Sunbeam Lair rockabye
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Joining 
He's calling for @Asterr but others are more than welcome to hop in!!

He was broken in all ways possible after departing from his cousin, and Hadraniel's emotional pain was far worse than any physical injury he had ever experienced. This pain weakened him from the inside out and to his annoyance there seemed no cure for it. No amount of herbs would free him from his misery and Hadraniel realized he would have no choice but to fight through this torture. 

Weakened by exhaustion and fatigue, the sandy man struggled in his climb up the mountainside despite it being a relatively easy path to conquer. He wasn't sure why his feet longed for him to go this way, but seeing as how he had nowhere to be Hadraniel figured he'd let his paws guide him on this journey. And sure enough he found himself along the borders of the alluring Asterr he had met long ago.

Hadraniel was unsure why he was here, but he knew that he wished to be here and nowhere else. Lifting his muzzle to the sky, the man called for the cheiftess and let the wind carry his cry so that it might reach the deepest corners of any cave. Even if she came only to send him away, he knew that it would be good to see her again. So Hadraniel sat and waited patiently for the leader to arrive, all while hoping that his call wouldn't go unanswered.
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The lair had been quiet as of late, which wasn’t at all unusual but still concerning all the same. She was not the sort that longed for noise and could survive just well in a world of silence, but the growth of her children made her desire something more. Something that might be interesting—thrilling—and capable of attracting their attentions. Their lessons would eventually be drawn to a close and, once that happened, they would need to choose what sorts of roles they’d serve within the tribe. It was for that reason, too, that she wished for something that might influence them positively and, of course, spark their interests. For even though they seemed young now, she knew how quickly time could fly, as well as how soon they’d have to decide on mentors. She’d been lingering along the lake whilst such thoughts filled her mind, only to have them torn away from her by a voice; she recognized it, as well as considered it to be a pleasant surprise. Away from the water she’d gone in an instant, heading towards the cavern’s entrance.

Slipping from the safety of the lair, Asterr hadn’t needed anything more than a second for her gaze to find the male. A smile pulled at the corners of her lips, glad to see him, though concern flickered through her eyes as she took note of his condition. Surely something had happened since they’d last seen one another, but she would not pry. Instead, the Chieftess had moved towards him, lessening the space before speaking. “It is good to see you,” had been the first words to leave her mouth, followed by, “What has brought you here today?” Despite her standing offer, she’d not make any assumptions. Whether or not he’d come to join, she’d leave it up to him to declare that as fact.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
I was hoping to have Avannon Involved with This in some way? so that maybe she could start earning a higher place within Ryujin aand know the joining process? If not i suppose just delete my post again..

The cry that had called from the borders had sounded off in some way. The pallid woman couldn't quite put her tongue on why it caused a pang of sympathy to well up within her chest, but it did. She stood up from her usual resting spot on a hill that had a clear view of the sky, and followed the sound. When she arrived she noticed that Asterr had already responded to the call, so she dipped her head "Asterr. Is there anything i can do to help?" she asked her voice quiet in the air as it left her maw. It was a male at the borders and the immediate feeling of fear and anxiety crept into her chest. 

Swallowing thickly she took notice of his condition, how he carried himself and her eyes softened in sympathy. He looked broken and she knew all to well how that felt now didn't she. She forced a compassionate smile onto her face and nodded to him as well, as much of a greeting as she felt she could offer at this moment.
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
He waited while thoughts of his cousin lingered in the back of his mind. He wondered how his brothers were doing, if they had children of their own or if they too had set out to create their own journey. Whatever they had decided to do, Hadraniel knew they would be fine. Anyone with Abernathy blood coursing through their veins would be to stubborn to die and the sandy male knew he had no reason to worry. 

Sucking in a breath, he turned to face the cheiftess as she approached and gave a dip of his muzzle as a greeting. "I was hoping that offer of yours hasn't expired yet" he said with a toothy grin as the voice of another joined them. Pale like the color of fresh winter snow with bright sky blue eyes, she was an ordinary looking wolf but something about her made her stand out. Hadraniel saw the sympathy in her eyes and immediately straightened himself out, he didn't need sympathy from her and as cruel as it may sound he didn't want it either. Still, it was rude not to greet her when he stood along the borders of the pack she called home. "Hi, I'm Hadraniel" he introduced with a forced smile before turning his attention back to Asterr.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
I am not sure how Avannon could really be involved in the process itself, but she’s more than welcome to hang around and observe. ^^;

The reason for his being there had come to light, though she’d not a moment to respond right away. Shortly after his speaking, there’d come another wolf, one of which the Chieftess knew well enough. A nod of her head was offered as a way of greeting, followed by a gentle, “I do not believe so,” in response to her query. The one visiting the lair was not a total stranger like some of those that had come before him, but an acquaintance to whom an offer to join had previously been given. Due to them having met once already, she did not feel as if the assistance of another might be required, yet she did not outright dismiss the other female. Rather, she’d said, “You may show him around afterwards if you would like to do so.” For a short second afterwards, she’d watched Avannon, awaiting her response before looking back towards the male.

“That being said,” she’d continued. “Of course my offer still stands.” Having recalled mentioning how it might never expire, she’d had but a single answer at her disposal. To go back on her word was out of the question, each promise made being something of great importance to her; without such binding words, how ever could trust exist? “If you wish to remain here, then you may,” said she. “Though, I am curious about whether you plan to stay for the winter months alone, or for the warmer ones as well?” Posed as a question, yet an answer was not demanded of him. Should he rather keep that to himself—or if he’d yet to think that far ahead—then she’d have no problem with allowing him to do exactly that.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
Taken aback just a bit by the way he silently seemed to shrug off her sympathy. She shifted her weight awkwardly and stared at the ground until Asterr replied to her offer. "of course! That would be no problem."  she replied eager to have something to due other than hunt and mope around waiting for Jolon to return to her side.

She finally noticed that the two seemed to know one another, and she looked between them with interest. Asterr had asked Hadraniel about the length of time he intended to stay and her brow drew in confusion. Surely if he was joining the tribe he would be expected to stay, not just take advantage of the extra paws for the winter. Whatever his relationship with Asterr was they obviously had respect for one another. Patiently waiting on the sidelines, she remained quiet. She focused on how the chieftess spoke and carried herself, trying to learn the appropriate way to handle a wolf on the borders.
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
With with his attention now focused back on Asterr, Hadraniel paid little mind to the snowy furred female that observed from the sidelines. She was not the one that would determine if he was accepted or not and therefore she meant little to him in this moment. He unknowingly grew stiff when the chieftess aimed to give her answer, but as soon as the words left her mouth Hadraniel let a relieved sigh come flowing from his lips. His smile he shot the inky leader was sincere and was worth more than a million words he could possibly mutter out.

Her question though caused him to think a bit, something he utterly despised. He couldn't predict the future and couldn't promise her that he would remain for the warmer months but..."as long as there is not a solid reason for me to leave then I will remain here for as long as I can." He would not promise his loyalty to her, but as long as Hadraniel remained here Ryūjin would have one more set of paws fighting for it's cause.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Went ahead and added you to the ranks. Welcome to the tribe~!

Having been unable to decide on what sort of answer she’d wanted to hear, her mind had been left open to all of the possibilities. It’d be interesting to have him around, though, no matter for how long it might be. When an answer had been given, she’d nodded, accepting his words. It was an unusual case, really; never could she recall having offered someone refuge without their loyalty having been given in some way, making Hadraniel an exception. Refusing to linger on that, or even bring it up aloud, she’d moved nearer to him. “Then for as long as you are here, you may consider the tribe to be your family,” she’d said, reaching out to touch her muzzle to his shoulder. Just as always, she’d not held it there for very long before taking a couple retreating steps in order to return to the male his space.

Looking to Avannon, she’d motioned for her to come closer, then turned her head back towards the man. “Avannon may show you around now if you would like,” said the Chieftess, right before adding, “If you would rather rest, that is fine as well. There will be plenty of time for you to explore.” Of course, should he wish to be shown around by her instead, the dragoness would not protest. She’d intended to busy the female, to distract her whilst also having her do something helpful, but the comfort of everyone came before her own plans.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
When beckoned she came forth and sat a few feet away from the Chieftess, turning to face Hadraniel "Im pretty much always available, so if you are indeed tired take some time to rest up." she said using a friendly tone now that he was officially into the tribe. "Welcome to Ryujin" She added with a wide smile allowing the tip of her tail to twitch back and forth. 

She was happy about so many things in the tribe, like Asterr's children. The one meeting she had with them, she had become fond of one particular girl. She did not know anything about the girl, but she knew she would like to help the child grow in some way. Maybe to mentor her on something would keep Avannon's spirits up while she waited. Deciding to ask Asterr about it at sometime, she waited silently for Hadraniel's answer.
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
He understood if loyalty was necessary but Hadraniel wouldn't make a promise he didn't know if he could keep. Loyalties shifted with the slightest hint of change and for someone to dedicate themselves completely to another, well the sandy man found it impossible. So when she accepted him into her ranks without making him pledge his undying allegiance, well it was interesting at the least. Not many leaders would do such a thing but he was greatful for her kind heart and gladly accepted the touch to his shoulder. "Thanks" he said with a toothy grin before listening to what else she had to say.

It seemed both were alright with him resting if needed, but despite looking like a complete mess Hadraniel was actually beaming on the inside, at least for the moment that is. He turned to face the snowy furred female as she welcomed him and this time around he gave her a more heartfelt smile. "Exploring is one of my favorite hobbies so I'm ready to go if you are" and with that he left it to her to lead the way into the new chapter of his life.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There existed, perhaps, no others out there to which the Chieftess would offer the same to as she had Hadraniel. He truly was a special case, as well as a wolf whose presence she was glad to have around. As his thanks to her had been given, she’d simply smiled and nodded, having nothing more to say. For as thankful as he might be to have been granted access to the lair, she was grateful that he’d come in the first place. Though they’d met but once before, and it had been fairly brief, she’d been able to see the good in him. The kindness that was carried within his heart was something that she could relate to, which made having him around all the more enjoyable.

Avannon had been addressed, then, which had been the cue she’d needed to excuse herself. “I will be leaving you two now,” she’d said, looking at the pair. “I am sure you will settle in nicely, but please do not hesitate to come find me if you are curious about anything.” With that, she’d left them, allowing the duo a chance at getting to know one another.
206 Posts
Ooc — Chey.
I suppose i shall make this Ava's last post! i'll makie another thread for the exploring!

Avannon's thoughts cleared up when Hadraniel turned to her, offering her a genuine smile as he accepted the offer. She breathed out a sigh of relief and stood up. She dipped her head to Asterr as she stood and left them, silently watching her go until her dark form disappeared.

" In the lair there is an above ground part, and below ground so there is alot of space to cover! I know exploring with someone is not always as exciting as discovering places on your own, so i'll show you the stream, and the places below ground where you can exit to the ceiling of the lair. That way you can have some alone time while getting familiar with the territory". She explained eagerly. She began to walk off but paused a few feet away to wait for him. He seemed like a nice man, but she was deeply curious about how Asterr and Hadraniel knew one another. She would wait to ask the male until they knew one another better so she didn't seem intrusive. Besides it wouldn't hurt to make a friend since everyone seemed scarce around here.
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
He followed after his tour guide with curiosity burning bright in his eyes. He had never quite seen anything like this lair before and the wander was mesmerized by it's beauty. He kept silent for much of the tour but his eyes spoke all the emotions he was feeling. It was almost unbelievable to think that this place would be his home, that someone like him would be granted access to such a captivating land. 

He would cherish this opportunity for as long as he could and was determined to prove his worth in this tribe. This was his chance at a new life, now all he had to do was make sure not to mess up, but that was easier said than done.