Lost Creek Hollow Lone ranger, Wayward son
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
@Rickon

Dakarai had travelled far, from his pack in yellowstone. The dark furred brute was exhausted, grumpy, hungry, and for feck's sake he needed a drink. Vividly blue eyes darted around and his nose lifted into the air, sniffing for a source of water or food to satisfy him for at least a couple of hours. Trodding along he grumbled "damn pack, no good ingrates, hunger, eat a blasted Elk myself, nobody around" he muttered, his voice coming in and out of hearing range so only certain things could be picked up. SNAP Dakarai's ears snapped forward, and he paused in his step tentatively sniffing the air. "well i'll be damned" he hissed. He could smell two things, A wolf and a Rabbit not too far from here. He thought for a moment about whether to hunt the rabbit with another wolf so close by,  screw it, Im hungry was his only thought before he set his mind on hunting. padding forward until the scent of prey was strong, he set to finding the small but needed meal.

The solid onyx colored brute crouched down, finally locating where the creature was hiding and moved forward keeping his head low to the ground. He moved slowly every paw placed ever so-crunch "shit!" he snarled as the rabbit bolted off. With a quick sigh of annoyance he lunged after it, pushing against the ground with muscled legs as he sped after the tantalizing prey. The rabbit cut a sharp turn and skidded out, now was his chance! He threw himself ontop of the rabbit before it could regain its footing and with a quick jerk, had its neck broken. Laying next to his meal, he closed his eyes "Mother Gaia, thank you for providing this meal, for you have given me the strength to continue my journey" he whispered and tore a small piece of meat from the carcass eating in complete silence except for the small groan of "oh yes, thats good". He was still aware of the scent of another, though he was unsure how close the wolf really was.
stay gold, ponyboy
101 Posts
Ooc —
Rickon had been meandering about a warren of rabbits when a commotion from around the way seemed to scare everything within a five-mile radius deep into their dens and burrows. Not being a great hunter to start, this was truly detrimental to the dark wolf— but given his demeanor, he tried not to let happenstance get to him. That being said, he was interested in finding out who it was exactly that had cost him his own meal. Tipping his chin into the breeze, he caught the scent of another and followed it slowly.

Blood began to fill the air the closer he got, giving him pause once he could finally see the smoke-black spine of a wolf lying, enjoying its meal. Rickon suddenly thought better of approaching him. He wouldn't know what to say, at any rate, so he turned to give the wolf as wide girth in his attempt to pass by unnoticed.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai loudly munched on his meal, when he paused sniffing. His ears went back, before flicking back forward and twitching from side to side. The wolf was near, and was now close enough for him to tell it was another male. Instincts told him to growl and protect his catch, yet curiosity made him wonder why the male didnt come forward "Come on then, I have the nose of a thousand wolves. No use in hiding" he called out, pushing himself into a sitting position. 

Eyes looked in the direction of the male and he gave a wary sway of his tail "I mean no harm. Unless of course you mean me harm" he said cautiously.
stay gold, ponyboy
101 Posts
Ooc —
Rickon froze as the voice called out, one paw hanging in the air as if he thought moving an inch more might bring on a sudden attack. The nose of a thousand wolves? Though skeptical, he was naive enough to be wary of such a proclamation. What if it turned out to be true, while he ignored it as exaggeration? Well, walking around the feeding wolf clearly wasn't an option, so he turned and doubled back slightly, walking forward slowly until he had come into view of the other male. "Nah, I don't mean you no harm," he offered readily, his own tail pulling back and forth in slow sweeps of uncertainty. "I was actually tryin' not to disturb you, and just creep on by, but I guess I need practice in the sneakin' department."
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai's eyes swept over the male, taking note of the nervousness in his posture. Giving a small smile he nodded "Dont feel bad, im not that good at keeping quiet myself" he responded. Looking down at the almost eaten prey, he frowned. He was actually quite full but it was an insult to let prey go uneaten. Turning his gaze to the male he placed a paw on the rabbit and shoved it forward "would you like this? I am full and would hate for good food to go to waste" he said, not saying the truth about his beliefs.
stay gold, ponyboy
101 Posts
Ooc —
He found the male friendly and accommodating, perhaps overly so, as Rickon was suddenly offered a meal he had not worked for or earned in any way. That wasn't to say he wasn't an advantageous guy, because the green-eyed bastard almost never turned down a meal— he almost felt lucky in this moment, given that he would've been glad to eat carrion, let alone something relatively fresh and only half eaten. "Really?" He closed the remaining distance between them in only semi-hesitance, his tail wagging and muzzle held forward eagerly at the invitation. "Are you sure, man? I mean... you sure you're done with it?"
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai noticed the Male's hesitation and chuckled, deciding to be a bit moren honest as the male didnt seem to much of a threat "I am completely full. thank you for asking.I feel its better to share your meal than to let it go to waste. It's a bit of an insult to the Earth godess. . I suppose if you dont want it i can bury it, and give it back to Mother Earth." he said and waited to see if the male would take it before he buried it.
stay gold, ponyboy
101 Posts
Ooc —
"No, no, I definitely want it!" Rickon piped up a little too eagerly; too desperate. He was clearly hungry, and the prospect of burying half of a perfectly good meal seemed absurd to him. They'd never buried anything back in the trenches. Everything uneaten was left to the vultures and other less fortunate creatures— like the inept hunter, Rickon— but he supposed the wolves here didn't share that tradition. He crouched to take what was left of the rabbit, and then positioned himself with the meal between his forepaws, laying before the generous black wolf. "Thanks, man. Yer a life saver," he grinned, biting into the cold, but still-fresh carcass.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai nodded and settled back down on his stomach, his ears perked and Alert. "No problem. Do you think i could get a name?" he asked, If the male wouldn't share his name then Dakarai would know to not share his either. He sighed as he looked around his nose sniffing at all the unfamiliar scents "I miss my forest" he murmured, but just as quickly as it had come, the sadness was gone. Curiously he looked at the male, deeper this time. Ah....he is hungry. i wonder why he hasn't caught one himself the thoughts stirred both curiosity and compassion "Usually i dont offer this, but if you would like to team up perhaps my hunting could be of assistance? Do you have any special skills?" Dakarai asked shifting so that he was facing the male.
stay gold, ponyboy
101 Posts
Ooc —
"Ah jeezth, mo bad mon," Rickon said with his mouth full, speckles of blood and gristle flying from his lips as he was embarrassed to remember he hadn't even given his name before helping himself to the stranger's meal. Swallowing, so that he could speak better, the boy licked his chops and smiled. "Name's Rickon. What's yer name, my friend?" He bit into the nearly demolished meal again, crunching through bone and flesh as his ears angled attentively towards his companion. The question posed wasn't one that Rickon didn't have to think on long. He enjoyed company more than anything, and since he hadn't (at this point) decided to take up Valette on her offer of the Stone Circle, he didn't see an issue with teaming up. "I could really use the help, pal. I'm not very talented, I'll be the first t'say— but I'm pretty fit an' I got a decent head on my shoulders... I'm not a troublemaker if that counts fer anythin'."