a sunset orange: they were beautiful. Plucking the largest, plumpest one, Alder raced his way back to Illumination Meadow, dropping it beside Aspens moth, and after telling everyone gathered that he was off to find them, set off for the last time.

This time, he did call for them. Tipping his blackened muzzle back and howling out for them, loud and jouous, he set forward to intercept them. They found him at the same time, luckily, and with a stoic mask of barely contained excitement, he told them only to follow him, as he had something to show them. Shortening and slowing his usually long strides to keep himself just ahead of the two, Alder could feel his tail quivering in excitement as it curled over his back. Hushing any questions they might have for him, paws slamming heavily to the earth and scattering earth before him, the King stepped into the flower-ridden meadow: the only place in Golden Glade you could actually see the sky. Now, he was being especially loud, dragging his paws and stepping more heavy than he should, and he announced their presence to the seemingly empty meadow, leading them right to their gifts somewhere near the center.
                                                          "Aspen, Heartha, this is for you. All of it is!"
The last four words he called out to the pack, inviting them to jump out and surprise the two mothers-to-be. By this time, he was unable to contain his excitement, his rump wiggling with the force of his wagging tail and ears cupped forward. His one good eye bounced from Aspen to Heartha and back again, waiting and reading their reactions.

Since the other members are gone, the post is waiting on @Heartha and @Aspen  and its just the four of us.
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon as per usual could be found by her rock, she was in a lounging mood today. She hadn't been in a particularily good mood for the last few weeks. She was excited for the pups to come, especially Aspen's. She was still unsure of Heartha, she was a kind girl, however the despair from Aspen was still fresh in Shalon's mind. Shalon held nothing against the girl, from what she gathered it was probably an accident, but still it had hurt Aspen so deeply.

Before she could think herself to cruel, Alder's scent arrived before the man himself did. Looking his way with a small smile she waited for him to approach her, and listened to his words with care. A party? She thought. "I'll see you there Alder." She smiled even brighter, before realising that she now had to find presents! Shalon grumbled a little, she was terrible at gift giving. With a sigh she set herself to the task. What to get? What to get?

She headed toward the stream, it was getting more and more cold as the days passed by. She no longer took morning baths, instead she merely stayed for a drink. As she dipped her head to quench her thirst, Shalon peered toward the bottom of the river. At the bottom she could see the stones, the water rushing over them and yet they remained firm and in place. She thought for a moment, closing her eyes and sighing she lept into the water. A small yelp signifying how cold the water had become. Reaching her head to to bottom of the bed, she picked up a rock, and quickly excited the river. Placeing the rock on the grass she nodded to herself. It was perfectly smooth, with cascading waves of colours rippling through the stone. It was a mixture of brown grey and black stone. Perfect. This would be her gift for Aspen. The rock of their pack, she was firm and cool, letting life pass over her without the slightest of flinch. Aspen was Shalon's rock. She was rather proud of this gift, and hoped Aspen would like it.

With on hurdle out of the way, Shalon moved onto the next mother of their pack. The Den Mother. What did she want? If anything? Shalon was very well aquainted with Heartha, and so wasn't sure what her likes and dislikes were. She thought for a moment remembering the rituals her mother once told her of. In her mothers pack the alpha females were given herbs and pendants to help with the birth from the subordinate females, and the subordinate males would help the alpha male construct the whelping den. This gave Shalon an idea, even though she knew little about herbs, she did know of one. One that could help with anxiety and relaxation. She had seen lavender growing near the border and sandalwood growing near the entrance of the mountain. She realised she only had 30 minutes to travel to both places and make it back to the meadow. With the rock firmly in her jaws she ran toward the border, and then toward the main den. She was running out of room in her maw though, and didn't want everything to be all slimy. She had 15 minutes! With a small garballed sigh, with a small shrug. Hopefully they wouldn't be to bad.

She arrived before the guests of honour. Thank god! And she went looking for a place to hide, she couldn't see anyone else so she assumed they were either hiding or on their way. She had just found a place to hide when she heard Alder and his horribly loud foot steps, with a small shake of her head, Shalon was sure the two pregnant females would knew that something was up. When Alder spoke of the empty clearing she emerged from her spot calmly, laughing slightly at Alder's excitement, and leaving her presents hidden until it was time for them to be given.  "Congratulations Aspen, Heartha." She smiled at them both, glad to celebrate the additions to the pack.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen was resting when a call rang out from Alder. He called for both him and Heartha and quite quickly Aspen pulled herself to her paws and began to head out to meet him. It wasn't long before she could see him and she approached greeting him with an affectionate nuzzle. "Hello my king," she mused with a warm smile. Alder stated for them to follow him and with a roll of her shoulders Aspen did just that.

She had no idea where he was taking them but it didn't phase her. It was Alder, he obviously just wanted to show them something. Aspen followed him and let out a soft chuckle as his pawsteps became loud obvious he was trying to make his presence known. What on earth was he up to?

They hadn't walked out much further before Shalon moved from her hiding spot and congratulated the two and Alder spoke stating that this was for them and Aspen just stood there smiling in awe. Exchanging glances between Shalon, Heartha and her mate. Though, surely more wolves should have been here. If this was what she thought it was, then everyone was meant to be here yet to her disappointment none did. 

Nevermind that, Aspen was happy as ever as she padded over to give Shalon an affectionate nudge before returning to Alder and licking his muzzle. "Thank you Alder, and thanks Shalon, I thoroughly appreciate it, I can't explain how happy this makes me feel," she stated warmly.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~