Broken Antler Fen Young and loaded
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
If anything, this wasn't really how she had pictured being pregnant. Pearl was laying down a little ways from The Cove, thinking and panting a little harder than normal after a hunt. She'd managed to still be a successful hunter during her pregnancy, but this was still the first few weeks, and she still had plenty of time to become a useless whale. 

The nausea had passed for the time being, so she was able to eat most of the rabbit she had caught earlier, which was sunning in front of her paws. Pearl looked over and inspected her white-furred belly, trying to decipher whether or not that was a baby bump.
Epsilon
My Dearest Friend, If You Don't Mind, I'd Like To Join You By Your Side Where We Can Gaze Into The Stars & Sit Together, Now & Forever, For It Is Plain To See We're Simply Meant To Be.
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
*snatches pregnant thread*

Ambrosia had kept her promise to Sebastian, staying within the borders and serving the pack dutifully in preparation for the children that would soon be born-but the Valentine still hadn't seen the mother to be, and so when Pearl's scent drifted to the tawny warrior, she went. 

When she found the alpha, she approached with caution-while she didn't yet have babies, hormones were a hell of a thing, and Ambrosia wouldn't risk another scar for her foolishness. Reguardless, she offered a wide grin, joking with her friend and wagging her tail even if she stayed a few feet away. 
             "Hey there mama, how're you feeling?"
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl's attention to her belly (whether it was bigger or not she still hadn't decided) was pulled away as she heard someone approaching. She perked her ears and swiveled her head around to none other than a smiling Ambrosia. A grin formed on her face at seeing her again, or at least getting to talk since she'd gotten back. 

Her tail slapped the ground as she replied, "Not too bad, and how about yourself?" The hormones hadn't bitch-slapped her in the face too hard just yet, so everyone was safe for now.
Epsilon
My Dearest Friend, If You Don't Mind, I'd Like To Join You By Your Side Where We Can Gaze Into The Stars & Sit Together, Now & Forever, For It Is Plain To See We're Simply Meant To Be.
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Thankfully, the white alpha took the joke and smiled, and Ambrosia knew she was safe to come the next few feet forward before plopping to her side across from Pearl. Her own tail swished across the earth gently, and she was happy to spend a few easy moments with her friend. 

"Congratulations, by the way. Nothing too much since we came home - Sorry about being gone so long."

At her apology, the woman's inky mask fell into a solemn one. She wasn't sure if Pearl knew about Brandy's state of mind before, but she never had been one to hide things.

"Brandy, she.... Well, she lost her shit to be honest. She came to me sobbing and begging me to take her anywhere, to help her. So I took her to climb mountains: can you think of anything more tiring? I figured we'd be gone a day or two at most, but she was a lot worse than I thought."
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl watched Ambrosia come closer and sit down, so in turn she boosted herself up to a sitting position in order to talk to her better. "No, it's alright-" she paused, wondering if it was okay to talk about why they had left for so long. Even though she was an alpha, she didn't like to excersize her authority that often. An explination came, sure enough. She was relieved she didn't have to pry into their buisness.

"I knew Brandy wasn't doing so well, you did the right thing." she managed work out. Still, coming back to let them know they'd be gone for as long as they had been couldn't have been that hard. Brandy must've been awful. "Yeah, it sounds like it. Did you two get to reconnect much?"she asked, twitching an alert ear.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Pearl seemed glad that Ambrosia gave her the information without having to ask - she also made it clear that she'd known about Brandy's state. Good - maybe the alpha could help her out. The praise itself was like letting out a breath she didn't know she'd been holding - it was such a relief. 

"I'm glad you bear us no ill will. We reconnected a good bit, but I think she needed connected more than our relationship did."
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
"Of course, it's alright. We just didn't expect you two to be gone for that long." Pearl paused to look down at her belly. They'd need the extra help, especially if there were more than they could handle.

"It's good you came back when you did, though, you'll get to see the little ones," she smiled.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Pearl was for sure a lot less upset than her mate - odd, consitering she was the hormonal one carrying babies - and a grin spread across the mercenary's face. They seemed to switch topics, though, for which Ammie was grateful. She'd get to see the pups - not that she ever intended not to - but that was a bittersweet thought in itself. She'd long since been over the crush on Sebastian, but that wasn't to say that it didn't hurt. Seeing the man getting his family together, well, it hurt - but her mind never let it linger long. 

"I can't wait till they're big enough to play - but I guess that's a long way off, huh?"
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl huffled good-naturedly. "It's probably going to be here before we know it, though," she said. She remembered how fast other pups grew up, and how little of a time they were actually babies. It was like they were born one day, and when she saw them a few weeks later, they were already running around. 

"What'd you have in mind for them to do?" she asked, interested.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Ambrosia was enjoying her time with the alpha - once, she'd been so jealous, she never thought she'd even like Pearl - and glad she'd opened up and allowed herself to love, no hate. 

Good timing, too.

Ammie nodded in agreement - they would be here and growing in a flash, and before Pearl knew it, they'd be gone.

"It all goes so fast. One day their suckling and blind, and the next they're fighting for dominance - before you know it, they'll be off hunting alone, bringing you back the kills...." 

Sadness laced her tone, but she really was happy for Pearl and Sebastian - they, too, would know the joys of parenthood. At the white woman's question, Ambrosia shrugged: one shoulder twitched up a little faster than the other, jolting up, but the tawny warrior didn't even notice such a minute thing. She smiled, thinking of her own games with Brandy and all the things she'd taught her.

"Hide and go seek, tag, any other games they're sure to think up. Depends on what they're like. when they get older: I'm sure you guys would teach them to hunt, but I could teach those interested to be a good warrior, like I did with Brandy. 
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl listened with no small amount of anxiety - Ambrosia was a mother, and she spoke from first-hand experience. The span of the pup's early lives would probably go by very quickly, but she wanted to experience them and enjoy them in the moment without worrying about the future too much. It seemed a waste.

Pearl smiled at all the different possibilities. "That sounds wonderful, I can't wait for them to meet you," she said, wagging her tail gently across the ground.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Pearl listened, and Ammie felt good to have at least given the mother-to-be some sort of advice to prepare her - neither of them commented again on it, and the alpha turned the conversation back to a lighter side. 

"I can't wait to meet them, either! Did you have names picked out yet?"

Her own tail dusted the earth behind her, and she layed her head on her paws, smiling.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Even though the expectant mother was still mulling over the ideas Ambrsia had given her, Pearl was excited to talk about her soon-to-be kids. "No, I don't think we've agreed on any yet. I should prbably talk with Sebastian about that soon though." she snorted, almost laughing at how unprepared they were. 

"I kinda wanna see what they look like before naming them, you know?" she asked, absentmindedly waving her tail back and forth and smiling.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Ambrosia nodded at her alphas reasoning -- she didn't have names picked out either for her kid(s), but then again she hadn't wanted them -- but was glad that she'd at least gave them some things to mull over. 

"There were several women in my birth pack that chose to give the pups names before they were even born -- as soon as they could guess how many there were, they chose. Silly, if you ask me: I had ideas, sure, but I ended up going with none of them."
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl nodded, briefly wondering about Ambrosia's pack and younger years before mentally returning to the converasation. She took in the information, of course, but regardless, she wanted to know if Ammie had any ideas of her own. "Do you have any suggestions?" she asked curiously. "Or do you wanna try and guess how many there are in here?"
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
"Nah, I've never been so good at names. My sister gave me the idea for Brandy."

Turning her lemon gaze closer to the alpha female's belly, Ambrosia squinted before shrugging. 

"Maybe three or four, maybe?"

Suddenly, Ammies jaws parted in a wide yawn, and the Mercenary smiled before standing. 

"Think I'm gunna go nap -- take it easy, Pearl."
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl shrugged back good naturedly. She'd figure it out, along with her husband. She nodded at the guess, thinking it to be pretty accurate for the weight she was feeling. Her belly was starting to strain against this unforseen bulk, to the distain of its owner. "Sounds about right," she remarked, staring at it herself.

She smiled at her friend, nodding her off. "Sleep well, see ya later," she said, turning away and looking for a spot to nap as well.