Golden Glade The Strength Within
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
All Welcome 
@Nico? Merc thread perhaps? Although AW!

Shalon walked thae familiar path toward the stream, the mid day heat beat against he back as she walked. She stones along the edge of the stream were hot to the touch as she approached the gently running water. Dipping her head, her tongue lapping the still cold water that came down from the top of the mountain. It was refreshing on such a hot day. It was times like this that she was greatful for the shade the Glad provided. Gracefully wading into the water, Shalon welcomed the cold water. Coming across the other side, she went in search of a soldier. Her recent spar with Alder had prompted Shalon to wonder about Nico's abilities. Surely better than her own, but she thought perhaps a spar between the two of them was a good idea. So they both understood their abilities. Should anything happen. With her nose to the ground looking for @Nico's scent.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
fallen angels and burning stars
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
The yearning to leave Royal Fire Court and leave with Aeronwyn grew with every day he stayed, and soon, it was all he could do to not step over the borders and depart whenever he was patrolling. It burned beneath his breast, a ball of red hot, heated desire to leave and go somewhere where he had a goal and a purpose and someone to woo. Here, Nico felt like he had no use being here, his presence here was simply redundant, which meant he should leave. Yet...he didn't. Perhaps it was because numbers were still few, and he didn't want to betray the Court so soon, which was, in a way, a rather stupid excuse, given the fact he would betray them sooner or later. One might say to do it earlier, saving them the pain. But Nico believed that there wasn't going to be any pain, or hurt, because he hadn't stayed long enough to make deep connections, so maybe, just maybe, he should stay just another week.

His thoughts may be incorrect, but the sterling male couldn't care less. As far as he was concerned, he was right, and that was that. End of the bloody story.

Nico wandered beneath the shade of the forest with languid movements, giving an impression of insouciance, when in fact, he was lost in rather troubling thoughts of his impending future and the decisions they involved, as well as the darkness of his past that threatened to rush past his mental barriers and flood his brain, thus rendering him useless to both the pack and the world. Now that was not something he could afford right now.

The soldier paused in his steps and sighed, a scowl momentarily creasing his otherwise impassive features before he assumed a facade of casual indifference and continued his stroll through the woods, hoping to be uninterrupted.
Nico is aiming for the Scout and Mercenary trades

PM me for trade threads anytime :)
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
crappy phone post... Sorry

Shalon has found the scent of the male quickly, considering his dedication to the border patrol. Think of Nick brought a smile to her face. His handsom apperance and his Apple green eyes still has Shalon transfixed by their last encounter. 

As his scent became more and more fresh Shalon slowed her pace. She could see his figure in the distance. Was he drew closer she would offer him a chuff in greeting, "Hello Nico. Long time no see." She smiles brightly at him, already glad for his company. The heat of the day Was ignore for the time being.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
don't worry about it! :)

And obviously, when Nico wanted to be left alone most, someone just had to come and interrupt. A part of him as thankful for the distraction, while the other half of him was exasperated. After all, how was he going to come to a sensible conclusion if other wolves decide to come and chat with him halfway? It just wasn't going to work that way, and at this rate, he wasn't going to come to any sort of answer anytime soon. Nevertheless, the soldier, however annoyed he was, he didn't want to appear rude and disrespectful in front of his packmates. Thus, he hid his anger beneath his impeccable facade and a charming smile

It was Shalon. The soldier could tell from her scent, and he was rather unsure as to how he felt to her presence. He wasn't agitated, or nervous, unlike when he met Charley or Aspen, for fear that they found out his plans to leave. But it was another sort of feeling, something he couldn't quite put his paw on yet. Hmm, he'll think more into it later.

"Not really," Nico drawled, a charming smile lingering on his lips, eyes gleaming with supposed amusement. "Been less than a week?" he cocked his head, unsure. He didn't keep track of mundane things such as packmate encounters, so he rather uncertain as to what the exact date was. But then, why would it matter? "What's up, Shalon?"

338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon laughed slightly, she was finding her emotions for the first time since she was a pup. "I was kidding, Nico." She watched him softly, before clearing her throat. She had a serious look on her face," I am currently trying to test others abilities, as we talked about last time, you are a soldier. I was wondering if we could spar? So we both know each others strengths and weaknesses." She looked at the male, "And perhaps you could give me a few pointers, given your past." Nodding to herself, she continued, "I had an encounter when I first arrived with a violent female. We are still so few in numbers, a little practice between the fighters of this pack would help us be better prepared for anything to come." Shalon's silver eyes, peered into the forest around them, "What do you say Nico?" She smiled at him, awaiting his response.

She had no idea that she had interupted the male, and she tried very hard to remain on topic. Not focusing on his looks, or his charming smiles. This was serious. At least to Shalon it was.
Shalon's Pawprints 
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
"Of course you were," Nico smiled vaguely, scanning his surroundings with narrowed eyes. Even if he wasn't by the borders, exactly, the possibility of an intruder hiding inside the packlands were always possible, however slim, and he didn't want that to happen, especially not so close right after the pack had just become official. After doing a brief scan, he turned his attention back to Shalon, a small smile playing idly on his lips as he cocked his head, regarding her with mild curiousity.

Shalon proposed a friendly spar between the two of them, to get to know each other's strength and weaknesses. His gaze narrowed ever so slightly for a moment. While he liked a spar now and then, he wasn't so sure about it this time simply because he knew that he was going to be leaving the pack soon and while Nico knew that he couldn't refuse the spar without looking suspicious, he was rather hesitant about showing his weaknesses to a potential enemy in the future. However much he hated that idea, he knew that it was a possibility and was already calculating the odds.

Little did Nico know that the violent female Shalon was talking about was the girl he planned to leave the pack for.

After a moment of careful thinking, Nico decided that he would spar with Shalon, but he wouldn't try his best because he couldn't afford showing her any of his weaknesses despite them currently being packmates. After all, who knew what could happen in the future? So, the sterling soldier flashed her one of his killer bad boy smiles and a wink, "Sure, Shalon," he said, stretching his muscles and shifting easily into his typical combative stance.

338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon waited patiently, curious as to why this might be a hard desicion to make. She wouldn't push, she remembered back to their conversation from a short time ago. Was it related to his combatitive past? Did he think the attempt to maintain security futile? Or was it something else?

A daring smile grew on his maw, causing a subtle blush to form under the fur on her cheeks. With a curt nod she watched him enter a stance. She too attempted, although she had little practice with combat. She did watch him carefully, perhaps she could learn from watching his movements. She dashed forward, trying to catch him off gaurd. She had learned with recent spars that she was fast, she didn't have the strength of others, however she seemed to find victory when using speed to her advantage. She ran to the side aiming for the space between his left shoulder and his neck. She had no intent to hurt the male, but she also knew that he was an experienced combatant. Shalon knew he could handle himself.
Shalon's Pawprints 
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
Nico did not fail to notice the faint blush that formed on her cheeks after he'd winked and smiled at her, and while he was rather amused at himself for his ability to make others fall for him and swoon, another part of him realised that it might end badly for her, thus making him rethink his decision. Before the soldier had the time to do so, however, Shalon rushed at him, apparently trying to catch him off guard. He had too much experience for that, however, and quickly sidestepped, a slow smile playing languidly on his lips as he began circling her, his movements subtle and graceful, but holding, within them, the deadliness of a predator. His eyes scanned her movements sharply, trying to notice a flaw, or an opening, in which he could attack her.

In a flash, he lunged at her, feinting a blow for her shoulder while lowering his muzzle at the last second, trying to pull her left forlimb out from beneath her, thus, if successful, unbalancing her. Whether he was successful or not, Nico would back away immediately after he made his move, ready to resume his dance once more.

338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon focused on the attack to her shoulder, missed the play entierly. Nico would snag her left leg out from under her, causing the once graceful female to stumble. He retreated quickly enough, something Shalon was grateful for. She had moment to breath.

Regaining her steps, she followed his movements watching closely. She could see no flaw in his ways, which didn't suprise her. She would wait this time for him to make a move. She had made the first move last time, now it was his turn. She smirked at him, playful and yet not at the same time. She was enjoying this, despit the fact she knew she would propbably loss.
Shalon's Pawprints 
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
Nico's jaws found its way onto Shalon's left leg and making sure his grip was gentle, he pulled her limb out from underneath her, inwardly smiling at the success of his little feint. With time, the female would begin to see through the fake move that wolves inevitably used. But these things took time, practive and skill, and therefore, the soldier wasn't expecting her to know everything immediately, but he hoped she would learn. 

Moving back quickly, he circled her, his steps sturdy and purposeful, his gaze narrowed ever so slightly as he tried to see if there was an opening. Shalon smirked at him, and that was when he made his move. Rushing towards her with no intention of stopping, Nico suddenly swerved to the side and turned around so he faced her flank, and immediately, he ran, his head bowed and lowerered like one of a charging bull. If his head connected with her side, he would attempt to push her over, or at least to cause her to stumble.

338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon had never seen such a thing from one of her kind. Was he trying to be a bull? It worked a little though, she indeed stumbled to the side. If she were able she would reach for his hindleg, although she realized in the motion that perhaps she wasn't quite long enough to reach. It didn't stop her from trying. She tried to force a misstep on behave of the male, she could only win if his four paws were no longer on the ground.
Shalon's Pawprints 
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
She stumbled, and he immediately regained a combative position, lightfooted, with his crown lowered just enough to protect his neck. She attempted to reach for his hind leg and it almost worked, but he managed to pull his leg out of the way in the last moment. Quickly, Nico leapt out of her reach, carefully regulating his breathing. She might not be trained, but she bore some talent, and he was looking forward to sparring a bit more with her. She had potential, he felt, and he liked that in a wolf.

Nico simply circled her again, and waited for Shalon to make a move.

338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon was growing frustrated. She knew she shouldn't be, but she was getting fed up with the results. She just wasn't getting anywhere. She need more practice if she was going to be any use to the pack. She let out a snarl, showing her frustration.

She could see Nico waiting for her to make her move. Shalon took a moment to think about what her next move should be. He had avoided her attacks, he was a very skilled combatant Shalon knew that. "You're good at this." She stated as calmly as she could, a touch of annoyance in her tone. Although she couldn't help but be glad that he was on her side.

Shalon tried the same move he had just tried, probably obvious. But she was trying to learn so she figured she would try this one out. Dipping her head and charging the male like a bull she would try to destabilize the man. Aiming for his chest with her right shoulder.
Shalon's Pawprints 
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
She spoke, and Nico smiled softly, sensing that she was just a tad bit annoyed. It was normal; he'd had his fair share of frustration and annoyance in the past, but he always got over it, and he was confident that Shalon would as well. "I've trained my entire life," the silver male smiled grimly. "I'll be scared if I wasn't." There was an underlying bitterness in his cool tone, and for a moment, the soldier was lost in the memories of the past, as he so often was. This time though, Nico pulled himself out of his swirling thoughts quickly: in a battle, one could not afford to have one's head in the clouds. 

That was a lesson Nico had learnt the hard way, and he was never making that mistake ever again. And so he concentrated on her, and when she made her move, it was clear that she was attempting to copy him. He danced out of the way, but had been slightly distracted, so her shoulder caught him and jolted the breath out of him. Nico blinked, grinned and narrowed his eyes at her. "Good job," he called, and continued to circle her. "Come on, keep going."

338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon gave him a devilish grin, nodding her head. Accepting his advise. Try again. But where to aim for next? The ultimate question for a warrior. Her dulled claws gripped the ground, her tail twitched as her mind ran through the scenarios in her head. She wasn't strong enough to over come him, that was for sure. She was fast, perhaps faster than him, but she had no idea how to use that to her advantage. But maybe.... She had it!

Dashing forward on his right, aiming for his left flank. She tried to reel him in, letting him believe that she was just trying her old tricks. As if she hadn't learned anything. If he should fall for her feint, she would swing her body, becoming perpendicular to the male. Pushing her whole weight into Nico's ribs, trying to push him over hopefully losing his balance.
Shalon's Pawprints